CSC manovouver

?

Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 15.50.16.png
2017-3-11
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

I'd like to get an answer to this as well.
2017-3-11
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

. It's not two options. It's two ways/methods/combination of stick positions  that will achieve the same result. (Motors shutting down)
2017-3-11
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Within the various versions of DJI consumer drones, DJI created the Combination Stick Command (CSC) to both start and stop the motors. Initially, this was the only way to control the motors:
                         CSC1.png

A problem was realized with agressive flight, where the CSC could be initiated accidentially, resulting in the aircraft crashing/falling out of the air due to accidential motor stoppage. With the evolution of the GO/GO4 app, DJI introduced the landing method of motor shutdown by simply holding the throttle down, after the aircraft has landed, for three seconds, and the motors shutdown. This has become the standard way of shutting down the motors on landing. But the inflight CSC problem remained a possiblity.

So with the P4, DJI introduced an alternative control combination for emergency motor shutdown. But long time users of DJI products didn't like this methodology. So with the Mavic, DJI programmed additional intelligence into the flight controller that allows the pilot to choose how the motors can be stopped in mid-flight....

That's what you are referring to in your screenshot. Since stopping the motors in mid--flight WILL cause the aircraft to crash, if you select "For use in emergencies only", then the Mavic motors can only be stopped in mid-flight when the Mavic flight controller detects a CRITICAL error. If you select "CSC Maneuver", then you (the pilot) can deliberately stop the motors or accidently stop the motors in mid-filght with a simple CSC and it will stop the motors...

So if you want to fly agressively and not worry about accidential CSC commands, then select "For use in emergencies only", and the GO4 app will protect you. If your an old-timer and like full control as the pilot-in-command, then select "CSC Maneuver" and be carefull to not ever push the sticks to the CSC position while in flight.....
2017-3-11
Use props
fans40c3d707
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1607267 ft
Spain

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-11 14:36
Within the various versions of DJI consumer drones, DJI created the Combination Stick Command (CSC) to both start and stop the motors. Initially, this was the only way to control the motors:
                        [view_image]

Thanks Daroga.

But what is a critical error ?
2017-3-11
Use props
fans73ac3cf2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116791 ft
Grenada

Daroga Posted at 2017-3-11 14:36
                        [view_image]

Hello, Thanks for your post, it made me learn about the possibility of using CSC. Where is that function located? Can't seem to find it on my phone.

Thanks!
2017-4-5
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks - thanks for you post. I had indeed the same question. A tip: I confirm this theorie with the flight-simulator. And....it works
2017-4-5
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans73ac3cf2 Posted at 2017-4-5 20:25
Hello, Thanks for your post, it made me learn about the possibility of using CSC. Where is that function located? Can't seem to find it on my phone.

Thanks!

Where is that function located?

If configured, the CSC is performed with the control sticks. The configuration settings are in the DJI GO4 app, under Advanced Settings and is labeled "Stop Motor Method".
Fans40c3d707 has a screenshot up in the very first post of this thread.......
2017-4-6
Use props
fans1f116fee
New

United Kingdom

Hi everyone. This thread is really helpful and clear. However I can't find the CSC setting, or stop control or anything that sound similar. I'm using DJIGo4 and  fly a M2P. Software updated today. Do I need to worry about this or is it now configured automatically?
If I need to do it manually can someone please point me to  where i would find it?
Thanks
2018-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules