Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5S Support for OSMO
20492 68 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichfromHowellN
Captain
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Somehow I don’t see the OSMO handle for the X5S coming out anytime soon.  I’m not even sure it will ever be released.  Been waiting on this for over a year now
2017-10-9
Use props
iKell Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535308 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe their October 11th event will be for the new handle.
2017-10-9
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Wow that would be awesome
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

iKell Aerial Posted at 2017-10-9 08:17
I believe their October 11th event will be for the new handle.

Well, I don't think so, please pay attention to the website for the release in time.
2017-10-10
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
  • >>>
United States

You were correct Mindy.  Still patiently waiting.
2017-10-15
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Any updates on a new OSMO Handle to support the X5S Camera as promised by DJI?  Its been over a year since I purchased my Inspire 2 (w/X5S).  I was hoping by now we would have seen this new handle.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-11-6 02:13
Any updates on a new OSMO Handle to support the X5S Camera as promised by DJI?  Its been over a year since I purchased my Inspire 2 (w/X5S).  I was hoping by now we would have seen this new handle.

Sorry Sir, not yet, any update, we will post it in our website and Forum, thank you for the patience.
2017-11-6
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-6 06:13
Sorry Sir, not yet, any update, we will post it in our website and Forum, thank you for the patience.

DJI Mindy, I appreciate your quick response to my inquiry.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-11-6 08:35
DJI Mindy, I appreciate your quick response to my inquiry.

You are welcome, sorry that I cannot give more specific info since we do not know either.
Thanks for the understanding.
2017-11-8
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I surely would be a nice holiday present from DJI if they finally come out with an OSMO Handle that will work with the X5S
2017-11-20
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
  • >>>
United States

As the end of the year approaches it does not look very good for DJI to release a OSMO Handle that will work with the X5S Camera.  This is quite disappointing being that they said this product was in development earlier in the year.  Since the beginning of the year, we have seen many new products but still nothing on an OSMO Handle for the X5S Camera.  
2017-12-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-12-7 01:51
As the end of the year approaches it does not look very good for DJI to release a OSMO Handle that will work with the X5S Camera.  This is quite disappointing being that they said this product was in development earlier in the year.  Since the beginning of the year, we have seen many new products but still nothing on an OSMO Handle for the X5S Camera.

I understand your frustration, but we still have no idea on this matter, sorry for the inconvenience caused, we really appreciate your support to DJI products.
2017-12-7
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
  • >>>
United States

For the last 9 months (maybe longer) we have been told by DJI that their was an OSMO Handle that was in development for the X5S Camera.  This was one of my decision factors in purchasing the Inspire 2.  I really wished DJI would release some type of statement that shows us that this new OSMO Handle is still in development or in it final testing stages.  Please DJI provide us with some something for those of us who have been more then patient.
2017-12-26
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Okay DJI ... today opens CES.   One of the largest Computer Electronic Shows in the world.  This would be a PERFECT time to introduce the new OSMO Handle that would support the X5S Camera don't you?
2018-1-9
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Lots of new products being announced from CES but absolutely no word on the DJI Promised new OSMO Handle for the X5S Camera.  It has been more then a year since DJI announced the Inspire 2 also promising us a OSMO Handle that would work with the X5S.  We have been told that this is in development but no other word has come from DJI on such a product.  Once again ... I'm losing faith.
2018-1-18
Use props
Aaron.e.shoemak
Flight distance : 17838 ft
United States

Very disappointed to see the release of the new Osmo Mobile 2 and Ronin S at CES 2018... To me, this is DJI saying that they don't care about their consumer base as much as they should. A lot of people invested heavily in the Inspire 2 with the assurance from DJI’s technical staff that support would soon be added for a ground friendly option (one of the reasons I invested, as well as the reason I returned my newly purchased Osmo 1). It is now over a year later and what do we see? Two new handheld gimbal systems, NEITHER of which actually support DJI’S in house camera. No support for your own product? Hmmm. I will continue to wait, as this x5s camera is truly a work of art, but come on! Everyone wants to love you, DJI, but you just make it so darn hard at times.
2018-1-19
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aaron.e.shoemak Posted at 2018-1-19 13:44
Very disappointed to see the release of the new Osmo Mobile 2 and Ronin S at CES 2018... To me, this is DJI saying that they don't care about their consumer base as much as they should. A lot of people invested heavily in the Inspire 2 with the assurance from DJI’s technical staff that support would soon be added for a ground friendly option (one of the reasons I invested, as well as the reason I returned my newly purchased Osmo 1). It is now over a year later and what do we see? Two new handheld gimbal systems, NEITHER of which actually support DJI’S in house camera. No support for your own product? Hmmm. I will continue to wait, as this x5s camera is truly a work of art, but come on! Everyone wants to love you, DJI, but you just make it so darn hard at times.

I agree with you Aaron ... it is very disappointing for sure.  Thank you for chiming in.  Hopefully someone from DJI will here our plea.
2018-1-20
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Yet another DJI Announcement yesterday from DJI but we still hear nothing about an OSMO Handle for the X5S Camera from DJI.  Is this something still in the works?
2018-1-24
Use props
fansafd3ff73
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Can someone from DJI give us some update please?
2018-2-17
Use props
munga808
New

United States

I gave up waiting for the omso x5s or x7 upgrade. seems like they dont give a damn about the users who want to use the camera for ground shooting. Sony a7s II + Gimbal here I come.
2018-2-17
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

munga808@hotmail.com Posted at 2018-2-17 22:02
I gave up waiting for the omso x5s or x7 upgrade. seems like they dont give a damn about the users who want to use the camera for ground shooting. Sony a7s II + Gimbal here I come.

@munga808 - I have to agree.  We were promised this upgrade.  We heard lots of things like it was in development.  I just don't think it is going to happened.  DJI really dropped the ball on this and I'm pretty dissapointed myself.  
I went with the Sony A7R III.  I would be interested to know if you are using a Gimbal System and what you are using?
2018-4-20
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

@DJI - do we have any updates on an OSM Handle that was promised us for the DJI X5S?
2019-1-29
Use props
DarKSpirit
lvl.3
Australia

I don't know if I'm allowed to post the image here so I won't. But there has been leaks and it looks like our years of waiting is finally about to pay off
2019-3-27
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DarKSpirit Posted at 3-27 19:23
I don't know if I'm allowed to post the image here so I won't. But there has been leaks and it looks like our years of waiting is finally about to pay off

Well that would be awesome ... any word as to when this maybe released?
2019-3-29
Use props
Kanga Blue
New
Flight distance : 44754 ft

Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-8 02:30
You are welcome, sorry that I cannot give more specific info since we do not know either.
Thanks for the understanding.

Ni Hao Mindy could you please follow up on Osmo handle for X5S and also hopefully X7? Also Inspire 1 support for X5S will never be possible? I guess that would need to be a firmware update and you are done with those on the inspire 1 so the best camera that drone can support is an X5 plain?
2019-6-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kanga Blue Posted at 6-30 05:21
Ni Hao Mindy could you please follow up on Osmo handle for X5S and also hopefully X7? Also Inspire 1 support for X5S will never be possible? I guess that would need to be a firmware update and you are done with those on the inspire 1 so the best camera that drone can support is an X5 plain?

Hi Kanga Blue, I have just replied you post in another thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-134127-1-1.html Please keep us updated there if you have further concern, thank you.
2019-7-1
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cycling back to DJI on this one.  Are we ever going to see an OSMO that is compatible with the DJI X5S Camera as promised?
2019-10-28
Use props
DJI User2507
lvl.1
Netherlands

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 2019-10-28 04:55
Cycling back to DJI on this one.  Are we ever going to see an OSMO that is compatible with the DJI X5S Camera as promised?

I don't think so, they will be focussing on their Osmo mobile and Osmo pocket line. I think they let the professional Osmo's behind.
2021-5-9
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Captain
  • >>>
United States

This is quite disappointing.  When I purchased it they definitely advertised that it was going to work with the OSMO or some new OSMO.  That was one of the motivations in purchasing this camera.  Thank you for the feedback.
2021-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules