Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic & Trackimo (GPS tracker)
2771 16 2017-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juni0r
lvl.1
United States

I finally received my Mavic..! I have a question... I know it's not recommended to to attach any devices to the aircraft but with the money spent, I might as well be on the safe side then sorry. And I know it's at my own risk.

What's a good place on the aircraft to attach the Trackimo device...?

I plan to attach with Velcro, don't want to block anything on the aircraft using a strap... I think with the Velcro should be fine.

I'm a first time flyer with drones, all of this is "New" to me....

I did my first flight today, in beginners mode, and was almost sh*tting on my self, thinking all kinds of things disaster, crash, losing it and etc..!...but thank God my first flight was all good.

Living here in Miami, Florida had to wait a few days before I can fly, very windy here were I am...

Thanks for replies..!

2017-3-9
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1905381 ft
United States

................"..........................
2017-3-9
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.4
United States

My Trackimo is mounted just behind the power on button on the battery. Using very strong white Velcro, I can still see the battery lights with the Trackimo off. This appears to be the center of balance. Make sure to calibrate the compass to compensate for the small magnetic influence of,the Trackimo. Smart move getting a tracking device. Too many loose their Mavics never to be found again.
There is another mounting option that looks nice mounted on the rear legs. My concern there was balance and it's also closer to the rear compasses that are normally primary. As stated above, the Trackimo does appear to have a small magnetic influence.
2017-3-9
Use props
Juni0r
lvl.1
United States

What about on the front of the Mavic, just saw a post where DJI-Ken says he has his on the front...?
2017-3-9
Use props
Juni0r
lvl.1
United States

fans06b77ccc Posted at 2017-3-9 17:59
My Trackimo is mounted just behind the power on button on the battery. Using very strong white Velcro, I can still see the battery lights with the Trackimo off. This appears to be the center of balance. Make sure to calibrate the compass to compensate for the small magnetic influence of,the Trackimo. Smart move getting a tracking device. Too many loose their Mavics never to be found again.
There is another mounting option that looks nice mounted on the rear legs. My concern there was balance and it's also closer to the rear compasses that are normally primary. As stated above, the Trackimo does appear to have a small magnetic influence.

Yea, not taking NO! Chances.. I would hate for something to happen to my toy.. It was a birthday present from my wife.... I'm so happy with my "First drone ever...!"
2017-3-9
Use props
fans06b77ccc
lvl.4
United States

Juni0r Posted at 2017-3-9 18:13
Yea, not taking NO! Chances.. I would hate for something to happen to my toy.. It was a birthday present from my wife.... I'm so happy with my "First drone ever...!"

You can't go wrong with the Trackimo. Cool thing is you can use it to track anything. Throw it in your with  valuables when traveling. Best set for max updates on drone at 1 minute intervals. Charges with same cable as the one that charges the Mavic RC. Very well built.

Btw, that sure was a nice gift your wife gave you! (And you don't want to explain how you lost it!)
You said you were new to quads....best to read the manual a few times until the information becomes second nature if you haven't already .....just in case you have an oh s..t moment and need to figure out what's happening. Lots to learn on the various modes, failsafes, RTH, etc. Also always best to go straight up above the highest obstacle before you play at higher speeds. (Or practice low in a wide open field)
Also best to land (not in sports mode) with the green light facing you. That way any stick movements will be more intuitive. (Left will be left, forward will be forward, etc.) Easy to mess up when the camera is looking at you....at least at first, because stick directions are backward. Actually best to get a cheap toy drone, maybe a syma x5 or 8 to practice with first. You can crash them repeatably and they just keep going.
Have fun!

2017-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Juni0r Posted at 2017-3-9 18:02
What about on the front of the Mavic, just saw a post where DJI-Ken says he has his on the front...?

Yes, I have mine mounted on the top front. You can also mount it on the battery but then you can't see the status.
Don't mount it on the rear as it will block the GPS.
I have seen 3D printed mounts, but I'm fine with it mounted on top.
And as the prior post stated, always calibrate the compass whenever adding or removing anything that has metal in it.
2017-3-10
Use props
Juni0r
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-10 07:39
Yes, I have mine mounted on the top front. You can also mount it on the battery but then you can't see the status.
Don't mount it on the rear as it will block the GPS.
I have seen 3D printed mounts, but I'm fine with it mounted on top.

Thanks allot..! Will do!
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Juni0r Posted at 2017-3-10 14:34
Thanks allot..! Will do!

Sounds good, have a great week.
2017-3-13
Use props
TrackIT
lvl.1

Philippines

im using RF-V16 holder to mount my trackimo device in my mavic
ss3.jpg
2017-4-3
Use props
Baroudeur
lvl.3
Flight distance : 585213 ft
France

Same here for me, i use an RF V16 (it is the smaller GPS so far), weight nothing but you cant install it anywhere because included micro create inteferences, so my solution to make it work safely.

2017-4-3
Use props
TrackIT
lvl.1

Philippines

Try using this mount and method to attach your Trackimo at your Mavic
pic1.jpg
2017-4-10
Use props
Tabby Tabz
lvl.1

Philippines

TrackIT Posted at 2017-4-3 00:16

im also using this method to attached my Trackimo device in my Mavic Drone
2017-4-16
Use props
Tabby Tabz
lvl.1

Philippines

TrackIT Posted at 2017-4-3 00:16

im also using this method to attached my Trackimo device in my Mavic Drone
2017-4-16
Use props
Citation
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134908 ft
United States

Where may I purchase the holder?
2017-4-17
Use props
Tabby Tabz
lvl.1

Philippines

Citation Posted at 2017-4-17 08:17
Where may I purchase the holder?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trackimo ... c-Pro-/282327737209 please see link provided
2017-4-18
Use props
TrackIT
lvl.1

Philippines

Tabby Tabz Posted at 2017-4-18 02:37
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trackimo-Tracker-Holder-for-DJI-Mavic-Pro-/282327737209 please see link provided

do you have any idea of other mounts to be used for the Trackimo device to be install in the Mavic?
2017-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules