6747 41 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please use this thread for all user feedback and comments on new Phantom 4 Pro / Pro+ Firmware version V 01.03.0418 07MAR2017

Phantom 4 Pro/Pro+ Release Notes  http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-proCopyright © 2017 DJI All Rights Reserved.
Date : 2017.03.07
Aircraft Firmware : V 01.03.0418
Phantom 4 Pro Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.4.0.0
Phantom 4 Pro+ Remote Controller Firmware : V 1.1.3.0
DJI GO 4 App iOS : V 4.0.5 DJI GO 4 App Android : V 4.0.4

What’s New?
 Updated No-Fly Zone Management.
 Added lock gimbal function to fix the gimbal to its current position.
 Added AFC function to support continuous auto focus when switching between scenes.
 Upgraded D-Log color mode to extend dynamic range.

Questions to P4Pro Users - does this firmware address the following reported issues (even though they are NOT listed in the What's New list):
- P4Pro rising above programmed RTH height on some RTH return flights
- Gimbal horizon level during hover (after IMU and gimbal calibrations) but tilting with increasing speed forwards or sideways
- Frequent erroneous High Wind Warnings

Any other fixes?
Any new Features?
2017-3-7
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Along with the P4 Pro + issues....lag and app crashing!
2017-3-7
Use props
fans7efcc3c6
lvl.2
Hungary

P4P lag when 4k recording..........There  are half years error and P4P useless without 4k recording.
One month and P5 ...................

2017-3-7
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

or losing signal and lagging
or overexposed photos
or vanished photos
oh ... and dear DJI, try to record, then press play to see if they are there (video will not play to see it) and then go back to live view ... its blank!
Solution: You then need to go back in to play and exit then press photo to get it back. Not very nice while in a flight.
PS: did all calibrations and using an Android. ;)
2017-3-7
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

Is anybody from DJI able to elaborate about "Updated No-Fly Zone Management"? I would be really interested to learn more details.
2017-3-7
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-3-7 13:20
Is anybody from DJI able to elaborate about "Updated No-Fly Zone Management"? I would be really interested to learn more details.

Yes - I would be interested as well. It is a separate, optional update after todays firmware upgrade.
Interesting that this update is not a MUST. I haven't install it yet.

NFZ.png
2017-3-7
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-3-7 13:28
Yes - I would be interested as well. It is a separate, optional update after todays firmware upgrade.

How do I get to this screen in the app?
2017-3-7
Use props
J_L Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57894 ft
United States

I found a somewhat temp fix for the issue with the lag. I noticed that when I format the sd card from the dji app everytime im going to fly i experience almost no lag
2017-3-7
Use props
J_L Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57894 ft
United States

Let me know if this helps
2017-3-7
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-3-7 15:23
How do I get to this screen in the app?

That screen appears after completion of firmware upgrade - at least ony my device being an Android.
2017-3-7
Use props
AdrianoGosy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4795699 ft
Brazil

Friends, I did 3 things that turned out positively, I do not know which one made it work, but it worked!

1 downloaded the file with the dji page set to the first oriental language (Chinese I think)

2 formatted the SD that was in FAT for EXFAT

3 I connected the rc in the charger

Finally everything worked out !!!
Thank you for your help
2017-3-7
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-3-7 16:04
That screen appears after completion of firmware upgrade - at least ony my device being an Android.

I updated it with DJI assistant on my PC, so I haven't even run the app. When it was done I connected the drone to the RC, but there was no such message, so now I don't even know if the NFZ database has been also updated, or not.  I wish DHI planned it in a more user controllable way.
2017-3-7
Use props
JayOne
lvl.2
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-3-7 13:28

what kind of restrictions we are going to have with this update???
2017-3-7
Use props
Helimage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144140 ft
Finland

I think the gimbal issues cannot be fixed with a firmware update, it's simply bad hardware. Better luck with the next model. Also, the reason for constant wind warnings might be that DJI can expire your warranty in every single case and say: "It was a pilot error, the app clearly showed a wind warning." Who knows.
2017-3-7
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

 Added lock gimbal function to fix the gimbal to its current position.

Can somebody explain in more detail the above function?
2017-3-7
Use props
PKPhantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275276 ft
United States

**Added lock gimbal function to fix the gimbal to its current position***

This is what interests me the most.  I would also like to know exactly what this means? Is the HORIZON TILT problem finally addressed on this firmware update?

I can handle the rest of the problems. But HORIZON TILT? No way!
2017-3-7
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

I also would like to know what this lock gimbal function does.
2017-3-8
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the gimbal is still following the aircraft movement, or pitching, it locks it whilst image is taken, then resumes it's path of movement,
2017-3-8
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

Viridis Posted at 2017-3-8 02:22
If the gimbal is still following the aircraft movement, or pitching, it locks it whilst image is taken, then resumes it's path of movement,

So far no issues here. Fingers crossed!
2017-3-8
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Netherlands

Viridis Posted at 2017-3-8 02:22

So far no issues here. Fingers crossed!
2017-3-8
Use props
JoiCam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 771434 ft
Iceland

Thanks Viridis
I will also have my fingers crossed and do the upgrade to night.
2017-3-8
Use props
ROBERTO SMERA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42619744 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

CyFA Posted at 2017-3-7 11:47
or losing signal and lagging
or overexposed photos
or vanished photos

Hi CyFa,
The overexposure issue seems to be fixed on my Phantom. Tried the camera yesterday after updating and the pictures were perfectly exposed.
2017-3-8
Use props
kykphantom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

PKPhantom Posted at 2017-3-7 23:08
**Added lock gimbal function to fix the gimbal to its current position***

This is what interests me the most.  I would also like to know exactly what this means? Is the HORIZON TILT problem finally addressed on this firmware update?

I am sorry, no good news for you. TILTED HORIZON is still a problem, even after the latest firmware upgrade, IMU calibration, etc...
2017-3-8
Use props
UltraDan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

kykphantom Posted at 2017-3-8 09:39
I am sorry, no good news for you. TILTED HORIZON is still a problem, even after the latest firmware upgrade, IMU calibration, etc...

even with gimbal lock?
2017-3-8
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

It is strange that they fixed problems that noone has had. I suppose the continuous auto focus will eliminate the need to tap to focus on close subjects, so there is that.
2017-3-8
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

P4P+ Posted at 2017-3-8 09:59
It is strange that they fixed problems that noone has had. I suppose the continuous auto focus will eliminate the need to tap to focus on close subjects, so there is that.

I bad! There was no lag our breakup when recording in 4K 30 so that seems to be fixed and the active track record mode seems to be fixed. I will have to recharge and run another test to make sure it is not just luck.
2017-3-8
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

P4P+ Posted at 2017-3-8 10:24
I bad! There was no lag our breakup when recording in 4K 30 so that seems to be fixed and the active track record mode seems to be fixed. I will have to recharge and run another test to make sure it is not just luck.

The video size switching does still occur when going into active track mode, so that is the same as it was. BUT no more laggy/artifacty 4k transmission on the screen while recording in 4K!
2017-3-8
Use props
PKPhantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275276 ft
United States

kykphantom Posted at 2017-3-8 09:39

That's a real bummer! I was all excited for nothing. SMH
2017-3-8
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

To note, the update now has the screen showing the actual color name instead of calling them Film-x.  I tried dlog but to me it looked very over exposed.
2017-3-8
Use props
RodneyDangerous
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-8
Use props
UltraDan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

What I can't understand is why can't you just map the horizon gimbal tilt to one of the scroll wheels so you can adjust it on the fly when it starts to move? I think Dji have missed a trick here.
2017-3-8
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-3-7 20:08
I updated it with DJI assistant on my PC, so I haven't even run the app. When it was done I connected the drone to the RC, but there was no such message, so now I don't even know if the NFZ database has been also updated, or not.  I wish DHI planned it in a more user controllable way.

For P4P+
You can only update the NFZ database if you have installed DJI Assistant 2 V1.1 that is available on the Phantom 4 Pro downloads section of the DJI website. Connect your aircraft to PC and run Assistant 2 V1.1 and the NFZ database update screen will automatically appear giving you the choice to install or ignore.
2017-3-8
Use props
fansba0fd9bf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77641 ft
United States

So despite some of the issues that weren't addressed or fixed in this release.    Has anyone actually flown their P4P without any problems after updating?

2017-3-8
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansba0fd9bf Posted at 2017-3-8 13:33
So despite some of the issues that weren't addressed or fixed in this release.    Has anyone actually flown their P4P without any problems after updating?

Not me. I just flew mine with the latest update on my Shield K1 running Android 6. Video feed artifacts and grey rectangles cover a third of the screen intermittently. Disabling video cache helps but artifacts still show sometimes.
2017-3-8
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

UltraDan Posted at 2017-3-8 12:41
What I can't understand is why can't you just map the horizon gimbal tilt to one of the scroll wheels so you can adjust it on the fly when it starts to move? I think Dji have missed a trick here.

Litchi offers that option:
C2 button hold + exposure compensation dial
2017-3-12
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Netherlands

One flight after update, but I skipped the No-Fly Zone database update. Flawless flight with GS Pro. Very stable, no tilted horizon (but I never had any issues there).
2017-3-12
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

I made several flights in the past two days having the latest updates:
- No changes regarding horizon tilt problem.
- App crashed once while being airborne which ended in tablet restarting (Nvidia K1 with Marshmallow)! Only RTH button saved the bird.
- No changes regarding video lag on screen. Tried numerous options regarding SD cards, formatting from within the app, caching disabled, no screen recording, stopping all other processes on the tablet.
- "Large Wind Velocity Warning" seems to be realistic now. It ocurred in calm winds when I suddenly stopped horizontal flying in P-mode. The jolt that came with it was apparently registered by the system as wind gusts.
I had wind warnings today while flying in Bft 4 winds and I guess those warnings are justified :-)
Aah - I forgot: I dont get these messages anymore: "Breaking now. Return sticks to midpoints first"

Having read a lot in other forums in the past days it appears that main issues have not been resolved. No major overhaul at all.

Still I love my Phantom. I will struggle - her and I will get through this. I don't let these issues get me down.

Bird.jpg
2017-3-12
Use props
airspace_media
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190 ft
Australia

UltraDan Posted at 2017-3-8 12:41

if you hold C2 and use the right scroll wheel you can adjust do a gimbal horizon adjustment but it doesn't always stick 100%

2017-3-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I took my P4P (with new firmware) up twice last weekend, and videoed for each whole session. No problems with the flights - very responsive and it went where I wanted. There was a momentary hiccup with video connection, but that was it - craft was never more than 250m away from me anyway, but I was flying near a hill with some serious telecomm dishes so I expected the worst.

One thing I was very happy about was the video quality - everything stayed sharp (due to AFC?) and the horizon perfectly level through-out despite some tight turns and stops.  Sadly, I couldn't say the same thing for my P4 - horizon was out-of-whack for most of its flight...

Firmware update was done using Assistant 2 v1.1.0 on the PC (I Never update craft via controller), and update initiated as soon after the craft is turned on as I can achieve (so it's never hot). Only calibration I did following was for VPS, then on a flat surface for the gimbal. It didn't need IMU nor compass, so wasn't done.
2017-3-13
Use props
Arimese
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1172343 ft
  • >>>
United States

Losing signal this is 6 of 6 really and I'm on a vacation for this purpose
2017-3-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced