Editing 4K Video on iPad (iMovie)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BTFDRONE
New

United Kingdom

Hi all
I'm relatively new to this, I have a Phantom 3 Pro and so far have only been shooting in 1080p, and sucessfully editing using iMovie on my iPad mini, with reasonable results.  I was shooting  files in .mov but now shoot in .mp4 as they play on my TV.  I've recently been shooting in 4K but struggling to edit it on my iPad.  I transfer the files using an SD card reader, but the files, although showing up on my iPad, don't show up in "recently added media" in iMovie on my iPad.  I would be grateful for any help any of you guys or gals can offer.
2017-3-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

An iPad can't render a 4K video, the way it does with your 1080P.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-9
Use props
BTFDRONE
New

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-9 02:34
An iPad can't render a 4K video, the way it does with your 1080P.

I got the info to buy the SD card reader from the video in the link, he seems to manage the task of editing 4K on his iPad??
Thanks for the reply anyway!
2017-3-9
Use props
BTFDRONE
New

United Kingdom

BTFDRONE Posted at 2017-3-9 05:26
I got the info to buy the SD card reader from the video in the link, he seems to manage the task of editing 4K on his iPad??

2017-3-9
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6ttloxEmEg

He's constantly trying to earn forums points with ironically pointless posts. Just ignore him, doesn't know what he's talking about.

The video you posted is exactly what I used to edit on my ipad mini, but I still had problems with the Recently Added Media, there is an option to view All media and it would appear in there. Maybe a time stamping issue. And it can struggle a bit with larger movie files, but works as the vid guys says.
2017-3-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, and I have one of them same lightning to SD card camera adapters, but I get an error message, when ever I download 4K video from my Phantom 3 Pro card, to my iPad Air2 64gb Cellular.

No I don't know what I'm talking about... Hahaha

I know enough to have not had success with that cord.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-9
Use props
BTFDRONE
New

United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-3-9 05:45
He's constantly trying to earn forums points with ironically pointless posts. Just ignore him, doesn't know what he's talking about.

The video you posted is exactly what I used to edit on my ipad mini, but I still had problems with the Recently Added Media, there is an option to view All media and it would appear in there. Maybe a time stamping issue. And it can struggle a bit with larger movie files, but works as the vid guys says.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep trying!
2017-3-10
Use props
sasiki
New

France

I find a guide about how to import and edit dji 4K to iMovie on Mac :
Maybe it can help you.Work DJI 1 Pro 4K with iMovie on macOS Sierra with Best Workflow
2017-5-15
Use props
kosmelnikov
lvl.2
Flight distance : 634098 ft
  • >>>

Try the 'Sync for DJI' app. This app allows you to download any file types from your drone. App connects to drone the same way like DJI GO 4.
2019-9-27
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 655932 ft

Ipad 2017 will not work with 4K video, unless you edit it in IMovie first.

Ipad 2018, no problem.

I use Lumafusion for all editing.   
2019-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules