Inspire 2 - "Air Encoder Error (0x100000)"
13123 31 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HunterJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216644 ft
United States

I updated My Inspire 2 to the latest software V01.0.0240 for the Drone and the latest Software for the Controller V01.0.0110.

I now have An Error "Air Encoder Error (0x100000) Restart Aircraft. Contact DJI Support if it Presists after Restart."

While in the Aircraft Status Tool Bar in the DJI Go 4 App it says "Compass: Normal, IMU: Normal, ESC Status: Normal"

Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated I am using the Zenmuse X5'S as well as 2 Controller a 480GB SSD and a 128gb Micro SD. Thank You,

I Pluged in the Inspire 2 and did a Refresh through the DJI Assistant App No Luck.

2017-3-3
Use props
HunterJ
lvl.1
United States

After Further Investigation: The SSD and the Micro SD are Not being recognized by my Inspire 2. I am not able to reformat the SSD or even the Miro SD in the GO 4 App it says "No SSD or No Micro SD". The GreenLight isn't lit next to the Micro SD Card slot. If I remove the SSD and the Micro SD and reboot the Inspire 2 the rear light turns Green Once Again and the Error Remains.
2017-3-3
Use props
fans13b6f270
lvl.1
Flight distance : 278045 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have the same issue. No idea what to do.
2017-3-4
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Have you guys tried reformatting the mico sd card on a pc and then trying again? But leaving the SSD out?
Karl
2017-3-4
Use props
fans13b6f270
lvl.1
Flight distance : 278045 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I tried to reformat the micro sd card. It does not help.
2017-3-4
Use props
Nik1000
New

New Zealand

I have the same issue: Aircraft Encoder Error(0x100000). So SD light, SD showing empty on Go 4.0 UI.

Also, I have no pan control of the gimbal. When I use touch camera control, the UI shows that I am trying to pan with the little arrow but it will only tilt. Any advice anyone?
2017-3-4
Use props
AERISRUN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 909685 ft
  • >>>
Réunion

Hello,

I had this message this morning while trying the new firmware. I had the X5s not fixed to the aircraft.

Back at the office, same message, i install the camera and the message desappear.

DId you try with and without the camera ?

Best regards

Adrien
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, did you happen to recalibrate everything just to ensure that everything was communicating properly?
2017-3-5
Use props
AERISRUN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 909685 ft
  • >>>
Réunion

I just flew after a compas calibration and an auto gimbal calibration. No error, no gimbal drift, all parameters OK !
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI iOS Team
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

plz  get the x5s camera installed and check...
2017-3-6
Use props
Lucent.Song
New

China

Hello, if the X4S/X5S is not installed, There will be such error. Could help to check if the camera is installed properly?
2017-3-6
Use props
HunterJ
lvl.1
United States

Update: I contacted DJI Support Last Night and they told me to Calibrate the IMU. However Upon Starting Up my Inspire 2 the Error was gone. So I proceeded with Calibrating the IMU then DJI Support Person wanted to see the Error Message that was being present that was now gone so I sent them I screen shot that I took the other day. They then proceeded to tell me that I was going to need to send my Inspire 2 in even though everything was fine up until this latest update. I am containg DJI via Phone support tonight to figure out this mess.
2017-3-6
Use props
fanse186c04e
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

what about the HD 50 frames per second, is that ok now?, now in the previous version the HD 50 frames per second are not readable in Final Cut or mac!
2017-3-7
Use props
Pietje Phantom
lvl.1
Netherlands

I have the same issue, it started after the latest firmware update.  
I did a firmware refresh but with no result, error "aircraft encoder (0x100000)" is stil there.
(note, this is without camera i'm still waiting for it to arrive.)
2017-3-8
Use props
Puralist
lvl.2
United States

This was the first update on my Inspire 2, had multiple issues but eventually was able to resolve by updating it 3 more times before everything worked again.

Did notice that the I2 seems faster in sport mode than it did prior. Nothing concrete but never went much over 50 mph until my flight yesterday after the update where I saw it reach approx 65 mph.
2017-3-8
Use props
fans82a02d84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine took several times to acknowledge the update. At first I tried to update via my computer, thought it was ok then plugged in my iPad and ended up doing it over maybe 3 more times before everything worked, then ran battery updates. It still says that I need to update my airspace data.
2017-3-8
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29767 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is entirely normal to get this error message if you do not have a camera attached.

It is only a cause for concern if you still get the error when you do have a camera attached.
2017-3-9
Use props
Telrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29767 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans82a02d84 Posted at 2017-3-8 16:41
Mine took several times to acknowledge the update. At first I tried to update via my computer, thought it was ok then plugged in my iPad and ended up doing it over maybe 3 more times before everything worked, then ran battery updates. It still says that I need to update my airspace data.

The 'airspace' update is separate to the firmware so you will need to follow the instructions provided to c0omeplte that update.
2017-3-9
Use props
Jacquelin
New
Seychelles

so thats mean its normal for the memory card to not get recognize if the camera is not attached?
2017-3-11
Use props
dizifilms
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16185308 ft
  • >>>
Canada

SAME PROBLEM!  

AIR ENCODER ERROR (0X400000)
CAMERA SENSOR ERROR
HARDWARE MALFUNCTION. CONATACT DJI SUPPORT TO FOR REPAIRS

&%$#@&?%!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-3-12
Use props
J-Darcy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 847428 ft
United Kingdom

Nik1000 Posted at 2017-3-4 12:04
I have the same issue: Aircraft Encoder Error(0x100000). So SD light, SD showing empty on Go 4.0 UI.

Also, I have no pan control of the gimbal. When I use touch camera control, the UI shows that I am trying to pan with the little arrow but it will only tilt. Any advice anyone?

I too have the encoder issue.

Re: The gimbal yaw issue - are you sure you took it out of the default follow mode and put it in free mode... I keep the switch gimbal modes assigned to my C2 button (and gimbal recenter on C1).

When you start it each time it doesn't let you yaw it - confused me for a while
2017-3-13
Use props
fans487b7169
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466171 ft
United States

I had the same error show up, I connected the X5S and it worked, i was trying to fly it with just the FPV camera...
2017-4-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans487b7169 Posted at 2017-4-27 19:00
I had the same error show up, I connected the X5S and it worked, i was trying to fly it with just the FPV camera...

It's good to hear you were able to find the root of the issue.
2017-4-27
Use props
polg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1352175 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

I just contacted the DJI Support and the told me that I have to send in the aircarft because the "Air Encoder Error (0x100000) Restart Aircraft. Contact DJI Support if it Presists after Restart." is an herdware error. I am not sure if I should wait for some weeks to see if mybe it will disappear or not ...
A lot of you guys say that it appeared at the last update ... so mybe another update will solve this problem ...
2017-4-28
Use props
bobo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

polg Posted at 2017-4-28 02:36
I just contacted the DJI Support and the told me that I have to send in the aircarft because the "Air Encoder Error (0x100000) Restart Aircraft. Contact DJI Support if it Presists after Restart." is an herdware error. I am not sure if I should wait for some weeks to see if mybe it will disappear or not ...
A lot of you guys say that it appeared at the last update ... so mybe another update will solve this problem ...

It's a known error message that you get when you have 'NO CAMERA ATTACHED". When you install a camera and boot up, you should have no more error.
2017-4-28
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 369652 ft
Italy

"Air Encoder Error (0x100000)" with Aircraft Firmware V01.0.0330 yesterday... SOLVED!
I write just to help other pilots.
Looking for a solution before contacting the Dji support I've reached this page. Reading yours experiences I've tried to resolve formatting the CINESSD and the microSD, without success. So I've extracted and reinserted the CINESSD, nothing ...then I do it with the microSD: solved! I don't know exactly why. The only thing I can suppose is a shock while I was traveling by car a rough road before the event.

Good luk!
2017-4-29
Use props
fansf96a982c
lvl.1
United States

Took my Inspire 2 out of the box today and attached the X4S Gimbal / Camera.

I have this error: Air Encoder Error (0x100000)

Also... Gimbal Status: Gimbal Disconnected.

I have a X4S gimbal attached. Latest firmware installed, refreshed, reinstalled previous, reinstalled latest – with no change. I was told to send back in. Was hoping that wasn't the case. Anyone solve this?
2017-5-21
Use props
fans74ab8255
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137175 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf96a982c Posted at 2017-5-21 16:59
Took my Inspire 2 out of the box today and attached the X4S Gimbal / Camera.

I have this error: Air Encoder Error (0x100000)

I have the same exact problem. First time trying to use the gimbal. Is there something that needs to be done with the X4S gimbal/camera before you attach it to the drone? Tried taking the SD card out and put it back in but nothing works.
2017-5-24
Use props
gregor6
New
Flight distance : 15486 ft
Germany

Hello,

have teh same problem, exist now a solution?
Thanks an all

2017-5-26
Use props
Alfred Johns
lvl.1
United States

fans74ab8255 Posted at 2017-5-24 10:28
I have the same exact problem. First time trying to use the gimbal. Is there something that needs to be done with the X4S gimbal/camera before you attach it to the drone? Tried taking the SD card out and put it back in but nothing works.

I have been told by DJI that it is a faulty x4s gimbal. I had to return mine. Waiting to hear back.
From DJI:
"If the only error message in the app under Overall Status is Air Encoder Error (0x100000) while the gimbal is attached AND while it is not attached then it is no longer a software error. The gimbal is the issue."
2017-5-26
Use props
gregor6
New
Flight distance : 15486 ft
Poland

Alfred Johns Posted at 2017-5-26 16:55
I have been told by DJI that it is a faulty x4s gimbal. I had to return mine. Waiting to hear back.
From DJI:
"If the only error message in the app under Overall Status is Air Encoder Error (0x100000) while the gimbal is attached AND while it is not attached then it is no longer a software error. The gimbal is the issue."

But crazy is in my case works the gimbal once, after downgrade to lust but one firmware and back to the latest version.
2017-5-27
Use props
fansa16a7728
New

I just purchased new inspire 2 today.and
I tried to connect it with my using x7. But video from x7 not coming. Showing as "camera sensor error".. What may be the reason?
2018-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules