Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is there any way to drop firmware and start over?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lexst
lvl.1

United States

Really, really, really getting frustrated banging my head against this firmware update remo disconnect, fail firmware stuff.

is there any way to start over and go back to my original?
I have tried just installing the lower ones without success.
Spent the last 8+ hours trying to get a firmware install in the copter to work
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

The firmware cannot be rolled back after upgrading to v1.10.90.
May we know what problems you're faced with?
2017-3-12
Use props
SimonH78
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can go backward 1 stage at a time -

1. Use notepad on PC or Text edit on Mac to make new text file. The text file can be empty or you can write something in it.
2. Save the text file and name it “3S_FW_DEBUG” if you have P3A or “P3X_FW_DEBUG” if you have P3P.
3. Make sure that the debug file that you saved does not have file extension (.txt etc.) If needed, rename and remove the file extension.
4. Copy the newly made debug file and phantom fw v1.9.60 .bin file to the root of your SD card. (like the image), make sure you only downgrade to the next lowest FW in turn NOT one big jump to the lowest.

5. Insert SD card to phantom, turn phantom on and let it perform the update ( or downgrade).
6. Enjoy your working phantom again .

Only the name of the debug file is important, not the content.
If you have an Advance the SD card will look like this before you insert into the drone, its been done successfully by others but I havent as I don't have any issues with 1.10.9FW .

2017-02-02-1.png
2017-3-13
Use props
luismarc
lvl.1

Brazil

SimonH78 Posted at 2017-3-13 04:03

1. Use notepad on PC or Text edit on Mac to make new text file. The text file can be empty or you can write something in it.

Hello can you send me the file 3s_fw_debug, or tell me in detail how to do?
2019-7-27
Use props
FredFogg
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for this! Why oh why can't DJI offer this info?  Oh, I know why, they want you to buy a new drone because your old one quit working due to their upgrades!
2019-8-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

FredFogg Posted at 8-1 06:38
Thanks for this! Why oh why can't DJI offer this info?  Oh, I know why, they want you to buy a new drone because your old one quit working due to their upgrades!

Yeah? So explain why my P3Pro and many thousands of other ones is still working perfectly fine.
2019-8-1
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

1. This is an old 2017 thread brought back to life ...
2. I tried rolling back FW using all the instructions etc. - it BRICKED the P3P ....
3. As Geebax says - funny so many have no problem with latest FW ...

It is known that most cases of error are pilot error or failure to complete update fully for whatever reason ....

The FW itself if updated fully is not the cause of errors other than eg the ESC one that DJI have issued a special FW to combat.
2019-8-2
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

luismarc Posted at 7-27 07:32
Hello can you send me the file 3s_fw_debug, or tell me in detail how to do?

You make this yourself - v.easy...

1. Use notepad on PC or Text editor on Mac just create anew text file. The text file can be empty or you can write something in it.
2. Save the text file and name it “3S_FW_DEBUG” if you have P3A or “P3X_FW_DEBUG” if you have P3P.
2019-8-29
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Geebax Posted at 8-1 21:40
Yeah? So explain why my P3Pro and many thousands of other ones is still working perfectly fine.

Same here, Phantom 3  Pro never an issue, done every firmware upgrade available.

RedHotPoker

2019-8-31
Use props
Josh Foster
New

United States

SimonH78 Posted at 2017-3-13 04:03

1. Use notepad on PC or Text edit on Mac to make new text file. The text file can be empty or you can write something in it.
[Image]

You need to go to view and change hidden extension. Go to debug txt file and remove the txt. From the end
2022-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules