Live feed lag
1664 10 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9127ef7f
lvl.1

United States

I recently updated my P3s to the new firmware 1.8.10, and now the live feed is laggy and pixelated,nothing I'm using has changed, only the firmware and the app software. Using a Samsung Galaxy S7 app version 3.1.3 I think.
2017-3-5
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

I'm still on 1.7.9 I think. Have read a few post that state what you just said, that's way I haven't updated mine yet. But one thing you could try is to turn off the video cache feature in the Go app. It will leave more CPU power for live video feed.
2017-3-5
Use props
fans9127ef7f
lvl.1

United States

I'm still pretty new to this, if I turn off the cashe will it only save video to the SD in the drone?
2017-3-5
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

fans9127ef7f Posted at 2017-3-5 17:33
I'm still pretty new to this, if I turn off the cashe will it only save video to the SD in the drone?

Yes, correct. It's always going to save to the SD card if your recording.  But with cache turned off, there's no video saved to your device. If your device is pushing it's limits with running the Go app, a small change could turn it around.
2017-3-5
Use props
fans9127ef7f
lvl.1

United States

Thanks, I'll try it the next time I fly.
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know how long it lagged?
Please try to delete the APP and re-install it, restart all devices, and fly it in a suitable environment.
You can connect another mobile device to remote to check the performance if convenient.
2017-3-5
Use props
fans9127ef7f
lvl.1

United States

It's been lagging since the new firmware update, annoy 1-4 seconds of lag during flight. I'm flying in the same place I always do,  I've already uninstalled and reinstalled everything.
2017-3-6
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

If I run Screen recorder - I get lag ... If I don't run it - I am fine.

It really does come down to processing power AND amount of RAM available to work .... you can have fast processor and minimum RAM ... with lag. A slow processor with large amount of RAM and no lag.

Shut down all unnecessary items ......

I must admit I leave my video cache enabled ......... why ? If I lose the model - I can look at the log - but a video scene as it goes down gives a lot of extra info to pinpoint once you are there.

Nigel
2017-3-6
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

fans9127ef7f Posted at 2017-3-6 07:54
It's been lagging since the new firmware update, annoy 1-4 seconds of lag during flight. I'm flying in the same place I always do,  I've already uninstalled and reinstalled everything.

OK Try this.  Do the auto launch then just hover at say 10m.  Check your gimble title and video.

If any lag shut down the app, the drone will stay where it is.  Restart the app.  This works for me if I have video lag. Also fly in airplane mode as some people run many apps in the background.
2017-3-6
Use props
fans9127ef7f
lvl.1

United States

I'll give it a try, it's just frustrating because literally the only thing that has changed is the updates.
2017-3-6
Use props
fans9127ef7f
lvl.1

United States

So I turned on airplane mode, and turned off the local cashing, and for now, minimal to no live feed lag. Thank you for your recommendations guys.
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules