Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 Feedback after 2 weeks of work
813 3 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Trilogy
lvl.1
Canada

After 2 weeks of shooting a documentary with the Inspire 2 in Canada, I wanted to give my feedback on the drone.  It's definitely the best drone we have ever used for our production and the IQ out of the I2 is amazing.

The features I love are the stability, the dual systems and batteries, a wide variety of recording formats, the upgraded flight speed, self heating batteries and especially tripod mode.  It is a massive upgrade over the Inspire 1 series.

I think the drone is 90% there but there are a couple things that could be improved...

- The red props fit great, snap on with one hand.  But the white ones feel like I'm crushing the motors to get it on(Spoke with DJI and they are sending me replacements, I'm hoping it fixes the problem)
- The FPV is a nice addition, but the camera quality is awful, like early camera phone quality.  It is useful sometimes, but way too contrasty of an image and no way to blow it up full screen on the tablet(possible app update to correct this?)
- The DJI GO4 app.  Crashes at least once per flight session and either freezes or needs to be restarted.  We use an ipad air 2 and a google nexus 7 tablet.  On set this made us look unprofessional as well.  The crew understands that sometimes problems happen, but when you tell them 3 times in 1 day that the app or drone or both needs to be restarted during a busy moment, they wonder if the gear is faulty.  I understand that the Inspire 2 just came out, but if the app is a bit more reliable that would help out our team a lot.
- Warnings that block the image on screen.  I love the idea that warnings about the obstacle avoidance, high winds and enhanced warning zones are there, but not when they fill the camera image on screen.  Can a title bar or some designaed area of the screen be used instead?

That's it.  DJI you have made an amazing UAV with the Inspire 2 and thank you for listening to the community.

2017-3-4
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for your feedback, I've relayed the issues you brought up to our engineers.
2017-3-4
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

About the issue with the "white ones feel like I'm crushing the motors to get it on" if you look for the thread here about "white props you will see a very simple fix that will cure your problem" its a simple tolerance issue and you need to remove a very small amount off the prop mounting. DONT remove too much.. as over time the mounts will become much easier
Thread is http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... id%3D385&page=1

OR simply get in touch with your supplier and get the white ones exchanged its a known issue caused by poor tollerance in manufacture.
2017-3-4
Use props
Drone Trilogy
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-4 20:35
Thank you for your feedback, I've relayed the issues you brought up to our engineers.

Thank you for listening
2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules