Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera face towards left instead of facing center.
34162 68 2017-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Seniorcoca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71152 ft
Germany

I got my camera sometimes looking to the side like yours. This is due transportation. Just turn of the bird and turn your gimbal unit with a "little" pressure against the resistance point in the opposite direction. Will fix it for sure. It's really not a big deal.
2017-5-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Brian Liem Posted at 2017-5-4 09:21
Natalia, Please see attached photos

Manually rotate the gimbal in the opposite direction of the tilt until it reaches its limit. Do this several times, then check again.
Please keep me posted, thanks.
2017-5-4
Use props
Brian Liem
lvl.3
Flight distance : 882113 ft
United States

Natalia, After adjusting the gimbal as instructed I was able to get it more forward facing, still about 5 degrees off. I tried multiple times. Whats more disheartening is after one test flight, upon landing the gimbal is back pointing to the left. See photos...

Prior to flight

Prior to flight

after flight

after flight

After flight on bench

After flight on bench

After flight

After flight
2017-5-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Brian Liem Posted at 2017-5-8 12:34
Natalia, After adjusting the gimbal as instructed I was able to get it more forward facing, still about 5 degrees off. I tried multiple times. Whats more disheartening is after one test flight, upon landing the gimbal is back pointing to the left. See photos...

Sorry about it, I would suggest you to send it in since we have tried all basic troubleshooting, unfortunately, it does not help.
Please submit a case online: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-5-10
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Brian Liem Posted at 2017-5-4 09:21
Natalia, Please see attached photos

You did the gimbal calibration the camera facing the sky and the phantom resting on its back motors like shown in the earlier photos?
2017-5-10
Use props
Inspired UAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 337100 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WOW glad I came here I just got me a P4 Pro and noticed this on my first flight but having read this thread I am happy to say that the camera calibration with the camera pointing up fixed it first time trying thanks guys
2017-5-10
Use props
Brian Liem
lvl.3
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-5-10 02:47
You did the gimbal calibration the camera facing the sky and the phantom resting on its back motors like shown in the earlier photos?

Mobilcams, Yes Ive performed all the steps multiple times. Unfortunately for what ever reason It won't hold the position after flying.  
2017-5-10
Use props
Brian Liem
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-10 02:21
Sorry about it, I would suggest you to send it in since we have tried all basic troubleshooting, unfortunately, it does not help.
Please submit a case online: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

No apology needed Natalia, it's not your fault. I believe your right and it's time to send it in to the techs and let them figure it out. I as well as many here appreciate your efforts in helping us solve some of DJI's mystery's. Thank you.

Brian  
2017-5-10
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Brian Liem Posted at 2017-5-10 08:51
No apology needed Natalia, it's not your fault. I believe your right and it's time to send it in to the techs and let them figure it out. I as well as many here appreciate your efforts in helping us solve some of DJI's mystery's.  Thank you.

Brian

I hope they figure out for you man.. Sounds like something in the mounting is right at this point. Now though, you know what to do if it is leaning a little one way when you get it back. It corrected mine on both my P4 and P4P.. I love that little Easter Egg.. I wonder how many more there are haha..
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Brian Liem Posted at 2017-5-10 08:51
No apology needed Natalia, it's not your fault. I believe your right and it's time to send it in to the techs and let them figure it out. I as well as many here appreciate your efforts in helping us solve some of DJI's mystery's.  Thank you.

Brian

Brian, thank you very much for your understanding, the engineers will help you evaluate it and get it fixed.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
2017-5-11
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

This works for one flight and the camera is crooked again. Is there a real fix for this?
2017-6-20
Use props
Kokok
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1802159 ft
Philippines

Hi,

So after the gimbal calibration with the camera facing skywards, do you have to perform a normal gimbal calibration with the aircraft on its feet (normal position)?

Thanks!
2017-7-25
Use props
fans4e49272e
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-9 00:23
Please power it off , then hold gimbal by your hand and rotate it to the left until it reaches its limit for several time since your camera is tilted to the right slightly.
Then please calibrate gimbal with the drone sitting on it's back, so the camera is pointing to the sky directly (assume the direction that the normal-functioning-camera is pointing to as front).

Hi, I did just this because my camera was pointing 3 degrees to left. unfortunately it did not work and now it is 45 degrees to left. Any suggestion. I tried many different calibration but still it stays to left.
2017-9-27
Use props
BaerEssentials
United States

Gosh how I wish there were a permanent solution for this.  I, like most of you, experience that the fix only works for one flight!
2017-9-27
Use props
fans4e49272e
lvl.1
Finland

BaerEssentials Posted at 2017-9-27 09:58
Gosh how I wish there were a permanent solution for this.  I, like most of you, experience that the fix only works for one flight!

I also get the gimbal overload error. Is there any position or angle to the drone  I have to calibrate my gimbal to get it back to pointing straighter. even the 3 degree tilt would be great. Otherwise I just have to film my left landing gear.
2017-9-27
Use props
fans4e49272e
lvl.1
Finland

Please power it off , then hold gimbal by your hand and rotate it to the left until it reaches its limit for several time since your camera is tilted to the right slightly.
Then please calibrate gimbal with the drone sitting on it's back, so the camera is pointing to the sky directly (assume the direction that the normal-functioning-camera is pointing to as front).

Hi.
I did as you advised but the problem is now even worse. Gimbal now points 45 degrees to left. yesterday I got the gimbal overload error message but now it says gimbal status normal. Gimbal still point to left landing gear. Any advice to fix this. I have tried countless of imu compass and gimbal calibration with no success.
2017-9-27
Use props
fans4e49272e
lvl.1
Finland

fans4e49272e Posted at 2017-9-27 21:50
Hi.
I did as you advised but the problem is now even worse. Gimbal now points 45 degrees to left. yesterday I got the gimbal overload error message but now it says gimbal status normal. Gimbal still point to left landing gear. Any advice to fix this. I have tried countless of imu compass and gimbal calibration with no success.

2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Braly
lvl.1
United States

I tried doing the gimbal calibration with the device sitting at 90 degrees and the gimbal only jerked over to the side and said it was overloaded. This is a P3S model. When on all 4 legs, the camera is pointing left a few degrees.

How do you use the Recenter Gimbal function in the DJI Go app?
2017-12-5
Use props
IamWedge
First Officer
Flight distance : 321398 ft
United States

I noticed this on mine as well. This is new out of the box. I read the thread and Im going to try to remedy it right now. Thanks All!  
2018-2-21
Use props
philmtx3
lvl.1
France

Hi all, I got the same issue on my P3P but this Nathalia's  tip didn't work for me. Finally I fixed it "mecanically". As the main  axis  got a flat part , it s not possible to adjust with the screw of the arm  the angle of the camera. So I made with a small part of aluminium - a kind of compensation of the axis - and then I was able to rotate the camera in the opposite direction of the bad angle, and use the screw to immobilize it in the new position ...  and it works !!! As it's mecanical it is not changed by any stop / start of recalibration. If some of you are interested I can post some photos.
Note that I solved it on my side - after a lot of trials - but I really think  it's non sense that DJI didn't plan in his software the way of adjusting this angle.  Having a camera not align is really painfull and ruins the videos. DJI please include this in your next firmware versions including the still very populas P3. It's not professionnal not having it and when I see the length of this thread it is definitely NOT an isolated issue.
thx for taking this in account.
2018-5-10
Use props
fansa0c5e2e3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82956 ft
United States

philmtx3 Posted at 2018-5-10 04:17
Hi all, I got the same issue on my P3P but this Nathalia's  tip didn't work for me. Finally I fixed it "mecanically". As the main  axis  got a flat part , it s not possible to adjust with the screw of the arm  the angle of the camera. So I made with a small part of aluminium - a kind of compensation of the axis - and then I was able to rotate the camera in the opposite direction of the bad angle, and use the screw to immobilize it in the new position ...  and it works !!! As it's mecanical it is not changed by any stop / start of recalibration. If some of you are interested I can post some photos.
Note that I solved it on my side - after a lot of trials - but I really think  it's non sense that DJI didn't plan in his software the way of adjusting this angle.  Having a camera not align is really painfull and ruins the videos. DJI please include this in your next firmware versions including the still very populas P3. It's not professionnal not having it and when I see the length of this thread it is definitely NOT an isolated issue.
thx for taking this in account.

I have the same issue on my P3A and have tried may suggestions but when I pad up I see the left motor
2018-5-16
Use props
Dr. Afro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28117 ft
United States

Then please calibrate gimbal with the drone sitting on it's back, so the camera is pointing to the sky directly (assume the direction that the normal-functioning-camera is pointing to as front).

Natalia will this work for the mavic pro as well? I am having the same issue with the mavic I want to give it a try
2018-6-17
Use props
Dr. Afro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28117 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-27 23:35
Here is  a picture for your reference:

Natalia will this work for the mavic pro as well? I am having the same issue with the mavic I want to give it a try
2018-6-17
Use props
sking001
lvl.1

Hi All, Thanks for all the comments, I tried both the normal and on it's back gimble calibrations. plus i did a camera reset and all of these seem to have solved the problem.
2018-7-13
Use props
helioguerra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133376 ft
Brazil

BrianKushner Posted at 2017-6-20 19:33
This works for one flight and the camera is crooked again. Is there a real fix for this?

Same problem here...

I figure out this a method to "force" center position of YAW angle but isnt concerne with realltiy.

After this alignment I took a photogrammetric flight and my error in the north stayed within 5 meters while in EAST and Altitude <1m

Anyone found the resolution of this problem?
2018-7-16
Use props
fans862d46fe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83832 ft
  • >>>
United States

mine is doing the same exact thing...
2019-4-23
Use props
JHE84
New

Finland

It is so hilarious reading all these comments. I've had Phantom 3 advanced since january 2016 and the gimbal has been twitching and pointing to left all the time. I've always wondered if I should have been better of getting a phantom 4, but it seems that it basically has all the same faults that Phantom 3 has.
2021-2-12
Use props
flybie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2005499 ft
South Africa

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-7 02:02
This issue may occur if the gimbal is skewed due to shaking in transportation, and the rubber gimbal ring moves toward one side. To fix this issue, manually rotate the gimbal in the opposite direction of the tilt until it reaches its limit. Do this several times, and the gimbal should be centered.

My goodness this worked for my P4Pro, after a repair.  Would never have thought.  Can only be done in powerup mode.  Nice one DJI Natalia.
2022-3-9
Use props
mobilmixxa
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

i solved this problem. 1) wd40 for the night or engine oil. 2) heat 200 degrees and carefully separate the magnet in a circle with a blade 3) when I cut through the entire magnet, after using the hook we pull the magnet evenly from different sides
2022-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules