Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Vision Positioning System Calibration
1497 4 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikeMcK
lvl.1
Canada

Got my new Mavic two days ago after a long wait.  Charged it up and got familiar with the operation.  Not long after I started with it (inside but not off the ground) I got an error message that the Vision Position sytem needed calibration.  Loade Assistant 2 and paired up with the Mavic and tried to calibrate.  I got the screen showing the three do's and dont's but then got an error message asking to reboot the aircraft.  Rebooted (turned off and on again) many times and did many other things suggested in various threads including refreshing the firmaware, moving to the older firmware, tried on another pc, etc. but cannot get beyond the reboot message.  I believe there is another way to calibrate through DJI Go but can't seem to get that to work either.  However, I tried to do this inside in a fairly small room and am unsure if that might be an issue.  DJI have agreed to take back for repair/replacement but before it makes the long treck back to China and back, I wonder if anyone has some suggestions?

2017-3-4
Use props
fansb403bd46
lvl.1
Flight distance : 681135 ft
  • >>>
Israel

i would not take any risks and send it to DJI
2017-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

You don't need to send it back to China. We have a repair center located in US.
Did you get in touch with our tech support at support.us@dji.com?
2017-3-6
Use props
Air Hounder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126558 ft
Canada

I received the same message and tried to calibrate using Assistant2 and had the same issue.  Have tested flying the Mavic and everything seems to be working fine. Downloaded the new firmware 1.03.07 today and upgrade went smooth. Still have the "abnormal" warning for VPS though.
2017-5-10
Use props
Air Hounder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126558 ft
Canada

While waiting for 98 minutes on hold with tech support, I decided to uninstall the DJI Assistant 2 app on my Windows laptop and then re-installed it and lo and behold I was able to calibrate the VPS system and the app worked as it should. Hope you have the same success.  
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules