1580 21 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi thinking of purchasing an I2, would like to know pros/cons, from those who are flying and using for photography and other uses.

I have a p4pro and a Mavic, quality on p4p is excellent and all round AC is great, I use Mavic when travelling or just for fun flying. I have recently been asked more and more to take on various jobs , mostly video and photography, although some inspection as well,  I'm not full time working at this or anything like it. I would just like to get opinions on the benefits of flying I2 redundancy etc, and the improvements I might get from using X5S or if you have other recommendations and what you might recommend as must need extras.

Would be grateful for any info, Thank you..
2017-3-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Friendly bunch around here.
2017-3-4
Use props
skyeyeguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Perhaps everyone is out flying ... at night?

Additional lenses need balancing, and more lenses (I use the 45mm and 14042mm) are essential. Also some people are using an adaptor 3D printed) available on EBay to hold and use the larger Apple iPad Pro 12.9" iPads. I bought mine but have not yet hooked it up. However, the extra real estate MUST make viewing a breeze?! Need to find a sun hood for the iPadPro however.
2017-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

skyeyeguy Posted at 2017-3-5 02:12
Perhaps everyone is out flying ... at night?

Additional lenses need balancing, and more lenses (I use the 45mm and 14042mm) are essential. Also some people are using an adaptor 3D printed) available on EBay to hold and use the larger Apple iPad Pro 12.9" iPads. I bought mine but have not yet hooked it up. However, the extra real estate MUST make viewing a breeze?! Need to find a sun hood for the iPadPro however.

Hey skyeyeguy, thanks for that I'm using iPad Pro 9.7 I find it great, hardly ever need hood, appreciate the advice.
2017-3-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I would get the Inspire 1 for now .  The Inspire 2 is a huge leap in price and I dont think you would get that much benefit out of it  unless seriously into the photography aspect of it .  

Just me 2 cents  

good Luck

donnie
2017-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-5 06:16
I would get the Inspire 1 for now .  The Inspire 2 is a huge leap in price and I dont think you would get that much benefit out of it  unless seriously into the photography aspect of it .  

Just me 2 cents  

Thanks Donnie,I kinda like the extra redundancy available and extra flying time, looking at it the camera equipment and add ons needed to have proper set up is quite expensive. I'll keep researching and see if I can retrieve the extra cost with some work.

I appreciate you taking time out to give you opinion, thank you
2017-3-5
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

A bit of an aside, but does anyone know how long it was between the Inspire 1 Version 1 and the Inspire 1 Version 2 manufacturing timeline?

I'm considering the I2 but given the issues reported on the forums with hardware update matters, stuck landing gear, GO 4 crashes, in-flight drops, ill-fitting props, gimbal chatter/noise, etc. I'm sort of hesitant on pulling the wallet out and may wait until the I2 V2 model.

2017-3-5
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-3-5 09:11
A bit of an aside, but does anyone know how long it was between the Inspire 1 Version 1 and the Inspire 1 Version 2 manufacturing timeline?

I'm considering the I2 but given the issues reported on the forums with hardware update matters, stuck landing gear, GO 4 crashes, in-flight drops, ill-fitting props, gimbal chatter/noise, etc. I'm sort of hesitant on pulling the wallet out and may wait until the I2 V2 model.

I am like you ,I have the cash and so want the I2 but after reading all the problems I have not ordered .I sent back my p4p for all the same problems that the I2 is having .I still fly the I1  and P4 love them both .
2017-3-8
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Got the Cash...do the splash!
Feeling the pinch....do the grinch!

dude seriously all problems aside it's an awesome machine and you will here 20 times more problems than good.... because if it is flying good people are lest likely to be on here talking about it!

Or you could do the same as Donnie!!! comment on every post everyday (an be a legend) get enough points over 15 years and get a free inspire (sorry Donnie could not resist)

Karl
2017-3-8
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-5 06:16

Just me 2 cents  

Donnie ..see post #9
2017-3-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-8 09:43
Got the Cash...do the splash!
Feeling the pinch....do the grinch!

Thanks Coigreach, what kind of set up do you think I might need as a minimum.
2017-3-8
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I like you Karl, you are  good for at least on good chortle ( hearty belly laugh )  a day, If I  ever get down under I am going to look you up for sure !

donnie  ( A  legend in his own "mind".....I mean "time")
2017-3-8
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-8 11:53
Thanks Coigreach, what kind of set up do you think I might need as a minimum.

Well I2 without saying! seen as you already have p4ppro the next step up would be the X5S for sure. and enough batteries to last an hour so 6 batteries total 19 to 21 mins depending on flying style.

I wouldn't bother with second remote, SSD drive, ssd drive reader, prores, cndglicence keys. As you can add this at a later date if you feel the need

If your are only doing this part time then you will never see a return on your investment, so you would need to look at it as a toy that other people help you to pay for parts of it. If you are selling your work you will need an unmaned pilot license and public liability so you would need to factor in these costs (is this going to be worth it is your part time?)

At the end of the day you have to decide is it worth it for what you want and need?

Hope this helps
Karl
2017-3-8
Use props
JonCahillPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15256 ft
United States

You mentioned some inspection work. Is there a possibility of thermal inspection in the near future or to factor in? That may limit the rig some if the answer is yes.
2017-3-8
Use props
JBInspire
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1863438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Inspire 2 is a big leap in cost over the Inspire 1, P4P etc and with the X5S can be a big leap in quality if using the right lenses (olympus 17, 25mm etc). There is a bit of a learning curve in particular around balancing the lenses, although once you have the right balancing rights and filters it is easy enough. I ended up 3D printing balancing rings to use with filters as often the DJI balancing rings were either too heavy or too heavy when used with a filter. And ND filters you will want to use as you will want to get your shutter speed to 2x your FPS for video.

As for redundancy, it is better to have some than none (battery, IMU etc) but of course you have no motor/prop redundancy so that is still an area that could cause your expensive investment to come tumbling to the ground.

There is increased set up time for the Inspire 2 over Phantoms/Mavics, but once airborne it an absolute pleasure to fly. I wouldn't go expecting much additional flight time either, as mentioned above, with the X5S you will likely get around 20 minutes. But what a 20 minutes :-)

Only you can justify the cost of investment vs what you are likely to get back (via work, or simply your own enjoyment from it).
2017-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-8 21:21
Well I2 without saying! seen as you already have p4ppro the next step up would be the X5S for sure. and enough batteries to last an hour so 6 batteries total 19 to 21 mins depending on flying style.

I wouldn't bother with second remote, SSD drive, ssd drive reader, prores, cndglicence keys. As you can add this at a later date if you feel the need

Helps a lot, I have a pilots license and insurance, didn't want to buy a whole lot of stuff  I didn't know enough about, so thank you..
2017-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JonCahillPhoto Posted at 2017-3-8 21:56
You mentioned some inspection work. Is there a possibility of thermal inspection in the near future or to factor in? That may limit the rig some if the answer is yes.

Hi joncahill inspection is for wind turbines,
2017-3-9
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

adding my 10 yuan worth.(im chinese).

Thermal will never get on the I2. DJI see this as a cinema / photography only.

Worth waiting until the M200 is out in the middle of the year. The camera on the I2 is the same on the M200 , it will have the same redundancy as the I2. BUT you can fit 2 camera at the same time and it gives similar flight time with the bigger batts. And even an upward facing camera.

This is a recent announcement and i cancelled my additional I2 orders based on this new drone.  
2017-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-3-9 02:37
adding my 10 yuan worth.(im chinese).

Thermal will never get on the I2. DJI see this as a cinema / photography only.

Thanks Dr Jon , have been looking closely at M200, may wait and see what price, I imagine it's going to be expensive.
2017-3-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JBInspire Posted at 2017-3-9 02:03
The Inspire 2 is a big leap in cost over the Inspire 1, P4P etc and with the X5S can be a big leap in quality if using the right lenses (olympus 17, 25mm etc). There is a bit of a learning curve in particular around balancing the lenses, although once you have the right balancing rights and filters it is easy enough. I ended up 3D printing balancing rings to use with filters as often the DJI balancing rings were either too heavy or too heavy when used with a filter. And ND filters you will want to use as you will want to get your shutter speed to 2x your FPS for video.

As for redundancy, it is better to have some than none (battery, IMU etc) but of course you have no motor/prop redundancy so that is still an area that could cause your expensive investment to come tumbling to the ground.

Thanks JBinspire, the whole learning curve doesn't faise me, I enjoy that sort of thing, a lot of what I do is for pure enjoyment, thanks for your help..
2017-3-9
Use props
JonCahillPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15256 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-3-9 02:09
Hi joncahill inspection is for wind turbines,

Seems a M200, or similar, with a Z30 could be right up your alley!

Depending on price that is....
2017-3-9
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got my inspire 2 today, I really wanted to take it to the beach for a spin but instead I'm watching YouTube videos and browsing the forum
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules