Adjustment layer order
633 4 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aussie4220
Second Officer
Flight distance : 311732 ft
United States

I am very new to the world of photo editing and production. I am  working my way through the Affinity Pro tutorials and i have been going  back through the first 6 sections just to get a "comfort" with regard to  the multiple processes introduced.
When editing my own pics,  unless there are obvious corrections to be made, is there a "general"  sequence or order to follow with regard to adjustments ie do you tend to  start with "Brightness and Contrast" first, followed by ........... or are there certain things that should be done before other things and not the reverse?
Any assistance or direction on this would be most appreciated.
Thank you

2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It all really depends on what you're hoping to accomplish. Are you trying to have a more 'artistic' feel to your images or just trying to do small enhancements?
2017-3-5
Use props
Aussie4220
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-5 21:38
It all really depends on what you're hoping to accomplish. Are you trying to have a more 'artistic' feel to your images or just trying to do small enhancements?

HI Jamie, thanks for responding.  At this stage, less of the artistic look, more to bring the pics up from  being shot in D-cinelike, so i am looking to make them as "real" as possible.  Once i am comfortable with making the shots look as representative of the real things i will then start playing with the different adjustments to make it look more artistic, adding tones like sepia etc or high contrasts.
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Aussie4220 Posted at 2017-3-6 05:17
HI Jamie, thanks for responding.  At this stage, less of the artistic look, more to bring the pics up from  being shot in D-cinelike, so i am looking to make them as "real" as possible.  Once i am comfortable with making the shots look as representative of the real things i will then start playing with the different adjustments to make it look more artistic, adding tones like sepia etc or high contrasts.

I don't believe there necessarily a 'wrong' way of doing things. My personal preference is to adjust brighness and contrast to bring out the sharpness a bit before messing with color.
2017-3-9
Use props
Aussie4220
Second Officer
United States

Yes, i have been tending to go to those first, shadows and then colour.    Thanks
2017-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules