Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Retrieving Drone in Tree
1905 3 2017-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marty Markoe
Captain
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic Pro got stuck in tree several weeks ago. Hired a tree service that brought bucket truck to retrieve from 30' up. Charge for service, 1/4 cost of Mavic Pro. Only damage to Mavic was a single propeller and to me no eating for several weeks due to thinner wallet.

Accidentally came across:
RETREEV Compact Retrieval Tool

Added the 100' Tactical Cord for a total with shipping about $40.00. It's lightweight, only a couple of ounces, and easily fits in my Mountainsmith Descent Camera Pack This is a lightweight sling backup that holds Mavic Pro, extra battery, sunshade, accessories and my Olympus EM-1 DSLR with extras.

I've cut the 100' tactical cord to 50' as I doubt I could throw grappling hook even that far. The tactic for tree retrieval is to not throw on the Mavic but onto branch and shake branch to release Mavic.

Marty
2017-3-11
Use props
Snap_Shot
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for sharing Martyr! Looks like a very handy tool!
2017-3-11
Use props
Fractures
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

I ran mine into some branches the other day being careless and after a few flips and kicks it finally spit its self out. Amazing to watch it intelligently correct itself and fight to stay in the air. Lesson learned for sure (was a little inebriated) but I would have been SOL had it not come out as it was about 30' in the air. Glad we could both be so lucky and have no dmg
2017-3-11
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Good find. At only one oz in weight, this may be worth carrying along.
2017-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules