Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gold Seal Ground School any good?
1558 8 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

I want to get my 107 cert and was wondering if Gold Seal was any good or if anyone could point me in the direction of a program that helped them out at all?
2017-3-7
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Gold Seal is a standard for flight instruction based on the number of students taught and the percentage of students who pass on their first check ride. A school or an instructor can be Gold Seal. It is a good indication of the effort they put forth. But, I don't think you need a school if you're okay at self study. In that case, there are plenty of resources already posted on the forum for apps/websites to study.
2017-3-7
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

shawn_ Posted at 2017-3-7 06:12
Gold Seal is a standard for flight instruction based on the number of students taught and the percentage of students who pass on their first check ride. A school or an instructor can be Gold Seal. It is a good indication of the effort they put forth. But, I don't think you need a school if you're okay at self study. In that case, there are plenty of resources already posted on the forum for apps/websites to study.

Yeah I am not good at self study haha..  I have ADD and I have to have it in front of me in a way that makes sense.. Thank you btw!!
2017-3-7
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

I know you mentioned above that you aren't keen on self-study, but there are several youtube videos I have seen which walks you through different sections of the 107 test. You can pause, take notes, google terms/phrases that you don't understand, & then get back to the video. Also, I have found at least 3 practice tests online (20-30 questions each) for the part 107 test that I have found very useful...answers for the questions are available also.
Understandably our study habits may be different, but I plan to put in about 15-20'ish hours of serious cramming prior to registering for the test. 63 questions on the test, with 60 of those questions being scored.

As for "schools", Drone Pilot Ground School is advertised quite a bit throughout the forums & youtube videos claiming they have a very high success rate of understanding the knowledge & passing the test. Main reason why I haven't jumped on it & don't necessarily plan to is because of the price...
2017-3-7
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

TPVAerials Posted at 2017-3-7 07:32
I know you mentioned above that you aren't keen on self-study, but there are several youtube videos I have seen which walks you through different sections of the 107 test. You can pause, take notes, google terms/phrases that you don't understand, & then get back to the video. Also, I have found at least 3 practice tests online (20-30 questions each) for the part 107 test that I have found very useful...answers for the questions are available also.
Understandably our study habits may be different, but I plan to put in about 15-20'ish hours of serious cramming prior to registering for the test. 63 questions on the test, with 60 of those questions being scored.

Yes the price is quite high.. But then again so if failing the test and having to spend another 150 to take it again..  Do you mind sharing any of the resources you have found? I have seen a lot of different videos on Youtube, but I can't make sense of any particular order to watch them.
2017-3-7
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

Hopefully posting these links won't get be in trouble...& if it does, please somebody who views this let me know, & I will delete!

This link has tons of content & a practice test that has been helpful for me: http://part107pilot.com/study-guide/
Answers here: http://part107pilot.com/wp-conte ... ce_Exam_Answers.pdf

This is basic material & the categories to study prior to taking the test. It also has all the information you need directing you how to register, where to take the test, & what to do after passing: https://www.faa.gov/training_tes ... emote_pilot_ktg.pdf

This link is provided directly by the FAA, which goes in-depth on many of the subjects: https://www.faa.gov/regulations_ ... lot_study_guide.pdf

I'm currently not at home or I would also provide the youtube videos that I found. A couple of the videos were right around an hour long...but without searching right now, I can't provide an exact link.

Like you mentioned before, spending $150 & failing the test, only to be required to spend another $150 definitely isn't the ideal way to go about it! Either study your butt off the first time & pass on your own, or research some of the online/in-person "schools", pay that cost, & then determine what is your best route.
Hope this helps!
2017-3-7
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-3-7 07:46
Yes the price is quite high.. But then again so if failing the test and having to spend another 150 to take it again..  Do you mind sharing any of the resources you have found? I have seen a lot of different videos on Youtube, but I can't make sense of any particular order to watch them.

I just posted a response but forgot to direct it to you! This way you'll be notified
2017-3-7
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

TPVAerials Posted at 2017-3-7 09:06
I just posted a response but forgot to direct it to you! This way you'll be notified

Thank you sooo much!! I will give it a go for sure!
2017-3-7
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

And I am not in Canada! I don't know why it says that still! haaha
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules