Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Frustrated with gimbal EXP settings - DJI please fix.
1924 18 2017-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simonm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406886 ft
United Kingdom

DJI - please note:

There is a widely reported problem with the Gimbal Pitch and Yaw EXP settings for the Inspire 1 which appeared two or three GO updates ago (IOS 3.1.2?).

When using the Master RC left thumbwheel these EXP settings need to be <5 to have controllable, slow yaw & pitch motion of the gimbal. I have my EXP settings at 1 for both directions and full movement of the thumbwheel is still too fast for smooth video recording. HOWEVER when the gimbal is controlled through the Slave RC (for me the right stick) the EXP settings work as they should, similar to how they were with what used to be called 'Gimbal Speed' before being changed to 'EXP' with the GO updates.

Basically, when using the Master RC thumbwheel with EXP settings of 1 = same speed as using Slave RC stick with EXP settings of 50

THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH MY SETTINGS. I suspect all Insire 1 users are struggling with this.

DJI Mindy - I'm sure your engineers are aware of this problem but it hasn't been rectified in the last two GO updates. Can you please, please pass this this on with a request to have it fixed with the next GO update.

Many thanks in advance.

2017-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi simonm, have you tried to switch the master RC to slave RC?
I'll help to report this to our engineers.
Besides, could you please clarify your currrent DJI GO app version and firmware version?

2017-3-7
Use props
JACKYYY

China

hmmm this sounds weired mate
2017-3-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

simon - I agree with you , you have to set the settings way to low to get effective Pan or tilt ( still not right )   It was MUCH better when  the single "Gimbal Speed" option  was used on other go apps.

It seems like the setting is no  longer able to be fine tuned , It is either way to fast Or way to slow .
I noticed  a little while back this and glad  someone else did as well.  I did however not notice that the Slave would work properly , I will have to test this .
Thanks  

donnie

2017-3-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-7 00:17
Hi simonm, have you tried to switch the master RC to slave RC?
I'll help to report this to our engineers.
Besides, could you please clarify your currrent DJI GO app version and firmware version?

Mindy , I am on 3.1.4   and it does it  as WELL as 3.1.5 ( Go App)

I have the exact same issue .  I have NOT tested it via slave though , but I can assure you I will .

donnie
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-7 05:41
Mindy , I am on 3.1.4   and it does it  as WELL as 3.1.5 ( Go App)

I have the exact same issue .  I have NOT tested it via slave though , but I can assure you I will .

Could you please clarify your current firmware version? Including aircraft, RC and camera firmware.
2017-3-8
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-8 18:43
Could you please clarify your current firmware version? Including aircraft, RC and camera firmware.

I am at 1.8 on the AC and Camera  and 1.6 on the RC.  

Mindy I noticed this when the camera gimbal speed went from a single option on the go app ( I forget where exactly ) to the Advance settings  for gimbal settings .

It just is not very linear in its speed .  It should be much more steady between 0-100.  It is like the range is way to sensitive and you need to set it to single digits to get it to work for a smooth pitch .

I have also tried with the "Pitch smoothness" and it is still to sensitive in my opinion.   

Mindy if you can please try for yourself .

donnie
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-9 06:08
I am at 1.8 on the AC and Camera  and 1.6 on the RC.  

Mindy I noticed this when the camera gimbal speed went from a single option on the go app ( I forget where exactly ) to the Advance settings  for gimbal settings .

Thank you Donnie.
Since OP didn't provide  his information to me, I have forwarded your information to our engineers for review. Could you please let me know which camera you are using?
2017-3-12
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-12 22:19
Thank you Donnie.
Since OP didn't provide  his information to me, I have forwarded your information to our engineers for review. Could you please let me know which camera you are using?

I have the X3 and X5

donnie
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-13 02:16
I have the X3 and X5

donnie

1.8AC and 1.6RC are far too old version.
Please update the firmware to latest and test again, since our technicians can't recur the problem as you described.
2017-3-14
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-8 18:43

Mindy, this gimbal speed issue was reported during the FW beta testing and occurred after the Go App was updated. I do not think it has been corrected since that time. The new Go 4 App was released and it has the same issue with my P4 and Mavic Pro...

The settings have to be turned down to about 10.

Rich
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-14 20:31
Mindy, this gimbal speed issue was reported during the FW beta testing and occurred after the Go App was updated. I do not think it has been corrected since that time. The new Go 4 App was released and it has the same issue with my P4 and Mavic Pro...

The settings have to be turned down to about 10.

Thank you for your feedback, Rich.
What's your current firmware version?
Did you update the aircraft, camera and RC firmware to latest version?
2017-3-15
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-14 19:24
1.8AC and 1.6RC are far too old version.
Please update the firmware to latest and test again, since our technicians can't recur the problem as you described.

No worries Mindy , I can work around this , Just seems to me ( and others ) that the gimbal wheel speed is NOT as good as it was in the past.  The settings now are Super Fast Or Super Slow.

donnie
2017-3-15
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-15 00:50
Thank you for your feedback, Rich.
What's your current firmware version?
Did you update the aircraft, camera and RC firmware to latest version?

Hi Mindy
I have attached my screen shots showing the settings and FW and App versions. I have found that all my DJI aircraft P3P, P4, Mavic Pro needed slower adjustments after the updates because the camera was touchy and fast.

Rich

IMG_0114.jpg IMG_0115.jpg
2017-3-15
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-15 08:21
Hi Mindy
I have attached my screen shots showing the settings and FW and App versions. I have found that all my DJI aircraft P3P, P4, Mavic Pro needed slower adjustments after the updates because the camera was touchy and fast.

Great minds must think alike Rich , my settings are pert near Identical to yours !!

donnie
2017-3-15
Use props
simonm
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well five months later and I'm now on the latest firmware 01.11.01.50 with GO version 3.1.13 (IOS).

I was hoping the firmware update would finally fix this annoying problem with the gimbal speed settings (on the master controller) but despite raising it here and reporting it vis DJI support last March it hasn't. I was told at the time that the engineers were aware of the problem and it would be fixed in a future GO App update but there have been several since March and no change.

I know we can all work around the problem (sort of) but it's extremely annoying and should have been fixed by now. I can't believe it's a big job, it just needs somebody to recognise that it's important and would make life easier for all of your Inspire 1 owners.

Mindy, if you can somehow bring your influence to bear and make sure this problem is addressed I will be eternally grateful.

Simon

2017-8-2
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

simonm Posted at 2017-8-2 08:12
Well five months later and I'm now on the latest firmware 01.11.01.50 with GO version 3.1.13 (IOS).

I was hoping the firmware update would finally fix this annoying problem with the gimbal speed settings (on the master controller) but despite raising it here and reporting it vis DJI support last March it hasn't. I was told at the time that the engineers were aware of the problem and it would be fixed in a future GO App update but there have been several since March and no change.

This was reported during the beta testing shortly after FW 1.81 and DJI keeps tweaking the feature but you need to turn the settings to about 7-10 for my liking. So, it must not be to high on the software priority list...  It is better on my P4P and Mavic Pro.

Mindy has reported this to the R&D team but this has been discussed many times already. I am sure that it will be fixed to be more in the center of the tolerance levels.  

All the best
Rich
2017-8-2
Use props
simonm
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-2 13:11
This was reported during the beta testing shortly after FW 1.81 and DJI keeps tweaking the feature but you need to turn the settings to about 7-10 for my liking. So, it must not be to high on the software priority list...  It is better on my P4P and Mavic Pro.

Mindy has reported this to the R&D team but this has been discussed many times already. I am sure that it will be fixed to be more in the center of the tolerance levels.  

Rich,

I find the problem is more that the Master and Slave settings aren't sync'd. If I want to take control from the camera operator for whatever reason I have to go into the gimbal settings first and adjust or select a different preset, and then do it again if I hand back camera control.

The Slave settings are as they always used to be, it's just the Master settings that changed. I tend to run mine at 5 so I can have a smooth, gradual pan when the right thumbwheel is at full travel.

I hope it'll be fixed before too long but won't hold my breath.

2017-8-4
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

simonm Posted at 2017-8-4 07:38
Rich,

I find the problem is more that the Master and Slave settings aren't sync'd. If I want to take control from the camera operator for whatever reason I have to go into the gimbal settings first and adjust or select a different preset, and then do it again if I hand back camera control.

Thank you for explaining with more detail. I find the slave remote to be very nice camera control using the gimbals. The master has always been harder IMO

I am sure DJI will get this addressed.

Rich
2017-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules