Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Happy with P4P
1146 10 2017-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m1shootr
First Officer
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

So far I m pleased with the P4P. I have had the pleasure of flying the P3A and the new P4P camera is awesome.  I think people get too wrapped up in the technological glitches without realising that it takes many, many takes to create a good video or photo. One does not just launch a drone, fly for 15 minutes  and voila,  a great shot! These machines are flying cameras. As such, use your creativity to overcome the shortfalls. Acquire a video or photo editing program and learn how to use it to create your own artwork. Learn how to fly the machine with the joysticks until it's second nature. Wait for the good weather or lighting conditions. Plan your flights with a specific mission.  Basically these machines are just an easel waiting on you to paint a portrait. Happy flying!
2017-3-10
Use props
Rosco123
New
Australia

Well said. I couldn't agree more.
2017-3-10
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Indeed... back in the day, I wasted plenty of 35mm film trying to get good shots. Then you had no real idea if any of your pictures were worth the paper they were printed on until you got them back from the processor. Thank goodness for digital imagery!!! Instant results!!
But, just like a fancy fishing pole doesn't make the fisherman, gear doesn't make a photographer. Practice, patience and perseverance is what hones skill.
I just got my P4P+ and will take it for it's maiden flight tomorrow!! I am no stranger to this, as I have an Inspire 1 Pro with X5 camera and 4 Olympus lenses.
I picked up the P4P+ because I am intrigued by many of its features.
20mp, AF, F-stop, Tripod mode, and most of all, the Crystal Sky monitor. I don't expect it to ever replace the Inspire, I view it as another tool in the tool bag.
2017-3-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You hit the nail right on the head, bravo.
2017-3-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-3-10 19:59
Indeed... back in the day, I wasted plenty of 35mm film trying to get good shots. Then you had no real idea if any of your pictures were worth the paper they were printed on until you got them back from the processor. Thank goodness for digital imagery!!! Instant results!!
But, just like a fancy fishing pole doesn't make the fisherman, gear doesn't make a photographer. Practice, patience and perseverance is what hones skill.
I just got my P4P+ and will take it for it's maiden flight tomorrow!! I am no stranger to this, as I have an Inspire 1 Pro with X5 camera and 4 Olympus lenses.

Bravo also...
2017-3-10
Use props
Dobmatt
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-3-10 19:59

All right, Brother, you've got P4P+, congrats! Since you're well seasoned (marinated?) on this territory, do you mind to share your impressions after first flights? I'm considering this toy as well, but multiple reports of video feed breaking when shooting 4K footage are holding me down. There's nothing worst than that when you're suddenly blinded for several seconds in mid air. I'm not sure if the issue is embedded in Android OS and RC system permanently, or if it's related somehow to power distribution, or if it's evident with all P4P+ and not a few bad apples only. Stress the bird rolling 4K video at decent distance and let us know ...
2017-3-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha m1,

Have you tried Tripod?  I finally got around to it and was very impressed.  The P4P is quite a jump from the P4.  It took me a while to learn the new bells and whistles but I get happier by the day.  Mahalo for your commentary!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If only we could put what you said in the Manual. Good job.
2017-3-11
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very well spoken. Photography is an art.
2017-3-11
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Ok, the waiting is over!!! Got the package Thursday. Spent the evening charging Batteries, Registering the AC, updating FW, Linking RC, etc. Had to watch a few tutorials to get it all done because it is done differently than the Inspire 1.

Friday the weather was miserable, so stayed in and messed with the simulator and got familiar with the settings and the whole operation system for it.

Today, although cold, the weather was a bit better, but windy. 15-20 mph sustained winds. Couldn’t stand it anymore, so out I went to bust the cherry on this bird!

It handled the wind without problem. I had a warning message pop up a few times warning me that it was windy and to fly with caution. RTH landed it 18” from where it took off from. The obstacle sensors work well. I was about 15 feet from a birdhouse and the remote vibrated and beeped to alert me. I could get no closer until I ascended above it. Nice.

I didn’t fly out of LOS. 2221 ft was the furthest I went. I am confused about one thing. In the flight log, it says Top Altitude was -24.7 ft (?). I probably need to do an IMU calibration……

Screen brightness… Nice! But not what I had my hopes set up for. It was pretty sunny and I found myself turning my back to the sun to shade the screen. But, I will say that glare was not an issue at all. I don’t think I will need a Hoodman or Hi-Aerial. Screen could stand to be bigger. (Used to Ipad Mini!!)

I saw no breakup of image transmission. The camera is impressive. For stills, the right trigger button is two step, just like a DSLR. Push it a little to focus, push further to take the picture. While shooting video, you can push that button to first step to re-focus at any time.

Where I flew was not scenic but I did shoot some stills and video to test. 4K is impressive and there is no pixilation when panning or yawing the camera. I have posted a few stills. I had to drastically resample them to post here. P43 is a part of P42 not resampled (compressed) You can count the bricks!

Flew 22 minutes on the battery and landed at 30%. Pretty good considering the wind. This bird is frisky too!!

I haven’t even scratched the surface yet on trying all of the various features, but overall, I am impressed. VERY Impressed.

I’ll post more after more flights.
4p1.jpg

Back of mall

Back of mall

uncompressed

uncompressed
2017-3-11
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Update:
Flew a couple more times today. I am really liking this bird. The camera is remarkable. I am getting pictures as good as I was getting with the X5 with Oly 12mm.
And this bird, with spare battery and GPC case all cost less than just the X5 and Lens! Not to mention the cost of the Inspire 1 Pro.
Flew 26 minutes landing with 36% battery left.
Here's a couple of pics from today's shoot:
114.jpg
DJI_0028.JPG
2017-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules