9697 12 2017-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigKitty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148907 ft
Canada

Hello gents,

Can someone help clarify this to me. I have been reading and get conflicted reports.
What is the video cache? I keep getting error cache full on my iphone 6 while recording. I understand that the cache is a lower res file? I normally transfer all the files from the onboard micro sd card of the mavic to my mac for editing etc.
But sometimes I would like to be able to transfer a quick clip to my phone to be able to post or send to a friend etc....Is this possiible in the app somehow while connected to the craft?
How bout in 4K? or does the iphone not support that? with my Go Pro I cannot transfer 4K files to my iphone, only 2.7K and below.

Thank you
2017-3-10
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

So whenever you record video, you also record the downlinked video streamed to your phone in a cache file, unless you've disabled this feature. When you use the DJI Go 4 editing mode or playback mode, the cached video is what you see.

Using the DJI Go 4 Editor function you can choose to save the lower-res downlinked video to your photos album for further editing/sharing. If you are connected to your Mavic, you can also download the high-res version via the same Editor function, but whether you'll be able to actually edit it I can't say as I've yet to try. Hope this helps.
2017-3-10
Use props
BigKitty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148907 ft
Mexico

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-10 16:11
So whenever you record video, you also record the downlinked video streamed to your phone in a cache file, unless you've disabled this feature. When you use the DJI Go 4 editing mode or playback mode, the cached video is what you see.

Using the DJI Go 4 Editor function you can choose to save the lower-res downlinked video to your photos album for further editing/sharing. If you are connected to your Mavic, you can also download the high-res version via the same Editor function, but whether you'll be able to actually edit it I can't say as I've yet to try. Hope this helps.

that makes a little more sense yes! thank you. I guess I will have to look in the settings next time and increase the cache size limit.
Still not sure if you can transfer 4K video to the iphone? hope someone can chime in on that.
Thanks
2017-3-10
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-10 16:11

The cached videos are not accessible outside of the DJI Go app (on iOS) it seems? They do not show up in the iOS Photos app, only in the DJI Go "Editor" screens.

It would be nice to be able to access and play them from the Photos app, just lik every other photo and video on iOS.
2017-9-4
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Jyunte Posted at 2017-9-4 16:15
The cached videos are not accessible outside of the DJI Go app (on iOS) it seems? They do not show up in the iOS Photos app, only in the DJI Go "Editor" screens.

It would be nice to be able to access and play them from the Photos app, just lik every other photo and video on iOS.

Hi.

Read # 4 in this thread and you will be fine.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-110137-1-1.html

Good luck
2017-9-4
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-9-4 21:38
Hi.

Thank you! Who woulda thunk it?
Of course, if the videos were automatically placed where we would expect them, it would be much easier than having to manually click on 15 different clips and then save them where we want them! Too much to ask? :-)
2017-9-4
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-9-4 21:38
Hi.

So... turns out, it's even easier... in the DJI Editor part of DJI Go, select your video clip and, in the player, at the bottom left corner, is a downward pointing arrow. Click it and select the only option, which is "Save to Device". The video goes to the Videos folder in the Photos app.
2017-9-4
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

Jyunte Posted at 2017-9-4 22:25
So... turns out, it's even easier... in the DJI Editor part of DJI Go, select your video clip and, in the player, at the bottom left corner, is a downward pointing arrow. Click it and select the only option, which is "Save to Device". The video goes to the Videos folder in the Photos app.

They have changed the IF in the app so it's not that easy now. You have an older version of DJI Go app then me then, cause what you describe is how "it used to be".

Don't forget to turn on the "automatic cache clearing" in DJI GO otherwise you might run out of storage space on your device.

Happy flying
2017-9-4
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-9-4 22:30
They have changed the IF in the app so it's not that easy now. You have an older version of DJI Go app then me then, cause what you describe is how "it used to be".

Don't forget to turn on the "automatic cache clearing" in DJI GO otherwise you might run out of storage space on your device.

I'm using the newest version of the DJI Go app, that was released a couple of days ago (4.1.9, August 30, 2017).
2017-9-4
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

Jyunte Posted at 2017-9-4 23:04
I'm using the newest version of the DJI Go app, that was released a couple of days ago (4.1.9, August 30, 2017).

Interesting cause my arrow in the lower left corner is not working anymore and I'm on the same version, nevermind as long as we got it to work.
2017-9-5
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

Flybee Posted at 2017-9-5 00:28
Interesting cause my arrow in the lower left corner is not working anymore and I'm on the same version, nevermind as long as we got it to work.

The wonders of software!
2017-9-5
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

BigKitty Posted at 2017-3-10 19:26
that makes a little more sense yes! thank you. I guess I will have to look in the settings next time and increase the cache size limit.
Still not sure if you can transfer 4K video to the iphone? hope someone can chime in on that.
Thanks

The iPhone can play its own 4K videos, but not the Mavic's, which are larger. You'd think that 4K is 4K, but that's not actually the case -- even the Mavic offers different 4K versions.
2017-9-5
Use props
fans428ee8fd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 698268 ft
United States

Suddenly, I can’t find cached videos (with audio) in Photos on iPhone 11. It was working two weeks ago.
2019-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules