Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Massive issues on my fisrt day out with my Osmo - NEED HELP FROM DJI
1443 7 2017-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skpManiac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092589 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On Saturday I managed to get out with the Osmo Mobile and my Samsung S7 Edge

I did some time-lapse video - did not work properly

I did some 9 shot Pano's - did not work properly

I did some normal photos, most are out of focus

The only thing that worked was standard video and photos which I could have used my Native app for!

I spent over £400 on this and its currently useless.

I either want to return it for a full refund or we need an app that works URGENTLY!

My 9 shot Panos have come out at under 500k files all with various resolutions around 1500x800 which is completely useless, should it be 9 times larger than a single photo? That’s the whole point of panoramic photos - my native phone app does a better job!  The Osmo pics have the top of the main building I wanted tp capture MISSING!

My time-lapse videos messed up at the end of the timers - on a 20 minute video the Osmo reset to central position with 30 seconds remaining. On a 7 minute video the Osmo reset to central position with 3 seconds to go - totally screwed up the time-lapse which on playback is jumpy and not of a professional standard despite being on the Osmo tripod.

I am truly disappointed with this piece of tech form DJI - I have loved all my drones but this, this is sub-standard and un-usable!

This has to be sorted or my Osmo will be being returned, as it is completely un-usable for my photography business.

A so called 9 shot Pano

A so called 9 shot Pano

Building missing!

Building missing!
2017-3-6
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After half an hour on Chat the problem is still unresolved - apparently a refund is impossible despite them selling me a faulty product!

After owning P2's, P2+'s, Inspires and a Mavic, this may be the last thing I ever buy from DJI due to a complete lack of support on a product that does NOT work and certainly is not what they advertise!
2017-3-7
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I WANT THIS EXCHANGING  - Why won't anyone at DJI help me?
2017-6-13
Use props
GadgetJohnuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Everything you said is correct and is how it works.  It's not 9 times the picture resolution, it's taking a picture that is 9 times closer.... so as if you walked further away to take a big photo, with the 9 box pano it's just giving you a big open picture but from close up.
2017-6-13
Use props
GadgetJohnuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Great location for a shoot.

Everything you said is correct and is how it works.  It's not 9 times the picture resolution, it's taking a picture that is 9 times closer.... so as if you walked further away to take a big photo, with the 9 box pano it's just giving you a big open picture but from close up.  

To get the best results aim the camera at the centre of your shot before you start the pano, then it won't cut off the top of bottom of images.

The time-lapse is also correct, in the final seconds it will centre the gimble. You simple cut this in your editing software so that motion is removed.

Feel free to watch my video on using the Osmo Mobile..

Thanks
John
2017-6-13
Use props
GadgetJohnuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Some pictures. UOFI9587.jpg VDCJ5359.jpg
2017-6-13
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You simply cut this out?

That's not the point, when we are doing work for clients, or even for pleasure, the last thing we need is more work because DJI can't be bothered to fix their software.

As for the Pano, it SHOULD stitch 9 full size photos together - not make a photo smaller than a single photo - also the fact we cannot change resolutions etc in the GO App tells me its unfinished :/

Looking at your post, you are either working for DJI or simply not to bothered as it's for personal use - In a professional environment we expect and demand professional tools, which DJI is simply failing to giove us.
2017-6-14
Use props
GadgetJohnuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

As you are local maybe we could meet up and I can explain how it works as I believe you've got the wrong end of the stick.

My photos are not cut out, they are the result of using the Osmo Mobile in the way DJI intended.

I don't work for DJI, I am a YouTuber & freelance photographer.

The 9 shot pano couldn't be 9 times larger due to the processing power of the mobile phone, it would take hours to stitch it together and that kind of resolution.

All the osmo is doing is allowing you a greater perspective from your current view point, much like a super wide angle lens but without the fish-eye effect.

Happy to meet up, just let me know.
John
2017-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules