How old are Inspire 1 or 2 Pilots "Vote"
5409 85 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

37 here ... I'm not much for consumer-grade products, so we opted for the Inspire 2.  Generally, if we were to get the P4P or similar, it would be outgrown before we really learned everything about it.

Professionally, our organization manages datacenters and corporate networks.  And with that, we do a lot of digital security camera installations and other random network installs.  So the Inspire 2 makes that a lot easier to survey cable routes and camera locations.  Now ...

For a hobby, we're all into cinematography and photography ... And this is providing a brand new world for that.  We're head over heels for the technology right now.
2017-7-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-7-26 15:23
37 here ... I'm not much for consumer-grade products, so we opted for the Inspire 2.  Generally, if we were to get the P4P or similar, it would be outgrown before we really learned everything about it.

Professionally, our organization manages datacenters and corporate networks.  And with that, we do a lot of digital security camera installations and other random network installs.  So the Inspire 2 makes that a lot easier to survey cable routes and camera locations.  Now ...

Welcome and thanks for sharing your story.

Pretty  darn fun right!

All the best
Rich
2017-7-26
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-7-26 16:05
Welcome and thanks for sharing your story.

Pretty  darn fun right!

Heck yea, Rich.

To be honest, I've always been a free spirit. But ... Compared to this? NO WAY!

We actually had "100% all systems go" for only about a week until a very interesting gust of wind told us we couldn't enjoy our new world anymore. Just got the entire kit-and-kaboodle back today, and have no control over yaw.

So, yes, BEYOND cool! But it's been a full 6 weeks since we had a fully-functioning Inspire 2 and gimbal camera. I am *dying* to get back in the air proper!

This entire experience (not with the broken Inspire 2, but with the working one) has been an unbelievable eye-opener. The technology on top of the experience, and then on top of the technology again ... It's just jaw-dropping.

And I really did think those RC helicopters or airplanes back in the day had everything ... HA!
2017-7-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-7-26 18:28
Heck yea, Rich.

To be honest, I've always been a free spirit. But ... Compared to this? NO WAY!

Sorry about your crash, ouch   ...  But you are right lot's of technology packed into these babies. I was out today speed testing my I2 and hit 61mph before running out of room. Listening to the roar going by at 61 was incredible.

I still find time for helicopters and airplanes but they are old news now ..

Have fun and be careful
Rich
2017-7-26
Use props
DTSCEO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 889843 ft
United States

42 years young... I wish, been into R/C all my life but mostly cars, nitro era was my last adventure until about the time 3DR's Solo came out.  I have had around 100 quads/drones easy in 2 years.  I custom build freestyle 5inch los & fpv quads, then fly and crash and repair then build again.  So I have more experience at the workbench then on the sticks, but I have learned a lot.  I am an engineer of 34 years now as well as a liscensed amatuer radio technician class.  So I have done a lot of my own mods and experiments in regards to distance, I have been designing p2p wifi links as well as many other wifi systems design so naturally I am going to apply that to this hobby.  I have always enjoyed aerial imagery, and have learned quite a lot about photograaphy and post prod video, although I really just want to find a platform to fly in the NC mountians.  So far I have been cursed with 7 3dr flaky go pro destroyers, then Autel flyaways (3 of them), and I was saying how great my Inspire has been till a few days ago.  So I am here, hopefully to find a fix, I usually have no problems reading a little and some tinkering on my own till I get a fix.  But here I am. I understand and have training in aviation electronics & military ground based radar systems.  But I don't understand DJI logic and the lack of technical documentation that I am used to having access too.  
Chad

Savannah, Ga
2017-10-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DTSCEO Posted at 2017-10-6 20:42
42 years young... I wish, been into R/C all my life but mostly cars, nitro era was my last adventure until about the time 3DR's Solo came out.  I have had around 100 quads/drones easy in 2 years.  I custom build freestyle 5inch los & fpv quads, then fly and crash and repair then build again.  So I have more experience at the workbench then on the sticks, but I have learned a lot.  I am an engineer of 34 years now as well as a liscensed amatuer radio technician class.  So I have done a lot of my own mods and experiments in regards to distance, I have been designing p2p wifi links as well as many other wifi systems design so naturally I am going to apply that to this hobby.  I have always enjoyed aerial imagery, and have learned quite a lot about photograaphy and post prod video, although I really just want to find a platform to fly in the NC mountians.  So far I have been cursed with 7 3dr flaky go pro destroyers, then Autel flyaways (3 of them), and I was saying how great my Inspire has been till a few days ago.  So I am here, hopefully to find a fix, I usually have no problems reading a little and some tinkering on my own till I get a fix.  But here I am. I understand and have training in aviation electronics & military ground based radar systems.  But I don't understand DJI logic and the lack of technical documentation that I am used to having access too.  
Chad

Welcome Chad,

Thank you for sharing. DJI keeps this information close to the vest and most likely all of it is considered proprietary. Lots of companies out there that would like to copy DJI's technology  and make money from their success.  this is unfortunate for us  that would like more information on our aircraft!

Love the Inspire series of aircraft and hope you can figure out the issues you are having.  I fly in the mountains of Oregon and understand some of the difficultly you can encounter flying under the canopy of trees. I keep line of sight of my Inspire at all times and climb up over trees to keep this connection.

Rich

2017-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules