Mavic Propeller Guards tested - worth it?
3053 13 2017-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex Assenmache
lvl.4
Flight distance : 216430 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello guys again, Alex here,
we've been testing the mavic propeller guards, here the video, what do you think of them?

2017-3-13
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

Never will I ever spend 159$ for this or even 50$ because with them on, you cant fold the Mavic, and in order to fold the Mavic, you need to take the guard off and on and it increases the time it takes until you can fly or until you pack everything up.

I think it is a waste of money. New propellers cost 9$ for a pair. Original. Non-original cost even less...

Regards,
Yhadar
2017-3-13
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

I ordered mine the day they were announced but did not receive them up to now ................

Not even and info that they were already shipped .........................
2017-3-13
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

Great video, very informative and looks like they provide a lot of protection.  Thank you,
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-13
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

Yhadar Posted at 2017-3-13 02:14
Never will I ever spend 159$ for this or even 50$ because with them on, you cant fold the Mavic, and in order to fold the Mavic, you need to take the guard off and on and it increases the time it takes until you can fly or until you pack everything up.

I think it is a waste of money. New propellers cost 9$ for a pair. Original. Non-original cost even less...

See, i keep reading this. I too consider this thing to be WAY too overpriced.. But considering this could also stop your complete drone from tumbling down, not just protect your props, i think it's a worthwhile investment for those without DJI Care Refresh..
2017-3-13
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

I think the Dji Mavic propeller cages are a good accessory in some cases like flying close to people ( with their permission of course) , in the forest , indoor or other tight spots. The price is crazy high . I bought the cheaper prop guards but haven tested yet.
2017-3-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Video good, cheerleader music, not so much....
2017-3-13
Use props
PimpDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

silly product for a lot of dough....
2017-3-13
Use props
Ivan7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118504 ft
Singapore

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-3-13 05:02
I ordered mine the day they were announced but did not receive them up to now ................

Not even and info that they were already shipped .........................

I ordered the day they were announced as well.  Still not shipped.  Support have no clue and keep telling me someone will send me an email.  Nothing. I ping DJI each day and the latest story is they are out of stock^^.  I will venture a guess there is a manufacturing issue and no one told any of the online agents so they just say anything to close off the chat.
2017-3-13
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

It shortens you flight time to about 10 minutes. I don't think it's worth it.

Regards,
Yhadar
2017-3-13
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

The price is too high, true. But still it could be usefull when a bunch of birds attacks or accidently flies into your Mavic. What you think?
2017-3-14
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Willik Posted at 2017-3-14 00:36
The price is too high, true. But still it could be usefull when a bunch of birds attacks or accidently flies into your Mavic. What you think?

The "cage" does seem to offer better protection in many ways than the "guards", but even with the cage I wouldn't want to pit a Mavic against a bird, much less a flock of them. Things like beaks and talons could probably still fit through the cage's spokes, and if that did happen the cage might even make it worse since there's less chance that the obstruction would simply be pushed away when hit by a propeller.

The biggest use I can see for the cage is when (as mentioned earlier) intentionally flying close to people or when flying indoors, but since I do neither the price is a bit too steep for me.
2017-3-14
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Yhadar Posted at 2017-3-13 23:44
It shortens you flight time to about 10 minutes. I don't think it's worth it.

Regards,

Nope, it shortens to 17 minutes ....................
2017-3-14
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

i would pay $30
2017-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules