FPV Goggles Any good one out there
1924 5 2015-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

I have been looking to get a pair og FPV Goggles, but as I understand the FAA does not want you to use them because you don't have a direct line of sight of your Drone.

I have looked at the Epson, but support is so bad, that I would not bay anything from them at this time. Customer  service is real bad. I talked to 4 rep. and only one had any ideal wwith the product was, and that one person told me that it does not work the way they said it would work, and that is why they call it a developer verson, and that is the only one they have at this time. So for $700, I don't think it is worth it at this time.

I like the  Fat Shark Attitude V2 as it runs about $465, but then you have the issue with the FAA,

Do anyone know of a pair like the Epson BT-200, but will work like the  Fat Shark Attitude V2? or should I just "forget about it"

2015-2-23
Use props
isaiahbrock7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98934 ft
United States

Sorry to get off topic here, but i don't get how FAA knows when you cant see the drone in a line of sight. And when you went above the maximum height limit, how can they know that you broke a rule when there not even near you?  I have heard people getting fined for this, but how do they fine them when FAA representatives aren't even around you when your flying??
2015-2-23
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

isaiahbrock7@gm Posted at 2015-2-24 09:45
Sorry to get off topic here, but i don't get how FAA knows when you cant see the drone in a line of  ...

That is a very good point. But after spending 20 years in the US Army, going by the rules are normal for a guy like me. It only takes one time, and with people always wanting to turn you in for something that they don't like you doing. It only take a call, or a cop that does not you you flying a drone.

To many people just don't understand drones, and they think you will be spying on them, they just go off.

But I do understand what you are saying. I also now see that on some of the YouTube videos that talk about FPV goggle, are now telling you that the FAA has a rule about it, so they are now doing a lot of CYA.
2015-2-23
Use props
rivera_albert
lvl.3
Flight distance : 377966 ft
United States

I'm using the fat shark with my phantom vision 2 plus, I got a hdmi to composite video mini board, wired it to the fat shark transmitter, connected the iphone 6 with a lightning to hdmi  to the board,  I got wireless video from the iphone to the fat shark, works great
2015-2-23
Use props
Humboldt710
lvl.2

United States

I have used the Fatshark Dominator V1's and V2's and I use the V2's now with the goggle mod. Awesome video clarity and on board DVR is nice.

My Hanger
Phantom 2w/H3-3D gimbal & GoPro Hero3+, 600mw 5.8vtx w/VAS BB Ultra, iOSDMini, Large Skids
Phantom 2 w/600tvl, 600mw 5.8vtx w/VAS BB Ultra, V2ESC's, MultiStar 2212 Motors, iOSD Mini, Custom Wood Skids &Paint
Lumenier QAV250 Carbon on 4S, Cobra 2204/1960Motors, KISS 18a ESC's, Aero Guard, CF Camera Mount, CC3D, FrSkyD4R-II, Mobius
Blackout Fearless Mini H on 4S, Cobra 2204/1960Motors, KISS 18a ESC's, Naze32, FrSkyD4R-II, Mobius
Hubsan X4 Stock mini racer, Hubsan X4107DNon FPV(now) racer project, Taranis X9D w/external Antenna & 2200mah lipo, Dominator V2's w/goggle mod
Check Out My http://www.youtube.com/humboldt710 Channel
2015-2-23
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
United States

Humboldt710 Posted at 2015-2-24 14:23
I have used the Fatshark Dominator V1's and V2's and I use the V2's now with the goggle mod. Awesome ...

Thank you for the tip and information
2015-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules