Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Transfer Editor Projects?
1481 7 2017-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aXTt9cWSM3Jy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29462 ft
United States

Im trying to find if there is a way to transfer in progress projects in Editor mode on DJI go 4 for ios from my iphone to my Ipad pro.
   So i typically fly using my Iphone 7+ and from what i understand the app uses a video cache to make the auto edit projects. These are NOT the full resolution clips.

Id like to know if there is an easy way to transfer the "in progress" project to the DJI go 4 app on my Ipad pro.   I know i could share it but thats a completed project.  I want to be able to edit the projects on the bigger screen of my ipad, but am not particualry interested in using my ipad to fly my DJI, atleast not yet.

Any thoughts and or suggestions are welcome!
2017-3-13
Use props
mstevens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19078 ft
United States

I have exactly the same question.
2017-3-15
Use props
mstevens
lvl.2
United States

This can be done by saving files from within iTunes to your computer then saving them to a new device. Saving will overwrite the directory on the device, so I created a merged directory with files from both devices and saved it to my target device.
2017-3-18
Use props
mstevens
lvl.2
United States

I neglected to specify that the directory containing these files is VideoEditProjects
2017-3-18
Use props
aXTt9cWSM3Jy
lvl.1
United States

mstevens Posted at 2017-3-18 15:14
I neglected to specify that the directory containing these files is VideoEditProjects

@mstevens,    would it possible to provide maybe a step by step or some more details.   I dont seem to be seeing this directory when i connect my phone to itunes.
2017-3-20
Use props
mstevens
lvl.2
United States

Connect your device to iTunes.

Go to the screen where you would sync or backup the device.

Scroll down below the list of installed or installable apps. You'll find a section of apps that create files that you might want to read from or add to your device. Click on DJI Go.

You'll see a list of files and folders. You won't be able to read them directly here. At the bottom right of the panel that contains the list of files are buttons to save or import things. Select what you want and save it to your computer.

Do the same on your other device only import the files from your computer. Be aware that if you save a directory everything in that directory on the target device will be overwritten. This is why I recommend saving the directory from each device then merging them to create a directory that contains everything you want, then saving that back to your device.
2017-3-20
Use props
Justins567
lvl.1
United States

mstevens Posted at 2017-3-20 07:57
Connect your device to iTunes.

Go to the screen where you would sync or backup the device.

you sir are AWESOME!    thank you a ton!
2017-3-20
Use props
Justins567
lvl.1
United States

Alright so I gave this a whirl now that I'm home,  and I learned a couple things.

I was able to get all my projects to copy over and are visible on my iPad, BUT I kept getting an error "some footage in this project has been deleted or missing".   here at my notes on how I got this working.

As @mstevens stated hook up your iPhone after flight and download your footage to your computer using iTunes , my addition to this is you MUST also download the VideoCache folder!  this is what is storing the actual clips for the Auto edit creations in the app.
when hooking  up your iPad, make sure the DJI GO app is closed before you copy any folders.
copy to the videoCache folder first, I tried the edit projects folder first and I kept getting the above error
after copying the videoCache folder you can now copy the VideoEditProjects folder.
launch DJI GO, modify the auto edit as you see fit.

2017-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules