2465 12 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

I received an email from Litchi today giving a warning for those who are using Litchi with several DJI drones. There is currently a conflict with the latest firmware & the Litchi app which can cause the drone to behave erratically.
Full message below:

"Dear Litchi Pilots,

There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.

The Litchi Team"

Fly safe everyone.

2017-3-7
Use props
RtinTN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 469734 ft

United States

Gosh, I dont think I ever got anything like this for the DJIGo app.
2017-3-7
Use props
Devildog9999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73865 ft
United States

RtinTN Posted at 2017-3-7 11:37
Gosh, I dont think I ever got anything like this for the DJIGo app.

Because DJI never actually warns us. lol  
2017-3-7
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know Litchi with pre v01.03.0418 and the P4P didn't handle Active Track very well for me. I wonder if this is a result of that issue.
2017-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Might give litchi a rest foe awhile, good they give a warning..
2017-3-7
Use props
blackcrusader
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Devildog9999 Posted at 2017-3-7 11:50
Because DJI never actually warns us. lol

Actually DJI did but as people would not upgrade DJI were forced to stop the drones flying until the APP was updated.

DJI also replaced drones with the fly away issue to many people on these forums.  I wonder if Litchi will do the same for those whose erratic drones crashed or were otherwise lost.
2017-3-7
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-7 12:36
Actually DJI did but as people would not upgrade DJI were forced to stop the drones flying until the APP was updated.

DJI also replaced drones with the fly away issue to many people on these forums.  I wonder if Litchi will do the same for those whose erratic drones crashed or were otherwise lost.

Please consider that Litchi is not a drone manufacturer and they have no influence whatsoever on the new firmware releases by DJI. They are just trying to develop an alternative software for flying the drones, which will always depend on the compatibility with the firmware. Personally, I like their software, because in many ways it's more advanced, reliable and ergonomic than DJI's apps. The fact that they issued the warning message just hours after the new firmware has been released is a proof for me that they really care about their customers, which we can't always say about DJI, with numerous examples available around this forum. Also, I really enjoy having some choice as far as app controlling the drone is concerned. As we all know competition and free market can spur some great progress in any field.

Thank you Litchi and keep up your great work!
2017-3-7
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

autopilot too

Current Issues

There is currently an issue with the latest DJI firmware for the Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2 which causes erratic flight behavior in Autopilot. We do not recommend* using Autopilot with these aircraft types until a resolution has been found for this issue. If you are using firmware 01.03.0200 or below, you should not see these issues.

* It is still possible to safely use Human Flight Control Modes and Waypoint Mode as long as Lost Connection is set to Continue Mission (LCMC).
2017-3-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-3-7 13:09
Please consider that Litchi is not a drone manufacturer and they have no influence whatsoever on the new firmware releases by DJI. They are just trying to develop an alternative software for flying the drones, which will always depend on the compatibility with the firmware. Personally, I like their software, because in many ways it's more advanced, reliable and ergonomic than DJI's apps. The fact that they issued the warning message just hours after the new firmware has been released is a proof for me that they really care about their customers, which we can't always say about DJI, with numerous examples available around this forum. Also, I really enjoy having some choice as far as app controlling the drone is concerned. As we all know competition and free market can spur some great progress in any field.

Thank you Litchi and keep up your great work!

It's true - Litchi relies on DJI Software Development Kit APIs to interface their app to the craft's firmware. After that it's up to the craft to respond in the way thaat the app wants it to. My guess is that for those specific modes (what's in common, I wonder), DJI has introduced some bad code so that the craft response is not as it should be - hence 'erratic behaviour'.

It's good that Litchi are fast to call it out. I hope DJI are responsive to fix this.

Edit: If Autopilot is affected too, then this just shows I'm correct.
2017-3-7
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

so can i get a refund then. i know dont ask here just sayin
2017-3-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Steve-76 Posted at 2017-3-7 16:54

Why would you? It's unlikely to be Litchi's issue, and I'm sure that DJI will resolve it ASAP. Further, it's only certain flight modes which are affected, and you don't know yet whether DJI GO's equivalent is affected either (other than VR, which it doesn't offer yet). So if you want to do Waypoint Missions with Litchi, sounds like you still can.
2017-3-7
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Folks, it's not a Litchi issue, it affects Autopilot too, and it's a problem with DJI's API interface in their firmware. Thank Litchi for pointing it out which is historically not what DJI has ever done. The "Don't shoot the messenger" applies here peeps.
2017-3-7
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

Steve-76 Posted at 2017-3-7 16:54

Can I get a refund for my car if I feed its gas engine with diesel?
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules