Attaching Nano tracker
1011 5 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Simon Child
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153852 ft
United Kingdom

I have a Nano tracker coming to me soon (thank you eBay!). So my question is how best to attach it to my P4?

Is this product from eBay a good option? Or should I use velcro, or superglue, or duct tape, or...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252402762594

2017-3-7
Use props
jakobe
lvl.1

United States

use the bracket, velcro could rip off when it falls through trees.
2017-3-7
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

I also think the bracket is good, but you may want a piece of Velcro added to the top, if it does crash maybe it'll stay in the bracket better.
2017-3-7
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

I would also think velcro over the existing pictured bracket is smart, in cases for when the drone may "tumble" through the air rather than fly upright.

Just somewhat of curiosity...dependent on the weight of the tracker/bracket combo, would a counterweight for the other side be needed? Would the 2 rotors on the tracker side be overworked?
2017-3-7
Use props
Simon Child
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The nano tracker weighs 50g, I don't know what the plastic frame will weigh. But I agree balance is something to consider.

I have two further concerns about using this frame

1. These eBay 3D-printed parts are not always a very good fit, so there could be a risk of it falling off in flight (even without hitting any trees!)

2. Mounted vertically like that it will act as a sail to catch any side-wind! This might destabilise it more than any uncorrected weight imbalance, and may add to any effect of weight imbalance.

So I wonder whether duct-taping it to one side might be best.

Would duct-taping it to the top work? Would that interfere with P4 own GPS, or with aerodynamics? Taping on top would have the advantage of being central so no weight imbalance (though it would raise the centre of gravity a little).

2017-3-7
Use props
Simon Child
lvl.4
United Kingdom

And yes, I also thought that unless it is a tight fit in that holder then fixing it into the holder would be sensible.
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules