DJI Care Refresh does NOT cover Pilot Error
5599 8 2017-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansed5d1cc0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

I had a DJI Phantom 4 Pro that is covered by a DJI Care refresh policy I purchased with the drone.  The drone is not recoverable and I called support to get a replacement.  They looked at the flight logs and said the drone was operating properly and responded properly to commands, and therefore was not covered.

I thought conditions of pilot error were covered under DJI care refresh.  Do they not realize i have that policy?  On the phone the support operator realized I had it, and told me  that i needed to send flight logs etc.  I did that and now they are saying the crash was due to my error and therefore I am out of luck, no replacement.

What kind of scam are they running at DJI?  Doesn't the policy state pilot error is covered?

2017-3-11
Use props
yoengel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2370988 ft
  • >>>
United States

From what I understand DJI Care covers pilot error, but you need to be able to send back your drone.

They may have in some cases replaced an unrecoverable drone due to issues with the drone, which is a warranty issue, not related to DJI Care.
2017-3-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the damage.
As mentioned above, the drone must be sent in, our repair engineers will conduct damage assessment and send you an invoice. After receiving the invoice, you can either choose to repair your product or replace the aircraft under DJI Care Refresh.
Appreciate for your feedback, we're aware of your case and will look into what happened soon, apologize for the confusion caused.
Besides, DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following situations, you could get more information here: http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh/info#s5
R.png

2017-3-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

According to the data analysis result, it crashed into the tree for pilot error, unfortunately, you failed to get it recovered.
To replace it with DJI Care Refresh, you must send in the aircraft, that's the reason why our support told you it would not be covered by Refresh service. If you are able to recover it, please send it in, we'll help you handle it. Our support sent you an e-mail as well to explain that for you.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions, thanks.

2017-3-12
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

It makes a lot of sense why DJI would want the drone back. I would hope the OP could understand that at least. Because users would just be selling drones online while claiming the drone fell in water. This way at least dji could recover parts or at least try to fix it.  
2017-3-13
Use props
Andi_U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34098 ft
Germany

Hi, my Inspire 2 crashed due to pilot error, causing total damage on the aircraft as well as the X5S. I had purchased DJI Care Refresh for both, i.e. the gimbal as well as the aircraft. I sent both to customer care. Today I received a quotation over 914.65 EURO for the X5S alone which said "DJI Care Deduction: 0.00". Why is that?
Best, Andreas
2017-5-26
Use props
Andi_U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34098 ft
Germany

Andi_U Posted at 2017-5-26 02:10
Hi, my Inspire 2 crashed due to pilot error, causing total damage on the aircraft as well as the X5S. I had purchased DJI Care Refresh for both, i.e. the gimbal as well as the aircraft. I sent both to customer care. Today I received a quotation over 914.65 EURO for the X5S alone which said "DJI Care Deduction: 0.00". Why is that?
Best, Andreas

Correction, I just saw the fee of 914.65 EURO is for both, gimbal as well as aircraft.
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Andi_U Posted at 2017-5-26 03:10
Correction, I just saw the fee of 914.65 EURO is for both, gimbal as well as aircraft.

Thanks for update, hope you would get it back soon.
2017-5-27
Use props
Outer_net
lvl.2
Flight distance : 459367 ft
United Kingdom

DJI are total CHEATING LIARS!

I purchased the Care Refresh on 24 th of April 1 day after purchasing the drone all registered and sorted. Before purchasing I spoke to tech support to confirm the types of cover and scenarios offered and was informed that yes all pilot errors are covered and if it falls into water or gets lost you will be covered !! A lady who barely had a grasp of the language spoken in my country informed me "Dont worry we will look after you". Ha

10 days later I made a claim for loosing my drone in a forest and was told the same. As above.

Now this is what gets me I managed to obtain a conversation between myself and a DJI tech advisor, I called and explained I was thinking about purchasing the care refresh and asked the following:

I asked if I would be covered If I loose my drone " DJI covers under any kind of issue even if it is a pilot error " I then asked her again if I fly it in a forest and it gets lost am I covered? she answers "It is covered yes"

IF you don't believe me listen to the call file attached.

Beyond what I have mentioned I have found DJI service to be among the worst I have ever experienced. This view I have taken has come about from the lack of communication, basically not 1 call in nearly 1 month. Also poor advice and mis selling is going get anyone raging.

The worst thing also from a customer standpoint is that it feels like some archaic  call room with chain of command and authority starting with the agent and ending with the supervisor and the data analysis team sandwiched between. No care team no other escalation process just a really poor apology from people that have probably had to work through the night to offer a service in my country.

Cheap service and an even cheaper business practices that doesn't comply with the consumer rights act in this country as I have been mis sold.

DJI just sort it out !!!

Call with DJI on 29May2017.mp3.zip (679.94 KB, Down times: 7)
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules