Snowy Mountains-20170308-213202240.jpg
Topdown snow-20170308-213204929.jpg
2017-3-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Those are really wonderful pics. My two favorites from this group, both show the mountain top lake.
I wonder if there are any fish in that cold body of water?

RedHotPoker
2017-3-9
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-9 14:55
Those are really wonderful pics. My two favorites from this group, both show the mountain top lake.
I wonder if there are any fish in that cold body of water?

Don't think there is anything much living in that top lake!

It has water flowing into it from an ancient copper mine which kills any algae and at 127 feet deep there is no plant life on the bottom so there is nothing for animal life to eat.  They tried stocking it with trout once, they all died.

Keeps the water very clear hence the name Glaslyn ("Blue Lake" in English) and being able to see down to the bottom of the shallower lake in the 3rd photo
2017-3-9
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

Very neat pictures! The mountain top lakes are great accents to the mountains.
I wish boring & flat 'ol Indiana in the states had picture worthy mountain tops like that!
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Those are fantastic shots! Thanks for sharing.
2017-3-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-3-9 15:38
Don't think there is anything much living in that top lake!

It has water flowing into it from an ancient copper mine which kills any algae and at 127 feet deep there is no plant life on the bottom so there is nothing for animal life to eat.  They tried stocking it with trout once, they all died.

Ah gee, that's too bad. We have mountain lakes in Alberta, where you need to hike in, to get there. But there are wild trout in those.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-10
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

Beautiful pics!
2017-3-10
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-10 11:38
Ah gee, that's too bad. We have mountain lakes in Alberta, where you need to hike in, to get there. But there are wild trout in those.

A bit of variety is good, plenty of other lakes in the area for fishing and there are some great trout rivers further south in Wales.

That top lake seems to have become popular for swimming, in the winter the brave wear drysuits, the stupid wear rather less:
2017-3-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-3-10 12:07
A bit of variety is good, plenty of other lakes in the area for fishing and there are some great trout rivers further south in Wales.

That top lake seems to have become popular for swimming, in the winter the brave wear drysuits, the stupid wear rather less:

I think, I like the rather less, for my eye candy. Haha

Being single has its privileges. Hahaha

I can stare as long as it takes, to get a good look. ;-)

Or take a pic, it lasts longer... Chuckles

That cold water will make more than goose bumps stand up...

RedHotPoker
2017-3-10
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-10 12:20
I think, I like the rather less, for my eye candy. Haha

In that case you might like the video that goes with the above photo: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/new ... -woman-fan-10498478

Could have done with some drone footage in it, but it's still a very fine video of the mountains and lakes.
2017-3-10
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3405390 ft
United Kingdom

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-3-10 12:37
In that case you might like the video that goes with the above photo: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swimming-naked-snowdonia-woman-fan-10498478

Could have done with some drone footage in it, but it's still a very fine video of the mountains and lakes.

that would have been interesting
2017-3-11
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
United Kingdom

TPVAerials Posted at 2017-3-9 15:45
Very neat pictures! The mountain top lakes are great accents to the mountains.
I wish boring & flat 'ol Indiana in the states had picture worthy mountain tops like that!

But you must get some amazing sunsets though ?
2017-3-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-3-10 12:37
In that case you might like the video that goes with the above photo: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/swimming-naked-snowdonia-woman-fan-10498478

Yes, that was pretty exhilarating. I actually got goose bumps just watching her swim in that frigid lake.
She reminds me of some of the gals I know through Alberta Bowhunters Association.
Ladies that can shoot, skin and pack out their own game. Sweet and feminine but tough as nails when neccesary...

I like that Natasha is also an artist. Someone who has a lot of class and style.
This is interesting, Skinny Dipping article... https://wildwomanswimming.wordpress.com

Thanks for sharing your awesome pics and wonderful link. We have an annual Polar Bear Swim here every year. But that's pretty much just a block of ice, cut out with a chainsaw, allowing people to jump into the ice cold water, for a freezing chill, and then right back out again. I couldn't do it, as my body tends to cramp up, in water that cold.

Wales has long been on my bucket list, to visit someday.  You live in a wonderful part of the planet.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-11
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

goldenorfephoto Posted at 2017-3-11 10:50
But you must get some amazing sunsets though ?

There is definitely plenty of chances for good sunrises, sunsets, & the occasional storm front rolling in. Change of scenery to film every once in a while never hurts!
I have a vacation planned later in the year for both the Grand Canyon & Miami Beach. Although drones aren't allowed in the Grand Canyon National Park, there is still plenty of beautiful landmarks around that area to fly over!
2017-3-11
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-3-11 12:40
Yes, that was pretty exhilarating. I actually got goose bumps just watching her swim in that frigid lake.
She reminds me of some of the gals I know through Alberta Bowhunters Association.
Ladies that can shoot, skin and pack out their own game. Sweet and feminine but tough as nails when neccesary...

Loads more to come , hopefully going tomorrow to a very special set of waterfalls  in the mountains
2017-3-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

goldenorfephoto Posted at 2017-3-12 04:43
Loads more to come , hopefully going tomorrow to a very special set of waterfalls  in the mountains

I will be looking forward to seeing more from you then.
Thanks a lot for sharing this with anyone who enjoys this sort of thing.  I sure do... ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-3-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great photos , really good job. Thanks for sharing
2017-3-12
Use props
Advanced