Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
lock gimbal function to fix the gimbal to its current posit...
2834 6 2017-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kykphantom
Captain
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

One new feature with the latest firmware is the "Added lock gimbal function to fix the gimbal to its current position."
Can somebody explain what is this function for and how it works? May be an example will help ...
2017-3-10
Use props
RodneyDangerous
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Have a look at this video...

RedHotPoker
2017-3-11
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

RodneyDangerous Posted at 2017-3-11 17:29
This locks the gimbal in place so it doesn't detect or respond to the slight vibration from mechanical shutter operation. So if you're carefully composing a still image, you could turn this on before pressing the shutter. Hope this helps.

Very clear, thank you! I will try it.
2017-3-11
Use props
airspace_media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190 ft
Australia

Thanks for posting my video bro! It appears it is to do exactly with mechanical shutter as Rodney has said in his post.

I will have to take some photos and have a closer look in coming video to try test it out
2017-3-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

airspace_media Posted at 2017-3-11 23:25
Thanks for posting my video bro! It appears it is to do exactly with mechanical shutter as Rodney has said in his post.

I will have to take some photos and have a closer look in coming video to try test it out

Hi airspace_media,
You're welcome. And it was helpful in explaining the new tab, for locking the gimbal.
My Nikon D800 has a similar feature, that locks the mirror up, preventing any vibration to the camera.

It's a smart idea. I'm not sure how effective it is, when the drone is in flight, being buffetted around by wind and vibration, how ever slight, from the spinning props.

It's not a feature in my Phantom 3 Pro, so isn't something that concerns my photography, personally.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-12
Use props
RodneyDangerous
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules