Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO app crashing
27034 59 2017-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3c5a0641
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2073258 ft
United States

I've run background testing while flying my mavic. I also get the random app "crashes" but it doesn't log as a crash.
P4 app is an absolute RAM HOG and it seems that Android is choosing what to close and since the app is gobbling all the resources Android decides that's the problem and closes GO4 at approximately 90% RAM used. This is what the developers need to look into. I believe this would definitely HELP not necessarily fix but definitely help.
2017-8-2
Use props
edstrings
New

United Kingdom

I have the same problem after updating the dji go app on my ipad mini 2, will connect for a couple of seconds then crashes . When will this be fixed dji ?????
2017-8-4
Use props
edstrings
New

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-8 03:01
Sorry to hear about the issue, have you tried to delete it and re-install the app? Please turn off all other background applications when running dji go.
If no improvement, please help us export the crash log:  /sdcard/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH.

When do dji intend on fixing the djigo app, as my drone is now useless since the latest update ??????
2017-8-4
Use props
fansb2dfd76f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 639180 ft
France

Same issue here. My iPhone is running iOS 10.2 and since the last update (3rd of July), the app crashes each time I go in video mode. The drone is completely useless.
Please check the customers reviews in the app store, everybody's got the same issue.
2017-8-7
Use props
StoyanK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68963 ft
Bulgaria

Hi, I took my new P3SE for the first flight today. Since i am not very experience "pilot" i was flying not that far from my point (120m high and about 300m away) First in my flight data from today there is no greater distance than 87m !!! How is this possible? Second: DJi app crashed when my P3 was in mid air. After i restarted the app and it connected to the craft a heard the voice from DJi GO saying: "Home point was updated" Updated where???? In mid air 120m above the ground???? Sounded very scary for a first flight.
I wonder if i engage RTH at one point what would happen wit this new home point......
2017-8-20
Use props
fans27375af9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128389 ft
United States

fans698fe0e4 Posted at 2017-4-20 05:23
Same here, just bougt a P4P instead of my p4. Do not have a record log of a single full flight. App crashes every time. Using a Samsung 12´SM P905 that was more or less ok with the P4.

I've flown 3 flights without a problem sice turning off screen rotation prior to laughing the DJI go app.
Pixel XL Android 7.x.x
2017-8-23
Use props
KEDDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

After my P4P minus (+) - got the 4.1.4 a few weeks ago it has crashed at least 3 times during flight, newer seen that before this version and i can't even choose to use other SW
2017-8-28
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

StoyanK Posted at 2017-8-20 11:56
Hi, I took my new P3SE for the first flight today. Since i am not very experience "pilot" i was flying not that far from my point (120m high and about 300m away) First in my flight data from today there is no greater distance than 87m !!! How is this possible? Second: DJi app crashed when my P3 was in mid air. After i restarted the app and it connected to the craft a heard the voice from DJi GO saying: "Home point was updated" Updated where???? In mid air 120m above the ground???? Sounded very scary for a first flight.
I wonder if i engage RTH at one point what would happen wit this new home point......

If you restart the app then hear the voice up to the end of the message. "....check it on the map!" May be the point is in x,y there but the P3/4 will descent the altitude to the ground. You can reset the the home point to your place of the mobile´s GPS point.
2017-9-4
Use props
StoyanK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68963 ft
Bulgaria

Peterx Posted at 2017-9-4 08:04
If you restart the app then hear the voice up to the end of the message. "....check it on the map!" May be the point is in x,y there but the P3/4 will descent the altitude to the ground. You can reset the the home point to your place of the mobile´s GPS point.

Thanks for the reply! Never happened again but it` s good to know.  
2017-9-4
Use props
fans621bfc02
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1642001 ft
  • >>>
Canada

4.1.12 keeps crashing loosing video on Mavic I have to plug in iPad to fly back not happy any idea what to do ? I have reinstalled the app turned off all other apps in the back ground
2017-10-13
Use props
nadsky
New

New Caledonia

Ok I had the same issue like many people around the world i trie to un and reinstall the app but no solution, So i get an older version 3.1.8 and bingo everythink work again.
So DJI programer put the older version as a update then you can work on the next one.
And give us a official link to download the old version.

I dowload my old version here :

https://www.apk4fun.com/history/96377/

2017-10-14
Use props
indra9110
Flight distance : 17051 ft

Netherlands

DJI please back to google maps!!!
2017-11-7
Use props
fans73636deb
New
United States

I am having a similar problem with the DJI Go app for Phantom 3 drones.  The DJI Go app I am using is 3.1.22.  Using Android 7 on an LG smartphone.  Is there any fix coming or should I start investing in another drone manufacturer?
2017-11-10
Use props
Nebicaneser
Captain
Flight distance : 3428747 ft
Spain

fans73636deb Posted at 2017-11-10 18:11
I am having a similar problem with the DJI Go app for Phantom 3 drones.  The DJI Go app I am using is 3.1.22.  Using Android 7 on an LG smartphone.  Is there any fix coming or should I start investing in another drone manufacturer?

Did you reistall the app ? Try
2017-11-11
Use props
Haydngreeenow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78924 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I downloaded the DJI GO app to my iPhone as I have purchased an Osmo+. Problem is it is constantly crashing. I tried the Osmo out today mid way filming it crashed and afterwards the app crashes constantly whether looking at the files or trying to film. I have deleted and reinstalled. I even tried to send a crash report through the app and it kept crashing so couldn’t do it
2017-12-7
Use props
Prsmeds
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3711 ft
United States

Maritimer Posted at 2017-5-29 09:41
My problem is with the video editor, it crashes every time I use it!

ME too! I can't figure out how to fix it!
2017-12-17
Use props
aacurt
lvl.1
United States

Hey people, google how to optimize your phone for a smoother dji go 4 experience. There are tons of things that can go wrong if your settings are not fine tuned.  Everyone will see different issues, so just start debugging bc nothing is easy when it comes to software.  Good luck!
2017-12-31
Use props
KingRavenMedia
lvl.1
United Kingdom

First day of owning the DJI Osmo and i must say i am not happy.  I owe arguably the best camera smart phone on the market the Pixel 2 andI have installed the DJI Go app and it cant even get past the tutorial. It crashes when i press the trigger 3 times - to gain quick access to the selfie mode. After trying to remedy it myself i took to the forums to see if anyone else was having any problems with the app on the Pixel 2 Handset and low and behold the forums are rife with problems.

It not good enough as a company to not support the flag ship android products. My friend who has an iphone had zero problems...
It seems like you have your proprieties wrong... Many Vloggers and streamers promote your gear aiming them to buy regardless of phone operating system and quite frankly you seem to be doing very little in regards of feedback and solutions.

Will you be looking to remedy the problems with the Pixel 2 or should i just repackage my DJI phone stabilizer now ? Cause thats what it is "Phone Stabilizer" Not "iPhone Stabilizer"  and theme of android problems is very prominent in your forums....

The crash log is as follows...

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resume activity {dji.pilot/dji.phone.preview.DJILPPreviewActivity}: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected Jpeg encoding quality levels 0
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3581)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3621)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2862)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(Unknown Source:0)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1589)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6494)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:438)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:807)
    Suppressed: java.lang.Throwable: HERE SDK Version: 3.4.0.177
        at com.nokia.maps.MapsEngine$l.uncaughtException(SourceFile:369)
        at java.lang.ThreadGroup.uncaughtException(ThreadGroup.java:1068)
        at java.lang.ThreadGroup.uncaughtException(ThreadGroup.java:1063)
        at java.lang.Thread.dispatchUncaughtException(Thread.java:1955)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected Jpeg encoding quality levels 0
    at android.media.CameraProfile.getImageEncodingQualityLevels(CameraProfile.java:99)
    at android.media.CameraProfile.getJpegEncodingQualityParameter(CameraProfile.java:84)
    at dji.pilot.phonecamera.j.F(SourceFile:468)
    at dji.pilot.phonecamera.j.e(SourceFile:372)
    at dji.pilot.phonecamera.j.m(SourceFile:105)
    at dji.phone.c.b.m(SourceFile:171)
    at dji.phone.preview.DJILPPreviewActivity.onResume(SourceFile:341)
    at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnResume(Instrumentation.java:1355)
    at android.app.Activity.performResume(Activity.java:7107)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3556)
    ... 10 more
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected Jpeg encoding quality levels 0
    at android.media.CameraProfile.getImageEncodingQualityLevels(CameraProfile.java:99)
    at android.media.CameraProfile.getJpegEncodingQualityParameter(CameraProfile.java:84)
    at dji.pilot.phonecamera.j.F(SourceFile:468)
    at dji.pilot.phonecamera.j.e(SourceFile:372)
    at dji.pilot.phonecamera.j.m(SourceFile:105)
    at dji.phone.c.b.m(SourceFile:171)
    at dji.phone.preview.DJILPPreviewActivity.onResume(SourceFile:341)
    at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnResume(Instrumentation.java:1355)
    at android.app.Activity.performResume(Activity.java:7107)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.performResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3556)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleResumeActivity(ActivityThread.java:3621)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2862)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(Unknown Source:0)
    at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1589)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:164)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6494)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:438)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:807)
2018-1-16
Use props
fansb59fa51e
lvl.1

Brazil

And here we go. After getting tired of searching for the answer about this app crash, I dont know what to do anymore. Have an Oneplus A3000, android 8. The DJI go 4 is up todate, and crashes 1 time each 10 minutes.
2018-1-17
Use props
petkovic0791
Flight distance : 950358 ft
Australia

I recently flashed my phone to android 7.1.2 and DJI GO(before p4) worked fine after installing and using for a day. Next day the app would crash upon start up. I tried force stopping, rebooting, clearing data and everything possible and it still crashed. I reinstalled the app, worked fine for less that 24 hours than the crash looping started again. The only choice I have is to uninstall the app after flight, reinstall before flight and repeat.

This is on the latest version of DJI go and my device model number is
SM-G900I(rooted)
android 7.1.2
2018-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules