Phantom 2 Skinning
1412 6 2015-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

Does anybody have a PhotoShop template for Phantom 2 skinning?  I've searched but can't find any.  Only people selling printed ones.  So if you have one, please let me know.

Thanks!
2015-2-23
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Hi Friffy, nice to see you again. Here is another thread about skinning. The user Moto70 (design/graphics business in the UK) said in another post he's create a template, perhaps he can help you.

I have finnaly decides to mod my shell too. I'm not a decal fan, nor do I like spray paint, so I've decided to go for the water transfer printing method. I've just ordered a new body shell and the chemicals and the carbon foil to do mine. Yes, it does take time (transfering the inside) and it does cost more than a sticker, but since we've spend plenty of bucks on the equiptment itself, this investment is small and the result is brilliant. Have a look at this method You could also have a customized foil made for you from a photo for example or buy one of hundreds already available.
2015-2-23
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

How many of you airplane guys have considered Monokote?
2015-2-23
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

markus2015 Posted at 2015-2-24 01:39
Hi Friffy, nice to see you again. Here is another thread about skinning. The user Moto70 (design/gra ...

Very interesting method.

Thanks!
2015-2-23
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

markus that looks hard to do, are you sending it to get that done or doing it yourself?
2015-2-23
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-2-24 02:57
markus that looks hard to do, are you sending it to get that done or doing it yourself?

I am doing it myself. The hardest thing about it is to empty the shell and putting it all together again. The actual printing is simple. I've watched tons of DIY vids.

1. Clean the shell (to remove grease, fat, dirt etc.)
2. apply a base coat with a spray can
3. carefully insert the foil on top of the water
4. spray the activator liquid onto the foil and wait 90 seconds for reaction (the foil desolves)
5. dunk the plastik, metal, wood etc object in an angle slowly into the water tub
6. rinse off with water and dry
7. spray with a clear varnish
DONE

I'm also doing my RC and landing skid.
PS, I still have not managed to get that Battery cover off, but I'm still trying
2015-2-23
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

markus2015 Posted at 2015-2-24 03:10
I am doing it myself. The hardest thing about it is to empty the shell and putting it all together ...

PLEASE be sure to post pics when you're done!
And good luck with it!!!

I'm sure we'd all be interested, maybe pictorial or video your progress as you go.
2015-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules