Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
flight times
3303 11 2015-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
micknick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi
Am new to the hobby and have just bought a used phantom fc40 that has been moded to take  the multistar 4000 mah battery and was wondering how long I can expect to get flight time?

2015-2-23
Use props
nig_smith
Captain

United Kingdom

A lot will depend on flying style, weather, flying in ATTI mode versus GPS mode, and of course payload/weight.
One person has reported that they managed 20 minutes with a bare Phantom V1.

I've also modded my Phantom V1 to take the Multistar 4000mAh battery but I've yet to have the opportunity to test it. I also have the Walkera G-2D gimbal and ILook camera fitted to it and I'll estimate I'll be able to get about fifteen minutes based on the 10 minutes I was achieving on a standard 2200mAh battery.

I've also used a pair of the same batteries, connected in parallel, on my F550 Hex which has an all up weight of 2.6 Kilos and flight times were just over 9 minutes. I've since started using a pair of the Multistar 5200mAh batteries, again in parallel, on the hex and I can get a comfortable 17minutes with an AUW of just over 2.7 Kilos.

Regards

Nidge
2015-2-23
Use props
micknick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks Nidge
only picked it up on Sunday and haven't had a chance to get it out in the field yet its all standard apart from the mod to take the bigger battery
has standard fc40 camera too
2015-2-23
Use props
nig_smith
Captain

United Kingdom

Excellent Mick.

If it didn't come with them I can highly recommend the 9 inch props, the FC40 was originally supplied with the 8 inch props as was my Phantom V1. Fitting the larger props has resulted in longer flight times, an increase of about two minutes, and improved response.

Regards

Nidge.
2015-2-24
Use props
nig_smith
Captain

United Kingdom

As an update I've just done a comparative test between a Turnigy 2200mAh 25c and the Multistar 4000mAh 10c batteries.
My flying style was a mixture of GPS and ATTI modes flying circuits at full throttle around my flying field. I flew until the Phantom went into auto land mode, my second level protection is set to 10.4 Volt under load.

The Turnigy 2200mAh battery provided a flight time of 10:50 with the battery bouncing back to 10.6Volt after two minutes.
The Multistar 4000mAh battery provided a flight time of 17:30 with the battery bouncing back to 11.0Volt after two minutes.

Regards

Nidge
2015-2-25
Use props
micknick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

wow that's not bad 17.3 mins
I took mine out today and didn't get anywhere near 17 mins in gps mode with the multistar 4000 mah batteries but ive been told that they get better after a few cycles on the charger and have only been charged one apparently (not sure if this is correct but its what the guy who I bought from told me)
I was getting about 10-12 mins
2015-2-25
Use props
micknick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

nig_smith@o2.co Posted at 2015-2-24 21:33
Excellent Mick.

If it didn't come with them I can highly recommend the 9 inch props, the FC40 was o ...

just the 8 inch props on mine
may have to buy some 9 inch ones
2015-2-25
Use props
micknick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

nig_smith@o2.co Posted at 2015-2-24 21:33
Excellent Mick.

If it didn't come with them I can highly recommend the 9 inch props, the FC40 was o ...

fitted 9 inch props now but not tested yet
2015-3-7
Use props
joe
lvl.4

United States

Prop efficiency goes up with diameter of the prop.  So in most cases going to a larger props will increase flight time.
The props  and new higher energy density batteries are the main reason why Phantom 2s have longer flight time than the P1.
Micks data adds support tot this.  If he had a 5200mAh he would probably get 20+ minutes.
2015-3-7
Use props
micknick
lvl.1

United Kingdom

joe@heliflightc Posted at 2015-3-8 00:04
Prop efficiency goes up with diameter of the prop.  So in most cases going to a larger props will in ...

just added the 9 inch props
2015-3-7
Use props
kazdul
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

micknick Posted at 2015-3-8 02:12
just added the 9 inch props

They makes a nice difference don't they? Had my first coupe of flights with mine today. I liked them a lot!
2015-3-10
Use props
RATTYDUDE77
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I just picked up a 5200 mah for my phantom 1.5 gotta get 9inch props know
2016-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules