How to use Tripod Mode?
2739 5 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
King Sirloin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136453 ft
Australia

After waiting nearly 5 months for my mavic, it finally turned up and it hasn't stopped raining since.
So I thought I would try tripod mode.  Thing is, the app says intelligent flight modes aren't available while in ATTI mode.  This means I have to go outside in the rain to get a gps signal and come back in with the door wide open to maintain a weak signal, just enough to access flight modes.

Now it says I can't use tripod mode until the craft is flying!  JEEESSUSSS!  This means I somehow have to navigate through the app to tripod mode while frantically trying to keep the thing hovering between the walls and furniture.

Isn't tripod mode recommended for indoor flight?  And if so, why does it have to rely on gps signal and flight before it will work?

2017-3-3
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I agree that it's a bit crazy to only be able to switch to tripod mode after take off, but it's only 2 clicks on the control and the Mavic will hover whilst you're not moving the sticks.

As for flying indoors.....  Seen too many crashes for me to bother with that...  

Have fun...
2017-3-3
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RESIST THE ITCH and don't fly indoor with or without tripod mode! learn from other peoples mistake and save some furnitures!
2017-3-3
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

I would also suggest not flying indoors until you have flown quite a bit outdoors. I do fly indoors....at work where it has a bit more room than say my house.
2017-3-4
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Would not recommend flying indoors unless it's a big area like a court. I tried flying indoors for a very short period and while I was very careful and know what I was doing, I would not do it again.
2017-3-4
Use props
King Sirloin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136453 ft
Australia

Didn't actually get that far but have since researched tripod mode and that is the way it operates.  Seems a lot of people would like an indoor mode that turns off relevant settings, and uses tripod settings for maneuverability.  
2017-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules