Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Yet Another Bug? Sudden Exposure Change in Manual Exposure Mode
946 11 2017-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raven4
First Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

I've been recording Prores 422 with an I2/X5s. I always set the exposure to M (manual) as I don't like the stepwise aperture adjustments of the auto modes.
On multiple occasions, I'm seeing a sudden (stepwise) change in exposure. Not sure what's causing this, as I can confirm that I'm always in Manual mode; and, right camera dial is untouched. It seems to happen in a pan, altho' I can't confirm that.
Any comment from DJI?
2017-3-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

What mobile device you use for the drone? how about the APP version?
2017-3-11
Use props
raven4
First Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-11 20:30
What mobile device you use for the drone? how about the APP version?

I'm using an IPAD4 mini and the latest v405 Go4
2017-3-11
Use props
I 2 Fly
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

Saw the same thing yesterday shooting manual X5S H.265 on SD card.... using latest App / software and a Note 5 Samsung.
2017-3-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Appreciate for your feedback, I've reported this to our engineers, will get back to you for any news.
2017-3-11
Use props
raven4
First Officer
United States

Thanx!
2017-3-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Raven, to locate where the problem exists, we need the original footage for evaluation.
Would you please upload an original video directly from SD card to Dropbox? please do not edit it at all, then post the link here, thank you!
2017-3-15
Use props
raven4
First Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-15 01:32
Raven, to locate where the problem exists, we need the original footage for evaluation.
Would you please upload an original video directly from SD card to Dropbox? please do not edit it at all, then post the link here, thank you!

Searching for original footage. if i can find it, or the next time I encounter this issue, I'll post to Dropbox.
2017-3-15
Use props
sharif0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

In manual mode...is auto ISO mode disabled as well?  
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

raven4 Posted at 2017-3-15 12:03
Searching for original footage. if i can find it, or the next time I encounter this issue, I'll post to Dropbox.

Whenever you can would be appreciated.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

raven4 Posted at 2017-3-15 12:03

Appreciate for that, thanks.Besides, it will be better if you can export both videos from SD card and SSD card when it happens, if subtitle is on the video from SD card, it may be more helpful for our engineers to locate the problem.
2017-3-16
Use props
raven4
First Officer
United States

I believe I may have found the cause of my uncommanded aperture change. I was using the OEM 15mm lens, at the time. With the rubber protector covering the aperture ring, I hadn't noticed that the aperture ring had shifted to one of the aperture positions other than 'A'. It's entirely possible that it was in betweeen click stops. I'll investigate this possibility when I have the free time to explore it.
2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules