3700 29 2017-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans46399d72
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30190 ft
Indonesia

Hi,
I use an android phone (OPPO R7+) and the app/phone has always been tempramental. The latest firmware update and using this phone has become a nightmare. Constantly lagging and now constantly disconnecting from the aircraft. It is literally unusable. I did a quick test. Flew using the OPPO. Lots of lag and while flying directly above me a mere 30m away, constant disconnectng. I switched out for my wifes iphone 7+ and it was a dream. Not a single issue.

I know from experience the android app has always been a step behind or even just very buggy. But it is now a combination of my phone (lag) and the app.

I want to ask what android phone people are having success with as I am not too keen to change from Android to the iphone.

Any suggestions??

Bruce

2017-3-6
Use props
mcd0nald
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3717 ft
Australia

I am using S7 edge with Android Nougat version, and doing fine .....
2017-3-6
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

s7 edge, and no problems at all in relation to phone/app (lots of problems with focus but has nothing to do with phone)
2017-3-6
Use props
Phlashster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23537 ft
United Kingdom

I am using an old Sony Z3 as my dedicated drone phone. I use a Z5 as my daily.
The Z3 was factory reset and no apps other than DJI Go4 installed.

I have never had an issue or app crash.  

Phil.
2017-3-6
Use props
Wes1977
lvl.2
Flight distance : 363862 ft
United States

why not a dedicated tablet that fits?

http://forum.dji.com/thread-81327-1-1.html
2017-3-7
Use props
Dazba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17188 ft
United Kingdom

I use A Samsung Galaxy Not 3 and DJI Go4 with no issues at all.
2017-3-7
Use props
fans46399d72
lvl.1
Indonesia

Thanks for the input. Maybe a dedicated phone or tablet might work or an upgrade to a google pixel xl.
2017-3-7
Use props
bluezdawg
lvl.2
United States

I use a Galaxy S7 (not edge) with Android 7.0 (Nougat), works great!
2017-3-7
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

I use a OnePlus 3T
I encountered 0 bug and it's the best phone for the quality-price ratio: you get the same hardware than Samsung or LG for almost half the price
2017-3-7
Use props
Kalibr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59416 ft
United States

I was using a LG V10 and had numerous app crashes and disconnects. Instead of spending $600-$1,000 for a new phone, I decided to go with a $300 iPad Mini 4 and have not experienced any issues.
2017-3-7
Use props
chunky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128514 ft
United Kingdom

I have a PIxel XL.
No problems here.
2017-3-7
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

Using my everyday Droid Turbo running Marshmallow with zero issues .
2017-3-7
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

bluezdawg Posted at 2017-3-7 06:13
I use a Galaxy S7 (not edge) with Android 7.0 (Nougat), works great!

Ditto Here
2017-3-7
Use props
Ian Aiken
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23934 ft
United Kingdom

Samsung Note 3 worked well but the Samsung Note 4 seems to handle the app better and doesn't get as hot either. Had no issues during flight, no disconnections or anything. I do however enabled flight mode and disable WiFi on the phone. It doesn't have a SIM. I also don't have other apps installed either that may run in the background. I'd recommend Note 4 and it fit's nicely and a bit bigger than most screens, although not quite tablet size.
2017-3-7
Use props
Mikkovtun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5247953 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Я використовую Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, та після останнього оновлення часто бачу , що aircraft disconnect, хоча пульт RC з'єднаний із літаком. Приходиться перезавантажити телефон і одразу все працює..
2017-3-8
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

OnePlus X custom cyanogen rom by Sultan on xda. It's underclocked too on marshmallow. I can record 4k video@30fps with the rom
The hardware is good, oled, can be set bright on sunny days. I like it. The OnePlus 2 is really nice too, has a better camera but wifes.
2017-3-8
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

thehippoz Posted at 2017-3-8 21:53
OnePlus X custom cyanogen rom by Sultan on xda. It's underclocked too on marshmallow. I can record 4k video@30fps with the rom
The hardware is good, oled, can be set bright on sunny days. I like it. The OnePlus 2 is really nice too, has a better camera but wifes.

The phone comes with spouses?
2017-3-8
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Another vote for the OnePlus3 - zero issues
2017-3-8
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2017-3-8 23:26
The phone comes with spouses?

lol Sorry, meant it's the wifes phone.
2017-3-9
Use props
Protomite
lvl.1

United States

My Samsung Galaxy S6 seems to do well, no problems so far but I am staying away from the latest update because it does work so good. Maybe later once they fix some bugs.
2017-3-9
Use props
fans46399d72
lvl.1
Indonesia

In the meantime I have given up on DJI GO4 until I upgrade my phone or add a tablet specifically for flying. Litchi is an expensive app but a cheap alternative to losing my drone from disconnections. Twice I have had to use the RTH button this week due to random disconnects and lag making it impossible to fly safely. Litchi is much more stable so I will stick with that until things change.
2017-3-11
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

Take a Oneplus: same hardware as Samsung and LG high end phones but much cheaper.

There is a huge XDA community behind, even the pros are using it, it's not some Chinese crap.

And I had 0 issue with DJI Go 4 when it crashed constantly on a Galaxy Note
2017-3-12
Use props
SERGI GUTIERREZ
New
Flight distance : 6388 ft
Spain

Volar dji spark con el OPPO rx17pro es también tarea casi imposible. Desconexiones constantes en pleno vuelo, da igual android 8 o 9. No se puede volar y es un problema grave para DJI ya que en todo lo demás del OPPO es un magnífico móvil.
2019-12-6
Use props
RK7dronzy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

Im using a samsung galaxy s5 with a lineage 16 rom and works fine.
2019-12-10
Use props
ririlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

fans46399d72 Posted at 2017-3-11 23:01
In the meantime I have given up on DJI GO4 until I upgrade my phone or add a tablet specifically for flying. Litchi is an expensive app but a cheap alternative to losing my drone from disconnections. Twice I have had to use the RTH button this week due to random disconnects and lag making it impossible to fly safely. Litchi is much more stable so I will stick with that until things change.

Unless you don't use the remote, I don't understand why would the Litchi app prevent disconnection!

I get very annoyed when i receive interference message.
2019-12-10
Use props
TacticalKarma
lvl.1

Austria

POCO F1 is best I think
2020-1-15
Use props
IR.ESNHZ
lvl.1

Iran

there is no problem whit android one  but i prefer use IOS ones
2020-1-15
Use props
UKMoose
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Sony Z5 no problems whatsoever, also I use huawei mediapad m3 lite 8, also no problems whatsoever.
2020-1-15
Use props
WineGuyTy
New
Canada

Just picked up the DJI OS 4 gimbal. I use an OPPO r17 phone. Following all guidelines and set up, it seems not to play well with the rig. As far as I see, some Oppo phones are officially compatible. Perhaps mine is not? But it falls within the weight (182gms) compatibility. Does anyone have any tips for me? Will it be more successful using a 3rd party APP? Or should I buy a phone simply dedicated to photo/video capture which is on the official list?  Thanks! -ty
2021-2-1
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have a Samsung S20 Ultra and it works fine on my Air 2S.  However in direct sunlight it is hard to see.  In the shade it is useable, cloudy day works with plenty of brightness.  The new S21 Ultra is out and has an additional 500 nits of peak brightness.  Does  anyone have any experience with the new Samsung S21 Ultra.  How is it in Direct Sunlight?
2021-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules