DJI Bag and remote controller
1065 10 2017-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M_str
lvl.2
Belgium

Hello !
Just to know : do you think extra care is needed to avoid damaging the two sticks of the remote controler ?
Accessories are sold to attach both sticks together : needed from your experience ?
Thanks !
2017-3-10
Use props
Cameron McGeorg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1195837 ft
New Zealand

From My Experience Yes Definatley, when I try and put the mavic AND the transmitter in the sticks always bend on different angles and they will over time get damaged, so I have bought a joystick protector from DroneValley or Amazon, it was really cheap and will definatley save the cost of repairs further down the track
2017-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't have the joystick protector and I've been putting the RC in the bag and taking out out for several months and hundreds of times and my joysticks are totally fine.
But for a few dollars, those joystick protectors aren't bad.
2017-3-10
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

If you put your controller in so that its back is parallel to the front of the bag, then the sticks don't bang into anything and remain vertical.
2017-3-10
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-10 16:03
If you put your controller in so that its back is parallel to the front of the bag, then the sticks don't bang into anything and remain vertical.

Ex Machina: I have been intending to ask you: what are your custom style camera settings for a well lite day, and what are they for a cloudy day?  Sorry to change the subpbject here but I have read a few of your comments on camera settings and want to try something different.
2017-3-10
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 2017-3-10 18:43
Ex Machina: I have been intending to ask you: what are your custom style camera settings for a well lite day, and what are they for a cloudy day?  Sorry to change the subpbject here but I have read a few of your comments on camera settings and want to try something different.

So far I've been more focused on learning the Mavic's feature set ins and outs and how to fly smoothly than to experiment much with quality settings, though I've been keeping up with all the learnings others have posted, so default settings have been working fine for me.

When I get serious, I'm going to experiment more with manual exposure and WB, ND filters to get slower shutter speeds and those style settings. Sometime after that I'll look into the color styles and grading in post.

I'll likely start with -1 sharpening on bright days and see if my frame grabs hold up better in post - right now I can't do much with them in Lightroom before the standard sharpening becomes really obvious. Thing is, the sharpening looks pretty good while video is playing, so, it's likely for the highest quality you want to fine-tune for every type of end-result you are going for! Yikes!
2017-3-10
Use props
M_str
lvl.2
Belgium

Not so easy to put everything in this bag
When done, I am happy (very compact !!) ...  but right now, I am using an old camera back pack : much larger and so much easier to put everything in ...  (including a tablet and a landing stripe)
2017-3-11
Use props
BigKitty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148907 ft
Mexico

I put my controller always in first at a slight angle and then slide the mavic in the bag...no issues
2017-3-11
Use props
iamthewatchdog
lvl.3
United States

I bought a protector from amazon for $10 US. I believe in Murphy's Law, where if something can happen, it probably will. So, for $10, I feel rather confident that this little bar will keep my sticks protected. I don't use the bag, though. I have a backpack that I have the Mavic in, as well as my DSLR and some lenses.
2017-3-11
Use props
ChasinTail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42943 ft
United States

I used the part of the Box the Mavic controller came in and cut it out and put a rubber band over it.  Works very well to protect the joysticks, and didn't cost me anything.

2017-3-11
Use props
chunky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128514 ft
United Kingdom

I bought one of these protectors and the next few times I powered up my controller I had calibration errors.
Needless to say it's now gone in the bin and controller has been fine ever since.
2017-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules