P4 controller won't fully charge
803 5 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

my controller will only charge to 75%, the charging lights go out as if it's fully charged but it's not. if I plug it back in it will start charging again but still not fully charge.
can't leave it on to flatten the battery because it turns off, any thoughts.
2017-3-4
Use props
Quamera
lvl.2
Australia

How old is the controller. I don't know how long warranty claims take from here but I doubt if it would be quick unless you have a tame retailer to do a swap.

It could easily be a failed cell and unfortunately I don't think DJI will sell you a new battery for a DIY fit. Try a flight with a decent clear space around the home point so if the controller battery dies suddenly the AC can RTH safely (check your RTH settings first).

If the battery drops from 75% to 50% or below during the flight you definitely have a battery problem, if it holds above 50% its probably more a charge controller problem and you can still fly with confidence because a good 75% battery can still do several flights safely.

2017-3-4
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Use it like normal, time after time without charging it at all. Let it get down as low as you dare, then try charging it.
2017-3-4
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

Quamera Posted at 2017-3-4 15:24
How old is the controller. I don't know how long warranty claims take from here but I doubt if it would be quick unless you have a tame retailer to do a swap.

It could easily be a failed cell and unfortunately I don't think DJI will sell you a new battery for a DIY fit. Try a flight with a decent clear space around the home point so if the controller battery dies suddenly the AC can RTH safely (check your RTH settings first).

It's about 6 months old, I noticed it dropped down quick as well. I will have to force myself to fly my drone a lot{:4_157:} to test it.
2017-3-4
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Australia

WilliamM Posted at 2017-3-4 15:26
Use it like normal, time after time without charging it at all. Let it get down as low as you dare, then try charging it.

I will do hat
2017-3-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We replied you in your another thread, very sorry to hear about the problem.
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules