Long wait for Mavic Pro
12Next >
8683 56 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nwyeti
lvl.2
United States

A few weeks ago I purchased the Mavic Pro for $999 from dynnexdrones.com using FuturePay financing. At purchase a paid $200 down, then $100 a few days ago. Has anyone here bought any drones from this company and is there typically a long wait time for the Mavic? Can't find any reviews for dynnexdrones anywhere when googling. Thanks!

2017-3-4
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

nwyeti,

For any purchase over X  €,¥,£,$,etc., where X is a certain value that depends on your own wallet, you must devote some time to research before you buy the item and spend more than that certain X value...

Research the product and determine if you really need or just want the product, but more important, research the best place to buy the item. If the DJI Mavic Pro is your drone of choice, it's a good choice! But if it costs more than X, then visit the DJI website and you'll notice that DJI has a retail web store where you can buy the drone (with warranty, and DJI Care Refresh is $99), but they also have authorized Retailers, both store-front and online. The importance of the authorized retailer is that DJI extends the product warranty to authorized retailers.

If you haven't found the WHERE TO BUY pages on the DJI website, then click here to see/search for RETAIL STORES or ONLINE RETAILERS.

Looking at the DynneDrones Website....., notice that all the photos appear to have been lifted directly from the DJI website. They mention nothing about any vendor relationships and instead of offering DJI Care or DJI Care Refresh, they push their own, expensive Warranty programs (which you will need if they are not an authorized retailer).

If you look at the very bottom of any page, you'll notice "DYNNEX DRONES is owned by MCH Innovations Inc. © 2017 MCH Innovations Inc. All Rights Reserved", a marketing company in Willimgton, DE, formed on June 28, 2016 at the same address as Dynnex Drones.....
Dynnex Drones also pushes FuturePay, for those customers who WANT a drone, but do not have the NEED nor MEANS to buy a drone that costs more than X €,¥,£,$,etc.,
FuturePay is based in Salt Lake City, UT and has been in business for 3 yrs. They seem legitimate, but if you examine their BBS rating, you'll see 1 recent negative review and 13 negative complaints, half in the past year. So they will likey be difficult to deal with if you have or create any issues....

While nothing above indicates that you will not receive your drone, I simply would not do business with any of these players, no matter how nice their websites look...... If they are not a DJI authorized retailer, then it's hard to say how or where they are getting their supply of products.

Good luck with your purchase. I hope it works out for you! The Mavic Pro is an excellent product!
2017-3-6
Use props
nwyeti
lvl.2
United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-6 12:49
nwyeti,

For any purchase over X  €,¥,£,$,etc., where X is a certain value that depends on your own wallet, you must devote some time to research before you buy the item and spend more than that certain X value...

Thank you so much for the much valuable info. Now that I have $300 already paid to FuturePay, I'll see if it is much of a challenge to get a refund. Thanks again.
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

nwyeti,

Thanks for jumping in with the greatly detailed explanation, we really appreciate it.
2017-3-10
Use props
Jhusk
lvl.1
United States

nwyeti,

I pre-ordered the Mavic on February 1st and I'm still waiting for mine. I used the same purchase method as you, only I put the whole purchase on FuturePay. I did this so If there was any issues with Dynnex Drones I wouldn't be out any (well, much) money.  I plan to pay in full as soon as I receive the Mavic. DD's customer service has been responsive to my emails, but I've never received an accurate shipping estimate, just "it will ship in several weeks". My last email was a bit more promising because I was told it would possibly ship this week if not next week at the latest. I'll update this thread if I ever receive it. I've tried to call several times, I get no one, so I leave a message. They always reply back via email, never in person. I've also tried to live chat with them, and I get no response back on the chat. But guess what? They email me responses to my questions that I tried to get answers for through the chat option a day later every time. I have contacted FuturePay about these issues and stand by their word that Dynnex Drones is a legit company.  I was told that If I don't receive my purchase within the next couple of weeks I should call back and they will open an investigation on DD. I also found out that DD just opened (online) in October of 2016. It's really hard to believe that a company this new with no customer reviews has this long of a wait for a product that has resumed normal order fulfillment times as of February. Lets just hope I'm not the 1st to review them, because it's not looking so good as of now.   
2017-3-14
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142615 ft
Singapore

Sound like a scam to me....
2017-3-14
Use props
Jhusk
lvl.1
United States

Jhusk Posted at 2017-3-14 19:51
nwyeti,

I pre-ordered the Mavic on February 1st and I'm still waiting for mine. I used the same purchase method as you, only I put the whole purchase on FuturePay. I did this so If there was any issues with Dynnex Drones I wouldn't be out any (well, much) money.  I plan to pay in full as soon as I receive the Mavic. DD's customer service has been responsive to my emails, but I've never received an accurate shipping estimate, just "it will ship in several weeks". My last email was a bit more promising because I was told it would possibly ship this week if not next week at the latest. I'll update this thread if I ever receive it. I've tried to call several times, I get no one, so I leave a message. They always reply back via email, never in person. I've also tried to live chat with them, and I get no response back on the chat. But guess what? They email me responses to my questions that I tried to get answers for through the chat option a day later every time. I have contacted FuturePay about these issues and stand by their word that Dynnex Drones is a legit company.  I was told that If I don't receive my purchase within the next couple of weeks I should call back and they will open an investigation on DD. I also found out that DD just opened (online) in October of 2016. It's really hard to believe that a company this new with no customer reviews has this long of a wait for a product that has resumed normal order fulfillment times as of February. Lets just hope I'm not the 1st to review them, because it's not looking so good as of now.

Update: I just received tracking info for my Mavic today. Shipping from Florida, due to arrive 3-22-17.  I'll update this post again once it arrives.
2017-3-15
Use props
RearViewMirror
lvl.3
United States

Certainly doesn't alleviate your problem but they had 3 at my local Best Buy right on the shelf.
2017-3-15
Use props
fansd726e7af
lvl.1

United States

Jhusk Posted at 2017-3-15 20:03
Update: I just received tracking info for my Mavic today. Shipping from Florida, due to arrive 3-22-17.  I'll update this post again once it arrives.

Any update on delivery.  You said it was supposed to ship yesterday and I can't help put check this thread every 20 minutes in anticipation
2017-3-22
Use props
fansd726e7af
lvl.1

United States

Any updates on your order?
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI Dude
lvl.1
United States

Hi yall , not really a southerner , just attempt to hide my inner Minnesotian dunt cha know.
Any who, found myself here while doing some troll work on Dynnex drones and the future pay.( because i did the deal)
I made a purchase, well not really, no money out of pocket yet.
Ya, U-betcha, Got fully approved with no money down on a Phantom4.
Here to say.
Things went smooth and received P4 today, order was placed on 3/19/17.
2017-3-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Dude Posted at 2017-3-23 08:45
Hi yall , not really a southerner , just attempt to hide my inner Minnesotian dunt cha know.
Any who, found myself here while doing some troll work on Dynnex drones and the future pay.( because i did the deal)

That's great, study the manual and congratulations on your  DJI P4 ownership.
It's an amazing aircraft.
2017-3-23
Use props
fansd726e7af
lvl.1

United States

DJI Dude Posted at 2017-3-23 08:45

Amazing to hear.  Congratulations on your purchase.  You put my mind more at ease as I purchased a mavic pro and have a 2-4 week hold.  
2017-3-23
Use props
Jhusk
lvl.1
United States

fansd726e7af Posted at 2017-3-22 10:30
Any updates on your order?

Delivered yesterday in perfect shape. Took it out for a couple of flights before the rain rolled in. Everything checks out!  
2017-3-23
Use props
fansd726e7af
lvl.1

United States

Congratulations.  How does she fly?
2017-3-24
Use props
Jhusk
lvl.1
United States

fansd726e7af Posted at 2017-3-24 05:21
Congratulations.  How does she fly?

The Mavic is amazing. Unfortunately I live 4 miles from an airport so my flights have been limited to my yard and under 20' altitude. Side note: I did have a chance to record some video during my few flights and I get really glitchy/frozen recordings.  It's never consistent sometimes happens when I move the drone and sometimes when it's hovering. I haven't had much flight time to adjust any settings that might help this issue, and all that I find online is people with picture flutter issues when they are flying. Let me know if you come across any issues with video recording as well. Anyone else reading these posts please chime in with setting suggestions or similar issues solutions, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!  
2017-3-24
Use props
fansd726e7af
lvl.1

United States

Jhusk Posted at 2017-3-24 16:14
The Mavic is amazing. Unfortunately I live 4 miles from an airport so my flights have been limited to my yard and under 20' altitude. Side note: I did have a chance to record some video during my few flights and I get really glitchy/frozen recordings.  It's never consistent sometimes happens when I move the drone and sometimes when it's hovering. I haven't had much flight time to adjust any settings that might help this issue, and all that I find online is people with picture flutter issues when they are flying. Let me know if you come across any issues with video recording as well. Anyone else reading these posts please chime in with setting suggestions or similar issues solutions, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Did you calibrate the gimbal before flying? Also did you remove the plastic gimbal support....Not the clear cover, but the plastic support behind the gimbal itself.  
2017-3-27
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142615 ft
Singapore

Congrats on your new Mavic
2017-3-27
Use props
Jhusk
lvl.1
United States

fansd726e7af Posted at 2017-3-27 03:34
Did you calibrate the gimbal before flying? Also did you remove the plastic gimbal support....Not the clear cover, but the plastic support behind the gimbal itself.

Yeah I removed the gimbal cover and support, and did a full calibration of the gimbal before my 1st flight. I found it to be really strange that I was receiving a perfect video signal to my phone while flying but the recordings were glitchy, so I dumped the videos on to my computer re-formatted the sd card and took it out for another flight and still had issues. I'm at a loss here. I just might send it into DJI to have them give it a look but I fear it will be another month or so before I have it back in my hands. Have you received your's yet?  
2017-3-27
Use props
fansd726e7af
lvl.1

United States

Not yet.  I ordered mine on the 18th
2017-3-28
Use props
Jhusk
lvl.1
United States

Jhusk Posted at 2017-3-27 21:01
Yeah I removed the gimbal cover and support, and did a full calibration of the gimbal before my 1st flight. I found it to be really strange that I was receiving a perfect video signal to my phone while flying but the recordings were glitchy, so I dumped the videos on to my computer re-formatted the sd card and took it out for another flight and still had issues. I'm at a loss here. I just might send it into DJI to have them give it a look but I fear it will be another month or so before I have it back in my hands. Have you received your's yet?

Update: I received my Galaxy Tab S2 today, installed software updates, downloaded the DJI app, and took the Mavic out for a quick fly. Amazingly enough, everything works perfectly. There's no issue with video anymore. Strange issue, but I'm happy knowing I don't have to send it back for repair.  
2017-3-28
Use props
fanse2f02c5d
lvl.1
United States

fansd726e7af Posted at 2017-3-28 11:20
Not yet.  I ordered mine on the 18th

I ordered a mavic pro on march 11 and was wondering how much longer it might be for the shipment to be sent. Is this place legit?
2017-4-4
Use props
fanse2f02c5d
lvl.1
United States

Is this place legit? I ordered my mavic on march 11 and still no word on it.
2017-4-4
Use props
Jhusk
lvl.1
British Virgin Islands

fanse2f02c5d Posted at 2017-4-4 09:19

Dynnex Drones is legit. I'm not sure how they are receiving their drones and/or why the wait is so long, but it took mine over a month and a half to arrive at my doorstep. Upon receiving my Mavic I opened and thoroughly inspected everything to be sure I wasn't receiving a refurbished one at full price. All is good, everything checks out. Patience is key with this company, and don't be shy to demand shipping estimates from them. It's clearly indicated on their website that they order direct from the manufacturer and once and order is placed they should have an accurate shipping time-frame. Best of luck, the wait is worth it!      
2017-4-5
Use props
fans79c676dd
lvl.1

United States

How much is your future pay payment?
2017-4-5
Use props
Jhusk
lvl.1
United States

fans79c676dd Posted at 2017-4-5 17:04
How much is your future pay payment?

The minimum is $25 per month, but I payed the full balance after I received the Mavic.
2017-4-6
Use props
fanse2f02c5d
lvl.1
United States

Do you have a picture or something of like a proof of purchase from dynnex drones?
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI Dude
lvl.1
United States

fanse2f02c5d Posted at 2017-4-4 09:19

they are legit, i got a p4 through dynnex, have poor phone support. could have been an off day?
online support was helpful, although had a 5-10mn wait for help online
2017-4-10
Use props
Jhusk
lvl.1
United States

fanse2f02c5d Posted at 2017-4-10 10:15
Do you have a picture or something of like a proof of purchase from dynnex drones?

This is my order confirmation. Hope this helps.

Order Confirmation

Order Confirmation
2017-4-10
Use props
fans79c676dd
lvl.1

United States

I ordered mine on March 20th. I'm starting to get impatient especially after they told me it was gonna ship and never did. I'm gonna give them one more week before I cancel my order.
2017-4-11
Use props
Jhusk
lvl.1
United States

fans79c676dd Posted at 2017-4-11 11:57
I ordered mine on March 20th. I'm starting to get impatient especially after they told me it was gonna ship and never did. I'm gonna give them one more week before I cancel my order.

You might run into some issues with the cancellation. I believe they say no returns or refunds on pre-order items. If you're interested in the FuturePay options there are a few other drone sellers online that are DJI authorized sellers. I don't believe DD is.  Just search the term drone on FuturePay's directory of retailers and shop around for the quickest shipment time-frame. You could always buy another one and sell the one you finally receive from DD. Again, I too had an extremely long wait for mine, and I was fed up with the lack of shipment updates I was receiving from DD. Just keep on them about your order. I've also noticed that that the Mavic is currently out-of-stock on their site. They might be pulling the drone from their "inventory" for a while due to their own order fulfillment times. Best of luck, let me know if you have any other questions.
2017-4-11
Use props
fanse2f02c5d
lvl.1
United States

I just got an email stating that dynnex drone has tracking on the mavic pros and said they should have them by the end of next week. Hope to see it soon!
2017-4-16
Use props
fansd726e7af
lvl.1

United States

Purchased mine on the 18th of March and have not gotten a single email from them other than my receipt the day I bought it.  The 2 to 4 week ship time is clearly incorrect.  They need to work on their communication.  
2017-4-18
Use props
fanse2f02c5d
lvl.1
United States

That's what they told me but who really knows when it's going to come. I'm already paying my futurepay payments and don't even have the drone yet. This is getting a little old now.
2017-4-18
Use props
fanse2f02c5d
lvl.1
United States

I just want my mavic pro.
2017-4-18
Use props
Dmitry495
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791194 ft
Russia

nwyeti,

Daroga,

"...expensive Warranty programs (which you will need if they are not an authorized retailer)"

Do you mean that buying from anyone other than Authorized DJI retailer will void 1-year warranty? I thought DJI has worldwide warranty covering all its products.
2017-4-18
Use props
fanse2f02c5d
lvl.1
United States

Dmitry495 Posted at 2017-4-18 07:11
Daroga,

"...expensive Warranty programs (which you will need if they are not an authorized retailer)"

I spoke to a representative from DJI and they said it's still covered by their warranty
2017-4-18
Use props
fanse2f02c5d
lvl.1
United States

I have been speaking to a dynnex drones team member and he said the mavics are in and will be processed in the next couple of days. I'm really hoping to see it soon as they say. They said they will be sending my shipment info when they ship them out.
2017-4-18
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dmitry495 Posted at 2017-4-18 07:11
Daroga,

Sorry Dmitry495,
    I was not thinking globally. DJI policies state "√ For customers in North America, please note: DJI products purchased after August 1st, 2016 are covered under warranty only if they are purchased from DJI authorized dealers." So to answer your question globally, -> no, warranty coverage is defined by their well published policies, coverage, regional requirements,etc that can be found under the support links on http://www.dji.com/service/policy see Part III, Types of After Sales Service for the quoted reference.
2017-4-18
Use props
Dmitry495
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791194 ft
Russia

Daroga Posted at 2017-4-18 10:19
Sorry Dmitry495,
    I was not thinking globally. DJI policies state "√ For customers in North America, please note: DJI products purchased after August 1st, 2016 are covered under warranty only if they are purchased from DJI authorized dealers." So to answer your question globally, -> no, warranty coverage is defined by their well published policies, coverage, regional requirements,etc that can be found under the support links on http://www.dji.com/service/policy see Part III, Types of After Sales Service for the quoted reference.

Daroga,

I'm sorry, was not aware of this clause from the policy. I was referring to the case when Mavic was bought in China (not sure if at DJI authorized dealer or not), failed and DJI Service Center in Germany (Russia doesn't have one) was ready to take it for repair. Sorry again for confusion
2017-4-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules