660 5 2017-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

Hi guys,

I am normally a lurker here that chimes in about surveying from time to time.  However, today will be a bit different.  

Today I went out and captured some sample footage in glorious 4K to brush up on some things and hopefully get some valuable critiques from the community here.  For now I have not sourced any background tunes for this clip nor do I think I will ever get around to it.  

I will probably roam around for the next week sampling more video work to shake the rust off a bit.

Here is some logging from today in the not so far north if you want to have a look.

2017-3-10
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Very interesting video!
2017-3-10
Use props
eliot may
lvl.3
Flight distance : 245367 ft
United States

I couldn't look away! Serious guy-shiznit! What an amazing subject to film. I would do that job for free, it looks so fun!
2017-3-10
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Canada

Thanks guys,  

Crazy old guy at the beginning is my pa, the fir trees getting cut down are bug infested and have to go or else the bugs will  move on to other healthy trees when it warms up.   These trees were to big to harvest with a buncher so they had to be hand fell.
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's nicely done, thanks for sharing. You do want to be careful with filming while it's snowing too often, water damage could happen over time.
2017-3-10
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-10 16:31
It's nicely done, thanks for sharing. You do want to be careful with filming while it's snowing too often, water damage could happen over time.

Yeah, I'm always nervous about having something short out while I fly in nasty weather.  The snow didn't bother me too much, it wasn't sticking to the UAV at all probly due in part to the cold temperature.  Rain scares me a bit more.  

One of the best aspects of using the P4P over the more expensive options from DJI for me is that it is so affordable to replace if something goes wrong.   
2017-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules