Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
UNABLE TO CALIBRATE VISION SENSOR
12Next >
34452 50 2017-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LUDGATE
New
United Kingdom

On first day of use, vision sensor calibrate alarm appeared. I tried to calibrate this a number of times using the DJI4 app. This did not work. Then I downloaded the DJI assistant, and connected the Mavic to my laptop. This does not progress, - with the calibrate button greyed out, and an instruction to reboot. When I do this there is still no progress. Running out of ideas here. Thanks.
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please try to reinstall the DJI assistant and do the calibration again.
Besides, do you have another computer to test with? You could try to borrow your friend's computer to have a test.
2017-3-9
Use props
bigdps
lvl.4
Canada

Somehow I am not allowed to start a new topic/thread so I will ask here as I am in the same boat. I apologize to the OP as I am not trying to take over his post. I am in the same boat.

To start with, I am now on my 3rd battery trying to calibrate the forward sensors thingy. I have uninstalled A2, reinstalled A2, jumped on one leg while whistling dixie, NOTHING. I keep getting the "Please reboot aircraft" on the calibration screen. I tried on another computer, same thing. If it wasn't as $$$, I would reboot it alright. My frustration is SO HIGH at the moment that if I rebooted it like it wants me too, the drone would fly on its own: no blades, no power, nothing. This is ridiculous.  

I am doing exactly that is demanded, I have watched videos, updated firmware's, still nothing. It just won't let me calibrate. Unacceptable. I am now stuck with a $2500 drone with all the accessories I could get for it and the only thing I can do, is watch lights flash, listen to the beeps. I could just turn on the TV if I wanted to have that excitement. Not a happy camper. Right now if someone asked me what I think of my Mavic, let's just say what I would write on here about my true feelings would get me booted off the forums REAL quickly. Anybody else as happy as I am when you follow the rules and nothing happens? Pfft! Mavic my @#$.
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

bigdps Posted at 2017-3-10 12:37
Somehow I am not allowed to start a new topic/thread so I will ask here as I am in the same boat. I apologize to the OP as I am not trying to take over his post. I am in the same boat.

To start with, I am now on my 3rd battery trying to calibrate the forward sensors thingy. I have uninstalled A2, reinstalled A2, jumped on one leg while whistling dixie, NOTHING. I keep getting the "Please reboot aircraft" on the calibration screen. I tried on another computer, same thing. If it wasn't as $$$, I would reboot it alright. My frustration is SO HIGH at the moment that if I rebooted it like it wants me too, the drone would fly on its own: no blades, no power, nothing. This is ridiculous.  

What happens when you click "Calibrate Now" ?
You do not get this screen?I've just done it on Mac and PC and both work just fine.
And you have Assistant2 V1.1.0 right ?
Also, whats' the reason for calibrating the sensors, they do not need calibration unless the app asks to do so.
Capture.JPG
2017-3-10
Use props
motard
First Officer
Flight distance : 1156263 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Try my solution.
Screenshot_20170310-210055.png
2017-3-10
Use props
CaptainMoonligh
New
Flight distance : 35220 ft
United Kingdom

I flew today, i had the "Calibrate vision sensor using Dji assistant on PC or MAC" warning. I downloaded the Assistant 2 software onto my PC and like others i cannot calibrate the VPS. It keeps telling me to Reboot the aircraft.

I've tried reinstalling the program, i CANNOT try on another PC as i'm not made of money and don't have many spare PCs lying around. I've only had the mavic for 10 days and i'm sick of it already. Please respond with something more helpful than "try it again on another sytem". I can't borrow a friends as all my friends and family live hours away.
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CaptainMoonligh Posted at 2017-3-10 13:41
I flew today, i had the "Calibrate vision sensor using Dji assistant on PC or MAC" warning. I downloaded the Assistant 2 software onto my PC and like others i cannot calibrate the VPS. It keeps telling me to Reboot the aircraft.

I've tried reinstalling the program, i CANNOT try on another PC as i'm not made of money and don't have many spare PCs lying around. I've only had the mavic for 10 days and i'm sick of it already. Please respond with something more helpful than "try it again on another sytem". I can't borrow a friends as all my friends and family live hours away.

If you power the aircraft back on is the calibrate message still there?
2017-3-10
Use props
Fractures
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

From my experience:
Make sure you dont have 2 monitors hooked up, it wouldn't work until i UNPLUGGED my second monitor. I also had to change the resolution to 1600 x 900. Maybe this will help one of you
2017-3-10
Use props
CaptainMoonligh
New
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-10 13:53
If you power the aircraft back on is the calibrate message still there?

Yes, the warning message is there on the Mavic status screen. At the top  where it says "Overall status" it says Latest Firmware Abnormal.

I've also tried the steps above about adjusting my PC screens resolution and none of them work. Due to issues with the latest firmware i downgraded to .400 and it went smoothly but the abnormal warning is still there.
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CaptainMoonligh Posted at 2017-3-10 13:59
Yes, the warning message is there on the Mavic status screen. At the top  where it says "Overall status" it says Latest Firmware Abnormal.

I've also tried the steps above about adjusting my PC screens resolution and none of them work. Due to issues with the latest firmware i downgraded to .400 and it went smoothly but the abnormal warning is still there.

Ok, I've reported it to see what R&D says about it.
2017-3-10
Use props
bigdps
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-10 12:54
You do not get this screen?I've just done it on Mac and PC and both work just fine.

Hi Ken,
I couldn't even get to that screen and it would ask me to reboot even before I could do anything.
Reason I had to calibrate was that the app was telling me a critical error or something and it wanted me to calibrate. I tried installing it on 3 different computers and always the same thing.

Weird thing is that once I went outside to check the camera (as this was the only thing I could do, take pictures) the error had disappeared. I took the drone for it's first flight. What a charm. I didn't go too far as I am a noob but had fun with what I did.

I try to watch what people have attached and it tells me I don't have the right because of my user group. What gives?

2017-3-10
Use props
CaptainMoonligh
New
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-10 14:12
Ok, I've reported it to see what R&D says about it.

Thanks Ken, i must clarify that the abnormal firmware message and warning to calibrate the vps using dji assistant was on the dji go app.

The reboot aircraft warning and inability to continue to the vps calibration screen was on Dji Assistant.

Thanks
2017-3-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

bigdps Posted at 2017-3-10 17:35
Hi Ken,
I couldn't even get to that screen and it would ask me to reboot even before I could do anything.
Reason I had to calibrate was that the app was telling me a critical error or something and it wanted me to calibrate. I tried installing it on 3 different computers and always the same thing.

Glad it's working fine now.
And I'm not sure why you are unable to see attachments.
Maybe try a different web browser.
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

CaptainMoonligh Posted at 2017-3-11 04:28
Thanks Ken, i must clarify that the abnormal firmware message and warning to calibrate the vps using dji assistant was on the dji go app.

The reboot aircraft warning and inability to continue to the vps calibration screen was on Dji Assistant.

OK, can you sync the flight records and delete/reinstall the app and see if it resolves it.
2017-3-13
Use props
fansfc861434
lvl.1

Colombia

To solve this problem, only change resolution of your Laptop or PC screen. DJI Assistant 2 does not support some resolutions settings.
2017-3-13
Use props
LUDGATE
New
Ireland

Resolved this after many hours of effort. In Windows 10 I had to disable driver signature enforcement, This worked for me. Hope this helps someone
2017-3-13
Use props
bigdps
lvl.4
Canada

fansfc861434 Posted at 2017-3-13 06:35
To solve this problem, only change resolution of your Laptop or PC screen. DJI Assistant 2 does not support some resolutions settings.

I had tried using Assistant 2 on a laptop and it had given me the same message...please reboot aircraft.
2017-3-13
Use props
fans2c58b642
New

Canada

LUDGATE Posted at 2017-3-13 07:52
Resolved this after many hours of effort. In Windows 10 I had to disable driver signature enforcement, This worked for me. Hope this helps someone

Hi there....I have the same Issue.. unable to calibrate vision sensor on mavic pro...So I have a laptop and I disable driver signature enforcement....but I am still having the same problem....Any other info that can help me....is it dangerous to fly the drone with this message ...any help please
2017-3-18
Use props
Lemonsorbie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3809 ft
Canada

The unfortunate thing about product ventures (DJI & Apple) is that the Mavic should work as well with Android but this is not the case.

The very best way to use this feature and calibration is with a MacBook or Apple desktop. DJI favours iOS systems.
2017-3-18
Use props
Peter Galbavy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Have you checked and REMOVED the small blue protective film that seems to sometimes be left on one of the front camera sensors?
2017-3-19
Use props
GravaT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 145354 ft
Canada

I had the same problem. I lowered the resolution of my screen to 1600x900 like one poster said above and it worked perfectly after.
2017-3-19
Use props
lvl.1
United States

I followed a suggestion from this forum to disable driver signature enforcement.  This was done for windows 10. I found the following post on the web, I tried it and it worked.  I was able to complete the calibration process.   Answer

Winston M replied on October 1, 2014
Microsoft
Hi,

Please check if you have performed these steps to disable the driver signature enforcement in Windows 10 Technical Preview.

a. Press the Win + C and click on PC settings.
b. Switch over to the “Update & recovery” section.
c. Then click on the Recovery option on the left hand side.
d. Once selected, you will see an advanced startup section appear on the right hand side. You will need to click on the “Restart now” button.
e. Once your Computer has rebooted you will need to choose the Troubleshoot option.
f. Then head into Advanced options.
g. Then Startup Settings.
h. Since we are modifying boot time configuration settings, you will need to restart your computer one last time.
I. Here you will be given a list of startup settings that you can change. The one we are looking for is “Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, you will need to press the F7 key.

Hope this information helps.
2017-3-21
Use props
fanse0e4bbdb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2019997 ft
Hong Kong

i have almost the same problem with DJI Assistant 2 software.

cannot calibrate using DJI GO 4 apps. therefore i tried using DJI Assistant 2 v1.1 (the latest) and keep complaining about "Please reboot aircraft")

ON my Mavic Pro, i have the latest Firmware
App v4.0.5
Aircraft  v01.03.0500
Remote Controller    v01.03.0500
Aircraft database 0.0.1.4
App database  v00.00.04.04

It can fly but it complaining error message. Cannot calibrate.  

The funny thing is that i had it all working 2 to 3 weeks ago last time i flew. when i turned on, it just asked me about outdate firmware, calibration error. I am almost certain it's the crappy software release again wasting my time.  i wish DJI software developers could have done a better job because this gives us pain and total waste of time.

BTW, i tried installing DJI Assistant 2 on two windows 10 PCs, don't tell me my PC had problem.
2017-3-26
Use props
fans6966c92d
New
Flight distance : 107326 ft
Bulgaria

Is there any solution, because I have the same problem. I try to change the resolution but still can't start the calibration  "please restart the drone"....?
2017-5-20
Use props
puddlejumper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 247927 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-10 12:54

First of all the app asked to calibrate vision sensor, I do have latest  assistant 2 installed on windows. After each atempt to calibrate (3x yesterday, & 2x this morning) it stopped @ 71% & says inncorect screen size. I have a Dell 11 in.  entered this but did not help. This is the first problem i have had on my 6 mo. young Mavic.  Any idea?
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

puddlejumper Posted at 2017-5-25 01:18
First of all the app asked to calibrate vision sensor, I do have latest  assistant 2 installed on windows. After each atempt to calibrate (3x yesterday, & 2x this morning) it stopped @ 71% & says inncorect screen size. I have a Dell 11 in.  entered this but did not help. This is the first problem i have had on my 6 mo. young Mavic.  Any idea?

Can you change around your monitor settings or try a different computer.
If you power up again does the app still ask to calibrate the sensors or was it a one time message?
2017-5-25
Use props
puddlejumper
lvl.1
Flight distance : 247927 ft
United States

YES, I tried the :update & recovery: method, now my laptop is down! Taking it in for repair tomorrow.Till then I'll monitor this thread w/tablet.Until then what is the screen size request?

2017-5-25
Use props
KryptoNyte
Second Officer
United States

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2017-3-19 00:55
Have you checked and REMOVED the small blue protective film that seems to sometimes be left on one of the front camera sensors?

Thank you Peter.  It didn't occur to me that there might be film over both the front sensors, and even on the top of the camera gimbal.  Nearly a hour of frustration trying to calibrate until I read your post.
2017-5-27
Use props
fansdadf404d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1250 ft
United States

1509 Posted at 2017-3-21 17:54
I followed a suggestion from this forum to disable driver signature enforcement.  This was done for windows 10. I found the following post on the web, I tried it and it worked.  I was able to complete the calibration process.   Answer

Winston M replied on October 1, 2014

your suggestion and instructions worked beautifully.....thanks
2017-12-18
Use props
djiuser_gQVR9iP
New
United States

I followed a suggestion from this forum to disable driver signature enforcement.  This was done for windows 10. I found the following post on the web, I tried it and it worked.  I was able to complete the calibration process.   Answer

I did all that 4 times.  I even restored everything to factory settings and then reloaded.  To say that I was getting extremely frustrated and wasting hours is an understatement.  If someone is still having trouble this is how I finally got rid of that annoying greyed out button that was just spinning.  *disclaimer  I am running Windows 10 on a 8 year old HP laptop.

I uninstalled the DJI assistant program.  Then I did the reboot as outlined restarting to disable the drivers signature. What I did different was turned on the Mavic Pro while it was plugged into my computer when it restarted.   Then I installed the software again and it finally worked.  

I hope this helps someone.
2018-1-13
Use props
fansc3ad3b67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1007989 ft
Brazil

Thank you so much!! I had tried more than 10 times, that way it worked! Thanks!
2018-1-20
Use props
scaredtodeath
lvl.1
United States

My experience discounts all of the above advice.  My phantom would calibrate forward sensors, but not down looking sensors.
2018-1-23
Use props
scaredtodeath
lvl.1
United States

Resolution?  Twin monitors?  Device manager?  My phantom would calibrate in Assistant 2 both versions but would do nothing in the downward (second phase) sensor calibration.  Had DJI support walk me through it, they witnessed failure and told me to send them the drone at their expense.  We'll see.  This was on 1/22/18 and apparently their support db doesn't have anything re: Device Manager, two monitors, or screen resolution.  I suspect that the sensors are very sensitive and many have defects.
2018-1-23
Use props
scaredtodeath
lvl.1
United States

Lemonsorbie Posted at 2017-3-18 18:39
The unfortunate thing about product ventures (DJI & Apple) is that the Mavic should work as well with Android but this is not the case.

The very best way to use this feature and calibration is with a MacBook or Apple desktop. DJI favours iOS systems.

DJI programmers are waking up to the fact that Apple is losing their ass in every market they compete in.  The Apple Store here in Palo Alto is almost always empty.  Google rules, and I've seen at least 20+ DJI drones that work perfectly with much cheaper phone and tablet devices.  6" BLU phones work really well vs iPhone 7 & 8, Samsung and Lenovo tablets at under $100 work perfectly with Spark, and P3s.  The controller 5.5" Android viewer for the Phantom 4 Pro + is almost twice as bright as any other device.  Last year Apple sales of both iPhones and iPads declined severely to 12.5% of market for the phones and 25.8% of market for tablets.  That means 80+% of phones and 74% of tablets are Android and it's just getting worse for Apple by the quarter.
2018-1-23
Use props
djiuser_51IexRW
lvl.1
United States

I found a quick easy way to get the computer to recognize the mavic cameras.

If you are experiencing this issue (in Windows 10), find the install directory of Assistant, on mine that's 'Program Files (x86)/DJI Product/DJI Assistant 2'. Go to the 'Drivers' folder, then the 'Vision' folder.  

Right click on the appropriate installer, either x64 or x86 depending on your OS (32 or 64 bit).  Select 'Run as administrator' from the context menu. It will complete very quickly.  
My machine instantly calibrated the vision sensors after I did this after struggling with the grayed out box for an hour.
2018-1-24
Use props
djiuser_zaYZsip9ZJ9Y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48586 ft
United States

bigdps Posted at 2017-3-10 12:37

To start with, I am now on my 3rd battery trying to calibrate the forward sensors thingy. I have uninstalled A2, reinstalled A2, jumped on one leg while whistling dixie, NOTHING. I keep getting the "Please reboot aircraft" on the calibration screen. I tried on another computer, same thing. If it wasn't as $$$, I would reboot it alright. My frustration is SO HIGH at the moment that if I rebooted it like it wants me too, the drone would fly on its own: no blades, no power, nothing. This is ridiculous.  

I ran into the same problem with Windows 10. Switched to older laptop with Windows 7 and worked. I also discovered the calibration does not work well with larger monitors. I used my laptop monitor and worked well.  I was success in calibrating according to A2 but I am still getting the "Backwards Vision Sensor Calibration Error" in DJI Go App. It seems to fly ok, but I really have tried to back into anything.
2018-3-4
Use props
DJI-Phantom4Pro_Epson-Moverio-Ultima
lvl.1

United States

puddlejumper Posted at 2017-5-25 01:18
First of all the app asked to calibrate vision sensor, I do have latest  assistant 2 installed on windows. After each atempt to calibrate (3x yesterday, & 2x this morning) it stopped @ 71% & says inncorect screen size. I have a Dell 11 in.  entered this but did not help. This is the first problem i have had on my 6 mo. young Mavic.  Any idea?

Changing the Contrast and Brightness on my Laptop finally made my life easier. Also if you have any attachments, IE: Landing Gear Extensions, remove them for much easier time Calibrating!
2018-3-20
Use props
Khaptin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 427057 ft
United States

I know this post is old, but for any searching the web like I was, who kept getting the message that DJI Assistant 2 "couldn't detect the screen size, please input correct size" even after they had entered their screen size, unplugging my secondary monitor fixed the issue and I was able to calibrate the sensors on my Mavic Air.
2018-4-28
Use props
fans43b5b3fe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 980712 ft
Australia

Thanks for posting this procedure! It worked for me
2018-7-3
Use props
lakeglenmiss
New
Flight distance : 40069 ft
United States

I don't know if anyone answered this but my drone said to reboot the aircraft too, then I reloaded the driver for A2 and that fixed the problem.  The driver didn't load correctly the first time.
2018-8-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules