help my p3s fell out of the sky
1536 29 2017-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
speed3
lvl.1

United States

I was flying my phantom 3 standard when it all of a sudden said signal lost, and it fell from the sky. Needless to say the drone is pretty much destroyed. I will upload the log maybe someone here can tell me what happend. I didnt see it go down so not sure if someone shot it down or not.http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Y19NVUH9TC2DTK10F9QR/not sure if that was the correct way to attach the log any help would greatly appreciated thanks.
2017-3-9
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there any bird shots inside the Phantom?
2017-3-9
Use props
speed3
lvl.1

United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2017-3-9 11:58
Is there any bird shots inside the Phantom?

im sorry what do you mean by bird shots inside
2017-3-9
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I mean any shotgun pellets inside the drone.
2017-3-9
Use props
speed3
lvl.1

United States

nope there isn't but i just dont understand how else it could of went down.
2017-3-9
Use props
Betamace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

The last update took 4.5 seconds. That is very unusual.
2017-3-9
Use props
speed3
lvl.1

United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-3-9 12:40
The last update took 4.5 seconds. That is very unusual.

so you think i should send this to dji what would they be able to do?
2017-3-9
Use props
nilmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232707 ft
United States

For some reason your Home Point changed at 33 sec into the flight. Home distance was 36.3 feet and changed to 238.9 feet away from home in less then .1sec
2017-3-9
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Starting at 3 min 4.3 seconds your speed was 22 mph and going down every second. By the time it stopped recording at 5 min 10 seconds it was going at .7 mph and at 170ft altitude. You had been losing altitude since around 4.56 minutes. Couple questions, were you bringing it down yourself? Looks like a loss of power, bad faulty battery maybe? I'm no expert, just my opinion.
2017-3-9
Use props
speed3
lvl.1

United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2017-3-9 13:38
Starting at 3 min 4.3 seconds your speed was 22 mph and going down every second. By the time it stopped recording at 5 min 10 seconds it was going at .7 mph and at 170ft altitude. You had been losing altitude since around 4.56 minutes. Couple questions, were you bringing it down yourself? Looks like a loss of power, bad faulty battery maybe? I'm no expert, just my opinion.

yea i was bringing it down a little to take a better picture but was defiantly still high enough to clear everything. I thought the same thing about the battery but when i found it battery was still powered on. thanks for all  the replies by the way
2017-3-9
Use props
Taydav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115328 ft
Canada

What was the outside temp? It looks like it's reading 0 degrees f.
2017-3-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hey, sorry to read about your crashed drone. Not sure what caused this malfunction.
Perhaps sending it in, DJI will have the ability of finding the true cause.

Best wishes...

RedHotPoker
2017-3-9
Use props
speed3
lvl.1

United States

Taydav Posted at 2017-3-9 14:39
What was the outside temp? It looks like it's reading 0 degrees f.

temp was around 50 f. where do you see 0? and not sure if it matters but winds were 5-10 mph at most
2017-3-9
Use props
speed3
lvl.1

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-9 14:47
Hey, sorry to read about your crashed drone. Not sure what caused this malfunction.
Perhaps sending it in, DJI will have the ability of finding the true cause.

yea thanks it does suck and i sent them the log ill let you guys know what they say
2017-3-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

speed3 Posted at 2017-3-9 15:03
yea thanks it does suck and i sent them the log ill let you guys know what they say

Yes, there's not much more that you can do now. Trust that they will give you the honest evaluation.
Did you try sending the flight LOG to www.phantomhelp.com
www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload

You are at the mercy of DJI. As we all are. ;-)

Best wishes, and good luck...

RedHotPoker
2017-3-9
Use props
Taydav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115328 ft
Canada

speed3 Posted at 2017-3-9 15:02
temp was around 50 f. where do you see 0? and not sure if it matters but winds were 5-10 mph at most

Without going back into the log I thought I saw that the temp was a vonstant 0 degrees
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about your crash.
I'd suggest you to send it in and our engineers will help to analyse the flight data and let you know what could have caused the issue.
You could fill in an online repair request form and apply for pickup here.You’ll get a case number automatically https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-3-10
Use props
Impulse
lvl.1

New Zealand

If you look carefully, from 24 seconds to 5:10 the battery remains at 93% which doesn't make sense to me. That is 22.27% of the rated battery life of a fully charged battery (25 minutes assumed). You would expect the battery to go down by about 70% - 75% in that time. Sounds like a faulty battery to me.
2017-3-10
Use props
Impulse
lvl.1

New Zealand

*You would expect the battery to go down to between 70-75% in that time given that you started with 94%.
2017-3-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like the system was wrongly reporting the battery capacity and it just ran out of power. Hopefully DJI Technicians can provide some detail as to why this happened.
2017-3-10
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Aardvark Posted at 2017-3-10 05:01
Looks like the system was wrongly reporting the battery capacity and it just ran out of power. Hopefully DJI Technicians can provide some detail as to why this happened.

Good observation of the log.  I think his drone has landed in the back yard of a house that looks like it has a pool.

POOL

POOL
2017-3-10
Use props
speed3
lvl.1

United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-10 06:06
Good observation of the log.  I think his drone has landed in the back yard of a house that looks like it has a pool.

yea faulty battery seems to be most logical reason. and it fell on a concrete step drone is destroyed
2017-3-10
Use props
speed3
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-10 00:51
Sorry to hear about your crash.
I'd suggest you to send it in and our engineers will help to analyse the flight data and let you know what could have caused the issue.
You could fill in an online repair request form and apply for pickup here.You’ll get a case number automatically https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area

yea they told me to send it in. only problem is i have a dbs antenna on the controller not sure if that will void warranty, and i know that was not the issue with it falling
2017-3-10
Use props
speed3
lvl.1

United States

also i see some dents on the battery that weren't there before but the battery never came out of the drone so i dont know why it would be dented there.
2017-3-10
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

speed3 Posted at 2017-3-10 19:14
yea they told me to send it in. only problem is i have a dbs antenna on the controller not sure if that will void warranty, and i know that was not the issue with it falling

You are sending the drone and battery not your RC.

If it is a faulty battery DJI would see that.  Dent's on the battery probably happened when the drone crashed.
2017-3-10
Use props
speed3
lvl.1

United States

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-3-10 19:57
You are sending the drone and battery not your RC.

If it is a faulty battery DJI would see that.  Dent's on the battery probably happened when the drone crashed.

on the form it says to send in drone and rc but yea they dont need the rc so i most likely wont send that in
2017-3-10
Use props
Blaize Films
lvl.1

Nigeria

Please try keep us updated so we can know what really happened
2017-3-10
Use props
JackA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

Sorry to say, but they call these a "system" because the battery, controller and the aircraft all have a roll in flight.  To be honest, you should send every component just as you flew it.  You are asking DJI to stand behind their product, so you should not try to maintain that modifications you applied are not the cause or a contributing factor to the crash.
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

speed3 Posted at 2017-3-10 19:14

Please refer to our warranty policy. warranty.png
After the evaluation, our engineers will let you know if it's covered under warranty.
2017-3-12
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

Thanks Mindy.  Very informative.
2017-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules