Ipad- Wifi or 3g/4g
1372 2 2015-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cesartobar82.gm
New

United States

Im wondering about iPads, im not a android user at all,  do they function better with the DJI Inspire? Still waiting for mine. Im aware of the differences of the ipad models, and capabilities of both, but i would like to know  the advantages of having just wifi option and the 3g/4g option mix with DJI. Please be specific,   I understand Apple products been working with them for many years, can u tell me the pros and cons if you have the dual controllers  with the two iPads, what would you recommend.
Thank you and lest be nice.

Soon to be inspire owner
Ebee owner
Photographer
Filmography student .

2015-2-23
Use props
cesartobar82.gm
New

United States

Chris Con Posted at 2015-2-24 06:55
The advantage of having the 3g or 4g model compare to wifi  would be that you could actively load ma ...

Thank you Chris Con, very good information, well I guess if people are only using it on wifi mode, I'm thinking people could use a hotspot for Internet to keep updated maps and weather alerts, but then again has anyone fly like that with wifi on  plus a hotspot connection.
2015-2-23
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

The advantage of having the 3g or 4g model compare to wifi  would be that you could actively load maps in the DJI Pilot APP if you are in a location without wifi (note: you can pre cache maps by loading them before you go flying) . You could also open up ancillary apps without wifi like a weather app... That would be the only real advantage over just going with the wifi model.

BUT- DJI recommends that you have your iPad running in airplane mode anyways. So if you follow that instruction, then you are removing the one advantage of getting the cellular service anyways.  I would venture to speculate that most people here are using the wifi only model.

Regarding which iPad to pick - The two to top choices are the iPad air 1 or the iPad mini 2 as the newer models are still having issues with crashing.  Many people have been purchasing used models from the Gazelle E-bay store at great savings. http://stores.ebay.com/Gazelle-S ... rksid=p4634.c0.m322  
2015-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules