Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Editing Mavic Footage - Final Cut Pro & iMovie etc
11140 6 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Icondacarver
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41220 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,
Still waiting for my replacement Mavic so took my cousins one on holiday

Started messing about editing my footage firstly with iMovie and then Final Cut Pro. Not got into the habit of picking inspiring piano music (was told you start with music and then attach footage) but rather just added a song after cutting.

What does everyone use? What settings? Any tips!

I use 4K - 3840 x 2160 @30fps

2017-3-12
Use props
Maxwhiteuv
lvl.3

United States

The DJI Mavic Pro record 4K MOV video with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, both iMovie and Final Cut Pro have native import support for this format, however, it is well known that H.264 is not an ideal editing format, you will suffer the following problems if you try to directly edit the video with FCP or iMovie.
– Slow searching for and decoding of frames
– Frame-accuracy problems
– Crashing or freezing
– Strange artifacts or blocking on your video
– Error messages or displaying black video

Therefore, to get a smooth workflow, it would be much ideal for you to transcode DJI Mavic Pro 4K to iMovie best favorable AIC codec and FCP favorable Apple Prores codec.
2017-4-25
Use props
SeaComms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568222 ft
Australia

I have just started using Shotcut.  Add all the videos and music and intro etc into the favourties list, double click on one to open in the editor, hit I for the Incoming section of the clip you want and O for the Outgoing section, click and drag the section left overto the video timeline at the bottom.  I shoot in 4k and export in h.264 High Profile MP4, at either 4k or 1920x1080 (mostly) with 60% quality.

This is a sample of a 15min editing spree last night exported at 1920x1080 with a separate audio channel added for the royalty free music

2017-4-25
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Maxwhiteuv Posted at 2017-4-25 16:57
The DJI Mavic Pro record 4K MOV video with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, both iMovie and Final Cut Pro have native import support for this format, however, it is well known that H.264 is not an ideal editing format, you will suffer the following problems if you try to directly edit the video with FCP or iMovie.
– Slow searching for and decoding of frames
– Frame-accuracy problems

I work with FCPX for more than 4 years. Edited recently a 75 minute video with footage from the Mavic (4K), GoPro 4 black, Canon XC10 (4k) and Canon XF100. Never ever experienced any problems. My set up: 27" iMac 2016, 32gb RAM, 4gb videocard, 2 external 1tb LaCie rugged HD SSD.
2017-4-25
Use props
sasiki
New

United States

I followed the guide to import  Mavic Pro 4K videos to iMovie for Editing:

2017-6-6
Use props
christing
lvl.2

Japan

Here is the DJI Mavic Pro 4K to Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premiere Pro/Avid Media Composer best worflow.
2017-6-9
Use props
Daivd
lvl.1

United States

I use iDealshare VideoGo to convert various video files to iMovie more supported MP4 or Final Cut Pro more supported Apple ProRes.
2019-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules