Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

DJI GO 4 V4.0.6 For iOS Release Note

Release Date:  March 16th, 2017
DJI GO 4 for iOS: v4.0.6

What's new?

Inspire 2:
  • Fixed display for gimbal settings on “Slave” remote controller.
Editor:
  • Optimized video editing experience (excluding videos in 16:9 resolution).
General:
  • Fixed bugs causing occasional crashes.
  • Fixed bugs causing erroneous “Growth of Value” display for some user accounts.
  • Added “Check for Update” feature in General Settings
  • Updated options in Color Mode.

DJI GO 4 v4.0.5 for IOS has been released.

Release Date: March 3rd, 2017
DJI GO 4 for iOS:v4.0.5

You are welcome to update the DJI GO 4 and share your experience with us.

Note: The new functions will be provided with new firmware.

What's new?

Mavic Pro:
- Added feature that preciously record takeoff point.
- Increase max flight speed to 15m/s in ActiveTrack.
- Added support for simultaneous control of aircraft by Primary and Secondary remote controllers.
- Added Status Check for propulsion system (motor and propellers).

Phantom 4 Pro:
- Added precise record function of takeoff point.
- Added thumbnail at right bottom corner of FPV display during Draw Mode.
- Added notification when pressing locked right gimbal dial.

Inspire 2:
- Added CSG switch in TapFly.
- Added Profile Mode in ActiveTrack.
- Added support for setting speed and Yaw Smoothness in Tripod Mode.
- Added support for naming customized gimbal settings.
- Optimized smart LED settings.
- Added FPV display for DJI Go 4 (smartphone version).
- Added Gimbal direction diagram in FPV display..
- Added auto repair function when landing gear fails.
- Added Color Waveform function.
- Added notification when installing counterweight ring for gimbal stabilization.

Editor:
- Added Free Eye feature, which enables image slideshow.
- Added Reserve filter, Curve mode and Video Reverse mode. Updated music library.
- Added Total Reset feature in AutoEdit.

General:

- Added support to save video in mobile device cache when SD card is full or or unavailable.
- Updated oval flight restriction zones and strategy for airports in Mainland China, including both sides of airplane runway extensions.
- Added audio recording function while caching vide.
- App available now in Korean.

2017-3-7
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Since this Post was not put in the inspire forum... ill put it in here...
I was wondering if the FPV options and HDMI can be looked at and changed for the Inspire 2?

1: I was wondering if we could get back the ability to resize the FPV again?

2: Can you make it that the FPV can be output via HDMI?

My goal is to be able to have a field monitor for either FPV / X5s and use the iPad for the other cam.

Also, just found out about the Color waveform in the new version of DJI Go 4, which is a great feature to have, but one issue is it takes place of the FPV camera window. so it renders the FPV useless. an easy fix for this would to be able to allow FPV out via HDMI.
I know the I2 was pushed to be more focused as a single op capable machine (which it is) But I feel this would be one huge improvement for a single op setup.
Thank you,
-Andre
2017-3-8
Use props
fans3908b0fb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132923 ft
Australia

Phantom 4 got abandoned sooner than i thought...
2017-3-10
Use props
fans8bd2b97c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 264541 ft
United Kingdom

Please fix the broken GO4 app for us 'left behind' P4 users before crawing about new features.................
2017-3-14
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

C'mon DJI. For the love of all that is good in the world. There are features showing on our Phantom 4s that do not work at all. As of right now, it's a significant bug. Surely that deserves some sort of comment or statement as to what's going on?

Just a simple sentence explaining if or when we can expect these features to be made available??
2017-3-14
Use props
fans55ae5496
lvl.4

United States

Welcome to the lovely world of DJI. A world where each successive product is not something to be proud of. Rather, it is merely a prototype they sell us in order to do testing of features for future products.

I have NEVER dealt with a company as horrible as this one is terms of actually shipping a product that does what they told us it would do.
2017-3-14
Use props
udaykn05
lvl.2
India

Anything uodates coming for Android????
2017-3-16
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

So there is another update that happened right after 4.0.5? I don't have my P4P (sent out for gimbal issues) but I am curious if we still have the "precious" take off check box in the auto takeoff option haha.. Can someone tell me? lol
2017-3-16
Use props
Dutch kepple
lvl.1

United States

Phantom 4 ?
2017-3-18
Use props
Jgagich
New

United States

Does the DJI Go4 work with the iPhone 7 plus?
2017-3-20
Use props
Jgagich
New

United States

Does this new app work on a Phantom 3 standard?
2017-3-20
Use props
Hairy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5902 ft
United States

Jgagich Posted at 2017-3-20 13:05
Does this new app work on a Phantom 3 standard?

No. P4 and beyond.
2017-3-20
Use props
GEOLOSOPHY
lvl.1
United States

Is it possible to do photo capture, while set on interval, within a programmed 'orbit' pattern while using DJIGO4 with a Phantom4Pro?
2017-3-21
Use props
Kc2productions
New

United States

Why will it not work with iPad 4?
2017-3-23
Use props
fansab75c239
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16283 ft
Netherlands

I have got problems flying the Phantom 4 with my Ipad mini4 (cellular). When reading the compatibility of the latest software it states the Ipad Mini 4  IS compatible , but when I try to download / install it it says its not compatible for my device (IOS10.2.1) The older version tells me that I need to update the software.
My Phantom4 nearly crash landed last time due to setting new return to home points while in air and losing the connection / disconnected with the phantom within 80 meters  in line of sight. Comes to that the video stream is often scrambled with mainly green horizontal lines.
Please DJI fix these issues FAST, I have saved for a long time to be able to buy the PH4 together with the Ipad Mini4, but have not been able to fly more than 1 hour sins buying it!
I thought I was buying some high quality product & service, but up to now it is very disappointing.
2017-3-24
Use props
Olivier40300
New
Flight distance : 70069 ft
France

#Quick Reply Here#
2017-3-24
Use props
Olivier40300
New
Flight distance : 70069 ft
France

Your forget to mention the Amin new feature: mobile device disconnect from remote control randomly!!!!
2017-3-24
Use props
Temslie73
New
Flight distance : 1533924 ft
Australia

Hi does anyone know how to transfer or sync the flight darter information phone DJ I go to DJ I go App, is it possible?
2017-3-26
Use props
digitalintruder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

Olivier40300 Posted at 2017-3-24 22:06
Your forget to mention the Amin new feature: mobile device disconnect from remote control randomly!!!!

Glad to hear that it's not just an android thing.  (teasing, sorta.)
2017-3-28
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

2017-3-30
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

Posted this in a thread by itself for feedback also.
Anyone keeping the old FW and upgrading the app? Any problems ? My app was pushed  through without confirmation, so I'm stuck with the app.

My iOS devices auto updated to the latest DJI Go App 4.06 without asking me for confirmation.  I don't want to upgrade the Mavic and RC to the latest FW because of items taken away with the latest FW upgrade 1.0.3.050, mainly the ability to use throttle up to cancel landings (I know the work around is to turn off landing protection), and because the extreme braking for emergencies has been disabled when using pause button. With the latest firmware, 1.0.3.050,  pause is like letting off the sticks.  BTW, having compared both .04 and .05 FW, I've confirmed that there is no change in top speed. With both I can hit a bit over 40 with the right conditions.
Sooo....a question for pilots and MODS, is there harm or any problems (other than a reminder to upgrade the FW)  in leaving the app at the lastest  4.06 while running with older firmware on the Mavic and RC? Pilots please reply IF you have experience using the latest app with older FW.
2017-3-31
Use props
Luckyroo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2590305 ft
Thailand

Video editor - CURVE MODE

i have searched where poissible and can not find any help / explanation about this feature

i have tried it (ticking the box) and can not see and ovvious changes / effects ?
2017-4-1
Use props
Alex2017
New
Flight distance : 27428 ft
Netherlands

My app doesn't have all the option thet should have in the pull down menu.....please help!!
2017-4-6
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Alex2017 Posted at 2017-4-6 01:01
My app doesn't have all the option thet should have in the pull down menu.....please help!!

Keep in mind the app has to be connected to your Mavic for all settings to be accessible.
2017-4-6
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Temslie73 Posted at 2017-3-26 16:33
Hi does anyone know how to transfer or sync the flight darter information phone DJ I go to DJ I go App, is it possible?

Fight records (logs) can be sync'd to the DJI server using the Go App. Close the Go App and then open the Go 4 App sign into your email account and then sync the records from the DJI server. All flight records will be available (even unsupported aircraft)

Example, My P3P, Inspire 1 flight records are now in the Go 4 App

Rich
2017-4-7
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans06b77ccc Posted at 2017-3-31 07:04
Posted this in a thread by itself for feedback also.
Anyone keeping the old FW and upgrading the app? Any problems ? My app was pushed  through without confirmation, so I'm stuck with the app.

Yes, you can run older FW with the latest Go 4 App. If you crash DJI may not honor the warranty( case by case bases)

PS you can turn off the Auto update feature in general settings of the iOS and this way you are back in control of the software updates.

Rich
2017-4-8
Use props
Alex's Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5423 ft
United States

Did this fix the follow me feature indicating weak gps signal?
2017-4-12
Use props
Flipperman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4224925 ft
Spain

I'm loving the Editor but want to use full size movie files. There's an option to download from the Mavic (or other drone) when connected but that takes far too long. I thought I would be able to use the 'Import' option and transfer the full size video via iTunes to my iPad, then 'Import Local Videos' but its not recognising any of my imported files, even though my iPad videos app is showing them on the ipad as home videos.

Any ideas where the DJI4 app is looking for local video in iOS app ?
2017-4-14
Use props
DroneReaper
New
Australia

Hi. Downloaded DJI GO4 to IPAD(4), though it says will not install due to, Not compatible with the device.. Any Help here Please. Is there a different DJI program for ipad4 ?
2017-4-15
Use props
DroneReaper
New
Australia

DroneReaper Posted at 2017-4-15 21:12
Hi. Downloaded DJI GO4 to IPAD(4), though it says will not install due to, Not compatible with the device.. Any Help here Please. Is there a different DJI program for ipad4 ?

It seems the processor is not capable, so it look like a new Ipad also.
I imagine an A9 processor for ipad will suffice.....
2017-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules