Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Obstacle avoidance mid air warning
12Next >
6709 40 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingHighNL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116355 ft
Netherlands

Today I've done 3 flights and every flight gave me an obstacle avoidance warning mid air. one time when I was about 60 meters High I received a warning that an obstacle was avoided and that I should review my flight course. But there wasn't anything in front of the drone, no bird nothing. Even when flying away from direct sunlight I received this warning. What shoult I check?
2017-3-12
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

I received the same warming but only when I was facing the Sun. Was the Sun reflecting off the clouds extra brightly?
2017-3-12
Use props
FlyingHighNL
lvl.2
Netherlands

rreindl Posted at 2017-3-12 07:32
I received the same warming but only when I was facing the Sun. Was the Sun reflecting off the clouds extra brightly?

Today is a really bright day
2017-3-12
Use props
FlyingHighNL
lvl.2
Netherlands

rreindl Posted at 2017-3-12 07:32

Today is a really bright day
2017-3-12
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35249 ft
United Kingdom

Had it the other day while trying to get sunrise, ended up turning off the vision sensors, turned them back once finished filming.
2017-3-12
Use props
BigKitty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 148907 ft
Mexico

had it myself...did not see anything on my screen at the time. However checked the video on my mac after and it was a bird! Be careful!
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please try not to shoot into the sun, or tilt the camera down more.
Test more and keep us posted.
2017-3-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-13 01:30

I've never had this problem till the .500 update, something changed and it would be nice if DJI changed it back.
2017-3-13
Use props
Gmman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003150 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-3-13 01:52
I've never had this problem till the .500 update, something changed and it would be nice if DJI changed it back.

I agree. No matter what I did other than point the camera almost straight down.
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-3-13 01:52

Having this issue when shoot into the sun or not?
Did you capture some screenshots of the warning?
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gmman Posted at 2017-3-13 01:59
I agree. No matter what I did other than point the camera almost straight down.

2017-3-13
Use props
GroveTuckey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 264134 ft
United States

I get it on cloudy days also.
2017-3-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-13 03:37

The mavic beeps and stops regardless if it's facing the sun or facing the opposite direction.
2017-3-13
Use props
harfordhawk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18668 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-13 01:30

tilt the camera down more? I fail to understand how that would affect OA sensors..
2017-3-13
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

I get these warnings at dusk, when the sun is almost set and when it is very bright outside. If I'm flying in either of these conditions I usually just turn the sensors off. Hardfordhawk I think you are correct and Mindy was just mistaken. the OA sensors are giving the warning not the camera.
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can also try calibrating the sensors, mine too gave me a few warnings but it was also sunny out.
2017-3-13
Use props
mewchi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 614931 ft
United States

I had this happen during an RTH.. The drone just sat out over some trees about 35 feet away and refused to move forward even though there was nothing in the way except the sun.   This is a serious bug if you ask me.  Maybe they should have put some sonar facing forward as well.   Belt and suspenders ya know.
2017-3-13
Use props
ExiledBlue
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5928881 ft
Thailand

I have never had a single problem with my Mavic, UNTIL the last few days, every single flight, I am having obstacle avoidance warnings.

Flying in bright sunny conditions, but not into the sun.
2017-3-13
Use props
FlyingHighNL
lvl.2
Netherlands

ExiledBlue Posted at 2017-3-13 20:04
I have never had a single problem with my Mavic, UNTIL the last few days, every single flight, I am having obstacle avoidance warnings.

That is my experience as well. Could it be the latest firmware update causes this? Hope DJI is watching this thread  with us.
2017-3-15
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

ExiledBlue Posted at 2017-3-13 20:04

By any chance did you recently upgrade the firmware? The reason I ask is that it seemed that OA warnings became much more frequent after I upgraded to v01.03.0500.
2017-3-15
Use props
ExiledBlue
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5928881 ft
Thailand

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-3-15 12:06
By any chance did you recently upgrade the firmware? The reason I ask is that it seemed that OA warnings became much more frequent after I upgraded to v01.03.0500.

Yes, I upgraded on the day the update was released.
2017-3-15
Use props
fans06e428ab
lvl.1
United States

ExiledBlue Posted at 2017-3-15 22:52
Yes, I upgraded on the day the update was released.

Just had this happen the other day, and almost resulted in a lost mavic. The obstacle avoidance kicked on when it 300+ ft high over open farm fields. On screen, everything on the ground was highlighted in red and we were unable to do anything to get the Mavic to fly back. Battery was getting low, so a RTH was inititiated several times, but would cancel due to the obstacle warnings. During RTH, the Mavic was moving away from the home point. Battery finally got so low, that it went into landing mode. Luckily we were able to locate the Mavic by it map location and recover it. It was sunny, and the home position was due west, so it does appear that the sunlight may have caused this.
2017-6-2
Use props
MTUFLYER28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8477969 ft
United States

I have this occur usually when flying around sunset anytime I'm repositioning where the forward sensors yaw through the direction the sun is in.  I assume it's just due to the rapid change in lighting across the forward vision sensor.
2017-6-2
Use props
fansde5f456a
New

Canada

I have the same issue.  Flying 150 feet over farmers fields.  I usually fly late in the day around sunset so I am guessing that is it.  First flight was good changed battery second flight was non stop warnings closer to sunset. Previously sunsets over the river was the same thing. Mavic should fix it!!
2017-7-12
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

if your flying above obstacles Like tall Trees,Building,Towers,and such just turn off your forward sensor
just make sure your RTH alt is set higher Then surrounding trees and other obstacles near your Home Port
2017-7-12
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

That happened to me as well. I was flying towards the sun but I think a dragonfly buzzed me
2017-7-12
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

fans06e428ab Posted at 2017-6-2 19:50
Just had this happen the other day, and almost resulted in a lost mavic. The obstacle avoidance kicked on when it 300+ ft high over open farm fields. On screen, everything on the ground was highlighted in red and we were unable to do anything to get the Mavic to fly back. Battery was getting low, so a RTH was inititiated several times, but would cancel due to the obstacle warnings. During RTH, the Mavic was moving away from the home point. Battery finally got so low, that it went into landing mode. Luckily we were able to locate the Mavic by it map location and recover it. It was sunny, and the home position was due west, so it does appear that the sunlight may have caused this.

just flick it to sports mode next time and bring it in manually.
2017-7-13
Use props
iDsigns
New
Flight distance : 93750 ft
Netherlands

Last sunday i had this problem as well it then came down, the Mavic stopped and dropped down to the floor... the Mavic is now at DJI for analyzing.. Hope they come with something because i really like to know if this is an firmware error or an pilot error. what ever the case may be. I personally think this is something DJI can fix because i dont even know how to directly stop the motors of the Mavic.. ill keep you up to date ones i know more!
2017-10-12
Use props
AsturLoko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 327234 ft
Spain

Another one here with the same problem.
In my case I can confirm that the error has nothing to do with the sun, reflections or the things that have been said here, always happens.
I "solve" it by eliminating the sensors in the RTH, but it is something that should not be so.
When I bought the Mavic this did not happen, so it is clear to me that this is a problem of the latest firmwares
2018-2-8
Use props
Mcbrich
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1412395 ft
United States

It happened to me today. I was flying away from the sun at an altitude of about 120 feet and I got the same warning. I have all the latest updates installed. Strange since nothing was in front of the Mavic.
2018-2-8
Use props
fans4ebd7c9f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111247 ft

Purchased a new Platinum Pro and in 4 flights have had 8 or 9 of these warning. If it doesn’t stop I will be returning it to the store as I haven’t got £1500 to spend on something that doesn’t work as it should.
2018-7-7
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10310322 ft
Canada

happens a lot,  sun is the culprit, nothing to worry about.
2018-7-7
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-7-7 23:48
happens a lot,  sun is the culprit, nothing to worry about.

Were you all able to solve this problem. Did DJI came up with a firmware upgrade . I 'm planning to buy a DJI Mavic Pro.
2018-7-8
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10310322 ft
Canada

S.J Posted at 2018-7-8 10:15
Were you all able to solve this problem. Did DJI came up with a firmware upgrade . I 'm planning to buy a DJI Mavic Pro.

my height was very high so I figured that it couldn't be a tree nor a bird,  I fooled around with the gimbal and it went away,  so I wanted to experiment and started going around in a circle,  it happened every time that I circled that point.  the warning  goes away when the AC is pointed at another direction, now I don't know if that helped you out,  but maybe someone else with more experience can help you with that issue S.J
2018-7-8
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
United Kingdom

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-7-8 13:26
my height was very high so I figured that it couldn't be a tree nor a bird,  I fooled around with the gimbal and it went away,  so I wanted to experiment and started going around in a circle,  it happened every time that I circled that point.  the warning  goes away when the AC is pointed at another direction, now I don't know if that helped you out,  but maybe someone else with more experience can help you with that issue S.J

Dont worry i ll use mod DJI GO4 app.
2018-7-10
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cal the sensors in assistant 2
2018-7-10
Use props
40buickcoupe
lvl.2
United States

DJI please look into this had a buddy in town last week and both of ours did the same thing at different times of day. Never had that before software update. No issues to get it down but don't want to run into one
2018-7-10
Use props
Guido-Italy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

same problem to me last flights with .300 firmware version. During obstacle warning MP were with sun 90 degrees on the right I think that should be wind to create this issue
2018-7-12
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes I have had the same thing its the sun glare, first time it happened I thought it was a bird strike as I was flying towards the sun
2018-7-12
Use props
mrrz500n
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9551 ft
United States

It has happened to me a couple times. Flying away from the sun both times. It would not let me go forward until I disabled it . Flew 100 yards or so . Then enabled it.
2020-6-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules