firmware update 2times flight after x4s error
2060 18 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jack Do
New

South Korea

i dont know. why not x4s booting motion?

no crash...

but video signal is ok...

cant cal and control...
2017-3-5
Use props
Jack Do
New

South Korea

2017-3-5
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
Hong Kong

I have seen this on other forum sites. Suggest you follow what they did. Basically they went back to the Assistant 2 web page and did a "restore factory settings" then with the camera attached reloaded the firmware. Also make sure you have the latest version of DJI GO 4 loaded AFTER you have deleted the older version and restarted both the Mobile device and Reboot the R/C.
2017-3-5
Use props
Jack Do
New

South Korea

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-3-5 20:30
I have seen this on other forum sites. Suggest you follow what they did. Basically they went back to the Assistant 2 web page and did a "restore factory settings" then with the camera attached reloaded the firmware. Also make sure you have the latest version of DJI GO 4 loaded AFTER you have deleted the older version and restarted both the Mobile device and Reboot the R/C.

im already re firmware and factory reset.. same error...

2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Jack Do Posted at 2017-3-5 22:15
im already re firmware and factory reset.. same error...

Have you also tried an IMU calibration, then a gimbal calibration in that order? Are you still able to connect to the Go4 app? When you try a gimbal calibration, did you see any response or error messages?
2017-3-5
Use props
fans1d6b7d4d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 436640 ft
United States

I to also have the same issue.

So here is what happened . I updated The inspire 2 to firmware V01.00.0240, After the updated completed the X4S Camera Gimbal had gotten stuck. I recalibrated the IMU then tried to calibrate the Gimbal to no avail. Reset drone multiple time and will not do the gimbal dance on start up.

After that did not work, I restore the unit to factory reset then installed the update again. Then did above troubleshooting steps above to no luck. Also spoke to DJI customer support and they were not much help at all saying the best thing to do is send the camera back from where I purchased it.

2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for your feedback, I've reported it to our engineers, will get back to you soon for any news.
2017-3-6
Use props
fans2788a923
New
Flight distance : 24767 ft
  • >>>
United States

On Tuesday morning, I have the same issue. The X4S will not boot and is stuck. I've been waiting for a technical representative to come on the line for more than 30 minutes now. I do not understand why DJI can't get its act together. The drones are innovative but replete with quality control issues. Recent firmware updates cause more harm than good. And the customer service is just awful. Long hold times. Incomprehensible representatives who appear to lack product knowledge. And the more DJI drones you buy, the worse connecting with them gets.
2017-4-11
Use props
fans2788a923
New
Flight distance : 24767 ft
  • >>>
United States

On Tuesday morning, I have the same issue. The X4S will not boot and is stuck. I've been waiting for a technical representative to come on the line for more than 30 minutes now. I do not understand why DJI can't get its act together. The drones are innovative but replete with quality control issues. Recent firmware updates cause more harm than good. And the customer service is just awful. Long hold times. Incomprehensible representatives who appear to lack product knowledge. And the more DJI drones you buy, the worse connecting with them gets.
2017-4-11
Use props
fansc312fdf8
lvl.1

United States

That exact same thing is happening on my x4s. It can't be a coincidence that so many users are having the same exact issue. I have picture, but no gimbal and it's rolled 90'
2017-4-15
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

Hello,
   What about the new firmware V01.0.03300? Did it fix it?  I was never able to test as I sent my camera in for a replacement refurb.  I can confirm, however, that the x4s camera stayed working after V01.0.033001.0.0330.
2017-4-15
Use props
Julien
lvl.1
Ghana

any updates on this ?

I have same problem,

suddenly, it all worked fine, didn't change anything, and the next morning, boom, it happens...

I am now in Africa for shooting, if any solution please tell...
2017-5-2
Use props
Julien
lvl.1
Ghana

HEY DJI, Ding Dong, Ding Dong,
Get ya sht together, and at least tell us WHY it happend!,...
We aren t novices, we know equipment trouble, and if there is one, need to know WHY ! Now we don't have any idea, cant explain to the client nothin;....

We're in trouble here, we don't spend 15k with you guys, and then not to be able to use it, on far away shoots on continents without any service center, or any of yr models being here!!!...

GET YR SHT TOGETHER, If yr selling to Profs, ya need a Prof Help desk 24/7 not a bunch of ... with no product knowledge, probably no idea what a quad copter is, that search the Forums!
Equipment should be able to be send anywhere in the world within 24h...!!!

We're loosing sht loads of money here!!!  I would never have this problem with Leica or Arri ....
2017-5-5
Use props
fans21dd7ed2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212044 ft
United States

Exact problem here. X4S rolls 90 degrees to the stop and freezes along with yaw locked. Pitch is free and unresponsive.

Updated through GO 4 app.
2017-5-30
Use props
fans21dd7ed2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 212044 ft
United States

Today's trouble shooting with no improvement:
   1. Calibrated IMU via Go 4 app connected to RC.
   2. Firmware "refreshed" via Assistant app v4.1.0 on a Mac.
   3. Downgraded to v01.00.0240 via Assistant.
   4. Firmware compatibility warnings on boot up, Downloaded as requested by GO 4 app.
   5. Went back to Assistant app and upgraded FW to v01.00.0330
   6. Went through all my settings again and x4s is still bricked.

2017-5-30
Use props
jburkett
lvl.2

Hong Kong

guys, sorry for that, please contact the DJI service for repairing,  we have already find out the reason and fix it, but the machines that have already got this problem can only be repair by dji service ( which needs to be tear-down and reprogrammed ), sorry for that... TAT
2017-6-1
Use props
Lambrechts
New
United Kingdom

jburkett@zackbu Posted at 2017-6-1 03:03
guys, sorry for that, please contact the DJI service for repairing,  we have already find out the reason and fix it, but the machines that have already got this problem can only be repair by dji service ( which needs to be tear-down and reprogrammed ), sorry for that... TAT

Dang! I just hit this same problem... Do I really have to send it in to get fixed still?
is there no way I can reset otherwise?
Thanks in advance!
2017-9-9
Use props
Lambrechts
New
United Kingdom

UPDATE! I FOUND A FIX FOR THIS!!!

Okay, go to

http://www.dji.com/inspire-2/inf ... a6cc123a8#downloads

Download the 'DJI ASSISTANT 2'

Plug your unit directly into the computer (DO NOT USE IPAD OR PHONE / APP) open the program on your Mac or PC turn on Inspire and follow directions to 'restore factory preset/settings'

Then load the firmware again directly from the computer! it worked 100%

Resetting my camera again!! no problem at all (for now)

Message me if you have any problems with it!
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Lambrechts Posted at 2017-9-9 13:30
UPDATE! I FOUND A FIX FOR THIS!!!

Okay, go to

Lambrechts, sorry for the late response, we are glad to hear the problem got sorted out, expecting more wonderful pictures and videos from you.
2017-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules