Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What are the POINTS that show up on home page?
1193 11 2017-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WA5TEF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124672 ft
United States

I just noticed the item of Points on my home page.  And, they keep changing, going up in small increments.  What are these good for and how does one acquire them?

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-3-8
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

You get them for lots things, daily login, post new topic, post reply, participate in beta programs. You can cash them in for store credit.

You can also lose them for various things, such as making bad post reports (giggles to myself), and I think you may loose some if your post is deleted by the admins.

DJI are looking into cleaning up the system because the posting points seem to get abused quite a bit.
2017-3-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

They are DJI way of saying thanks for being a part of our fast growing, far reaching community.

People from all over the world, get to read the insults of a very few here too.

They wished for a positive point system, but apparently, posting insults get rewarded too. Go figure.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-8
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-8 15:15
They are DJI way of saying thanks for being a part of our fast growing, far reaching community.

Should get extra points for witty insults. ;-)
2017-3-8
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.4
United States

Yeah, well I did not know that.  I am surprised that DJI lets some of the negative posts get left on the forums.  I have read some awful comments referring to DJI's service mainly.  In fact, I probably have had a few myself.  But, I am still trying to resolve an issue from the first of last month and its still "pending'.  Anyway, I am really surprised that they don't police these posts more closely.  
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-3-8
Use props
GastonC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29734 ft
United States

i wonder what the ratio between points and store credit is...I bet it is 1000/1 or more.
2017-3-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cabansail Posted at 2017-3-8 15:27

Yes, for sure, that would be an awesome way, to zero in.
Heck yeah..., then we could really give them a serious George Carlin, going over...

Up one side and down the other. Haha

Boing!! Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-3-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

GastonC Posted at 2017-3-8 15:45
i wonder what the ratio between points and store credit is...I bet it is 1000/1 or more.

180 points equal $1USD
1800 points equal $10USD
And so on...

This system is unique to the RC forum community.

Thankful they chose a reward method. It's been embraced positively, by most regular forum members.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-8
Use props
WA5TEF
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-8 16:16
180 points equal $1USD
1800 points equal $10USD
And so on...

OUCH!  It is going to take me a long long time to get enough points for that Phantom 4 Pro!!!
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF
2017-3-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

WA5TEF Posted at 2017-3-8 19:38
OUCH!  It is going to take me a long long time to get enough points for that Phantom 4 Pro!!!
Thanks,
Jim

Haha, yea man.
Being at 471 points gives you a lot to look forward to, too. Another Two or three years for sure.

But why set limits? ;-)

Might a well shoot for an Inspire 4. Which will have been released by then... Haha

DJI will reward You for Your posts, so share interesting topics, and upload your pics and videos too.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Cabansail Posted at 2017-3-8 15:27

I get points for mine, don't you?
2017-3-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-3-8 20:02
I get points for mine, don't you?

Yes, But he expected extra ones, for being the Rodney Dangetfield of the thread.
Make that Don Rickels whos routine consisted of launching insults at members of the audience. Everyone was fair game, including little old ladies. . .
image.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2017-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules