Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Any news on RC FW 1.8 update issues?
123Next >
5786 85 2017-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hawk Wingover Posted at 2017-5-15 09:00
Hi DJI Natalia can you please tell me what DJI calls the near future ? we are all still waiting for the R/C firmware update for the p3p that cost me one arm + two legs Regards Hawk.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I have not got the info when the new firmware will be released. I'll try to check the info with the engineers, appreciate your patience!
2017-5-15
Use props
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi DJI Natalia thanks for your help Regards Hawk.
2017-5-16
Use props
vr-pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4668169 ft
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-15 19:15
Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I have not got the info when the new firmware will be released. I'll try to check the info with the engineers, appreciate your patience!

Really looking forward to it. Thanks in advance!
2017-5-16
Use props
fans031a92d9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 358238 ft
Italy

I've the same problem with P4 with FW 1.8.0  (jerky video transmission, freeze, and AIRCRAFT DISCONNECTED!!!) with my new  Huawei Mediapad 3 tablet!!!  with the iPad Air all works well...Damnation!!!  Please DJI release a Firmware-patch!!!!!
2017-5-16
Use props
usere8a96285f3
New
United States

Having very similar problems using iPhone 6s....never had this issue before
2017-5-16
Use props
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

They must be doing a really good job of this update and testing it carefully before release, nothing like getting it right the fist time, well done DJI.
2017-5-19
Use props
fans987d278a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

Hawk Wingover Posted at 2017-5-19 08:43
They must be doing a really good job of this update and testing it carefully before release, nothing like getting it right the fist time, well done DJI.

You all that are continually posting here about how crappy the latest, 1.8 firmware  is, most of you have reverted back to the last firmware & it works great, right?

Are we expecting  something in the next firmware release that is earth shattering?
My question again is, If all is working great now, why do you want to update at all?
2017-5-20
Use props
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

One because we dont like having the continuous warning about updateing  in our face all the time , not that it really matters much now iam selling asap, https://www.suasnews.com/2017/05 ... drones-next-update/
2017-5-20
Use props
fans987d278a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

Hawk Wingover Posted at 2017-5-20 11:35
One because we dont like having the continuous warning about updateing  in our face all the time , not that it really matters much now iam selling asap, https://www.suasnews.com/2017/05 ... drones-next-update/

There is a notice from DJI in regards to the next updates, for all DJI birds.
I find it very confusing, its all about having to log in before flights, & if you don't you won't be able fly, AT ALL!!
2017-5-22
Use props
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Yes i agree with you it is all a bit confusing, what i would like to know before i sell mine is can you still fly ok if you have no wi-fi ? as i always fly without.
2017-5-22
Use props
vr-pilot
Second Officer
Germany

fans987d278a Posted at 2017-5-22 07:24
There is a notice from DJI in regards to the next updates, for all DJI birds.
I find it very confusing, its all about having to log in before flights, & if you don't you won't be able fly, AT ALL!!

And this Geofence firmware (and app) update was not what we expected to solve the RC FW1.8 issues...

As far as I understand DJI's notification: updating with future DJO GO app software and aircraft (or RC) firmware, will require a new user log in for identification.
If no identification is performed, mission hight will be restricted to 30m and distance to 50m...
2017-5-22
Use props
Sasquad
First Officer
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2017-3-9 04:48
ive always had to many issues with a andrid device...  I went and bought a ipad for all my dji stuff and now I never have any issues...  just for  giggles I connect my android phone once and awhile and it works like crap.. the video gets laggy, skips out, and it will even tell me I have no video signal....  tlhen I switch to my ipad and no issues...  everytime I see a video issue here is someone using android too.....  trust me when I tell you to go buy a ipad... you will be real happy you did..  the only time I ever do have a issue with my ipad is on a real hot day..  the ipad gets hot from the sun and the processor throttles back trying to reduce heat and the video will then get real crappy.... but if you keep it cool it will work fine... and that's on a 80 plus degree day with the sun beaming directly down on me and the ipad...  so go get a ipad from someplace. borrow it from someone and try it and you will see most if not all of your issues will be solved....

Exactaly the results I got. Since the Ipad air 2 and running dji go and Autopilot, NO ISSUES. Love it.
2017-5-22
Use props
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

This could be why the update was taking so long, we will just have to wait and see
2017-5-26
Use props
vr-pilot
Second Officer
Germany

Sasquad Posted at 2017-5-22 16:43
Exactaly the results I got. Since the Ipad air 2 and running dji go and Autopilot, NO ISSUES. Love it.

We have similar problems with our Inspire 1 and Inspire 1 Pro. RC firmware downgraded due to HD-TX fails, and that although running everything with ipads here.
There are people reporting problems on Android and iOS. Even devices on DJI's explicitly recommended devices list (like e.g. the Sony Z3) have that live feed problems...
2017-5-26
Use props
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

strange days indeed
2017-6-1
Use props
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

New update must be coming soon, or have we been dropped now the new drones are out ?
2017-6-15
Use props
SimonH78
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fortunately I don't have any issues I use both Android via a Sony Xperia Z and a iPad Mini running latest Fw 1.10.9 - TX 1.8.0 Go app 3.1.5(A) 3.1.10(ios)... your problem might be elsewhere. Zero feed isues or pixelation.... Enable Hardware Decoding is ON?? or another app setting  like data rate to high on transmission for the device if you have a Pro... - just a thought
2017-6-15
Use props
SeanSchick
Flight distance : 24852 ft
United States

I'm glad this thread exists. I rarely have time to fly and just updated to latest firmware.  Video link to the controller both Nexus 7 (2015) and Pixel XL were horrific.  I'll go back to 1.6.
2017-6-16
Use props
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Thanks for your input Simon H78, will have a good look at the settings this weekend and if the wind will calm down a little will fly it out and see how things go.
2017-6-16
Use props
JulianSA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1113307 ft
Spain

Hawk Wingover Posted at 2017-6-16 08:28
Thanks for your input Simon H78, will have a good look at the settings this weekend and if the wind will calm down a little will fly it out and see how things go.

Hi!...

I have sme problem... for fix downgrade to 1.6

Please DJI Fix this problem!!

Thanks.
2017-6-17
Use props
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Took drone out yesterday and the only problem i have now  useing 1.6 is the picture on my ipad 4 mini freezes for up to five seconds then refreshes, ive got no problems with distance, flew out over 700 meters and all signals are very good, everything has the latest updates apart from the remote where ive had to go back to 1.6.  hardware decodeing is on iam now stuck. The only problem ive ever had with this drone is a vision position warning land asap, thats no longer a problem now ive turned it off. Please sort this problem out for us DJI we have all paid a lot of money to you for these drones please do the right thing and help us out.
2017-6-19
Use props
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia any chance you can ask again as nobody seems to have listened to you the first time, Kind Regards Hawk.
2017-6-22
Use props
vr-pilot
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-15 19:15

Hello DJI Natalia,

again 6 weeks later. The thread has grown, customers keep complaining but nothings happens.
Is there a real chance of getting a fixed RC FW in the future at all?
2017-6-24
Use props
MazD
lvl.1
Australia

Johnny281 Posted at 2017-3-25 06:10
connect you tablet/phone to your remote,    then turn your remote one (phantom does not need to be turned on)  once the dji go app opens on the top right corner you will see a menu button,  click on that and there you will see options to downgrade your remote to 1.6

i did that but I cannot find anywhere in the menu to downgrade to 1.6. I have been unable to fly mine for 6 months now very frustrating
2017-6-24
Use props
useraccbd78b01
Captain
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

Taken to long to fix the problem, the problem shut be fix for long time ago can not be right it taken soo long time to fix it come on DJI do something now..
2017-6-24
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What remote version do you have as there is a difference between the B and the C versions... whilst testing a friends P3A who had forgotten his tablet I noticed he had stuttery picture and pixelation but when I swapped back to use mine a perfect picture - He has a vers C mine is a vers B. Just a thought. but remember we are using old discontinued models...don't think they are going to release a firmware update.
2017-6-24
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MazD Posted at 2017-6-24 23:00
i did that but I cannot find anywhere in the menu to downgrade to 1.6. I have been unable to fly mine for 6 months now very frustrating

what does the screen say in the dropdown that appears...
thumbnail_Screenshot_20170625-081459.jpg
2017-6-24
Use props
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia where have you gone in our hour of need ?
2017-6-25
Use props
vr-pilot
Second Officer
Germany

Hawk Wingover Posted at 2017-6-25 08:04
DJI Natalia where have you gone in our hour of need ?

P3P and all its users abandoned?
Would be a bad policy...

2017-6-26
Use props
romansu
lvl.3
Latvia

i still wait new firmware for P3pro.
impossible fly after installing latest firmware

P.S. Return everything as it was in previous version - The new features are not needed
2017-6-27
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

vr-pilot. You were right to complain about 1.8.0. But now with 3.1.6 and RC 1.8.0 all works flawless. For the first time in many months I have the latest of all firmwares and it works. This is an happy end of your thread.
2017-6-27
Use props
Hawk Wingover
Second Officer

United Kingdom

All we want is for our drones to work as they should, we have all spent a lot of money is it to much to ask. This has been going on for way to long, to purchase a new drone is totally out of the question for me right now, it was hard enough getting the p3p in the first place, iam sure we all understand that you want to introduce new products but can you at least wait until you have the previous ones working as they should first. Even purchased an ipad 4 mini to go with it so i wouldnt have any problems or at least thats what i was led to belive. DJI its not the hardest thing in the world to fix these problems, or is it that you cannot be bothered no you have taken our money. Somebody from DJI at least have the guts to tell us we are waiting for an update that will never come if thats the case.
2017-6-27
Use props
vr-pilot
Second Officer
Germany

wntmldrs_belgiu Posted at 2017-6-27 01:20
vr-pilot. You were right to complain about 1.8.0. But now with 3.1.6 and RC 1.8.0 all works flawless. For the first time in many months I have the latest of all firmwares and it works. This is an happy end of your thread.

Not for me. Just testet DJI GO app 3.1.7 with RC FW 1.8 :
HD transmission still gets heavily disturbed by artefacts when using RC FW 1.8 instead of 1.6.

Went back to RC FW 1.6 for the 10th time or so now since October 2016, because otherwise my P3P becomes useless and a case for the trash can...
DJI, last call!
2017-7-1
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

The newest firmware is working great for me at this time...  I've got the latest and greatest installed on my p3p and all is well..  200 meter altitudes and 2000 meters away and it works great...   Now when I fly it around my house in the city I'm lucky if I can get 700 meters distance with 115 meters altitude..  I also have my p3 channel hacked so I'm running 32ch on it and I'm able to pick a few channels that have absolutely 0 interference level according to the channel bar graph on the channel page of the go app...   Also make sure the flat sides of the p3's transmitter antennas are aimed at the copter.  The tip of the antennas is the weakest spot on any antenna so orientate it so the flat sides aim at the craft.  Aiming the antenna tips at the copter will cause a serious range issue....  Hope I've helped....
2017-7-4
Use props
useraccbd78b01
Captain
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

update today.
new firmware for phantom 3 advance  1.11.20
controller 1.9.2
app 3.1.8
have not try to fly whit it but do hope its ok now....
2017-7-6
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vr-pilot Posted at 2017-7-1 17:45
Not for me. Just testet DJI GO app 3.1.7 with RC FW 1.8 :
HD transmission still gets heavily disturbed by artefacts when using RC FW 1.8 instead of 1.6.

Question - Is your TX model a 300A, 300B or 300C ? (Printed on back at the bottom).
2017-7-6
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vr-pilot -  The TX/RC FW 1.9 now out!! - But you will need to upgrade the AC to the new 1.11.2 FW
2017-7-6
Use props
vr-pilot
Second Officer
Germany

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-7-6 08:54
vr-pilot -  The TX/RC FW 1.9 now out!! - But you will need to upgrade the AC to the new 1.11.2 FW

Finally...
just updated:
phantom 3 professional  FW 1.11.20
controller FW 1.9.2
app 3.1.8
Also have not tried to fly with it, but - from what I have seen indoors so far - there is a good chance that everything seems to work again...
FYI: I have RC 300B with the HDMI option

2017-7-10
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vr-pilot Posted at 2017-7-10 15:01
Finally...
just updated:
phantom 3 professional  FW 1.11.20

Good news - I too have updated - it is slightly more involved than previous updates and I needed to re link the RC. But all seems good - I'm yet to have a fly, later today hopefully.
2017-7-11
Use props
vr-pilot
Second Officer
Germany

Aerial-Image Posted at 2017-7-11 00:05
Good news - I too have updated - it is slightly more involved than previous updates and I needed to re link the RC. But all seems good - I'm yet to have a fly, later today hopefully.

Flew 3 batteries today.
Everything seems to be good in the end: all firmwares and dji go app up to date and no HD TX failures noticeable!
Did not try Litchi so far, but I maybe will test tomorrow...
2017-7-12
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules