Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Got My Mavic Today
1453 26 2017-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David Hall
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26004 ft
Canada

So excited

2017-3-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hey you will have a ball with it. Happy flying. Good luck..
2017-3-13
Use props
Nikon 1
Second Officer
United States

Please be a responsible quad pilot and observe the rules . . . And have FUN!
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hope you enjoy your flight and you are welcome to post your nice photos or videos here.
2017-3-13
Use props
tellus1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 105551 ft
Australia

Good luck!!
2017-3-13
Use props
Range30
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11281079 ft
United States

Congratulation! Where in Canada are you from? And what date did you purchase your Mavic, what date did they confirm shipping and what date did your Mavic Pro arrive at your doorstep? I ask because I live in California (Concord, CA 45 mins east of San Francisco) purchased a Mavic Pro and other goodies on March 2, received a shipping confirmation March 3rd and delivery was scheduled for March 7. It's now March 14 and still awaiting my package. I've contacted both FEDEX and DJI Online Sales which and they assured me that they're resolving the matter so hopefully I get my DJI this month. Bummed though because I leave on spring break vacation next week. So you're very fortunate David Hall. Enjoy!
2017-3-13
Use props
fansd475a94c
lvl.1
United States

I have put mine to full use. I love flying and editing
2017-3-14
Use props
David Hall
lvl.1
Canada

Range30 Posted at 2017-3-13 23:48
Congratulation! Where in Canada are you from? And what date did you purchase your Mavic, what date did they confirm shipping and what date did your Mavic Pro arrive at your doorstep? I ask because I live in California (Concord, CA 45 mins east of San Francisco) purchased a Mavic Pro and other goodies on March 2, received a shipping confirmation March 3rd and delivery was scheduled for March 7. It's now March 14 and still awaiting my package. I've contacted both FEDEX and DJI Online Sales which and they assured me that they're resolving the matter so hopefully I get my DJI this month. Bummed though because I leave on spring break vacation next week. So you're very fortunate David Hall. Enjoy!

Hi Range30.  I got lucky I pre-purchased my drone from an DJI- authorized dealer (DR Drone) on Friday 10 March and they told me they expected the order to come in on 13 March in which it did.  I'm from Nova Scotia.  Best of luck to you.  I hope your drone comes in before spring break.
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

David Hall Posted at 2017-3-14 06:41
Hi Range30.  I got lucky I pre-purchased my drone from an DJI- authorized dealer (DR Drone) on Friday 10 March and they told me they expected the order to come in on 13 March in which it did.  I'm from Nova Scotia.  Best of luck to you.  I hope your drone comes in before spring break.

Pretty amazing little aircraft isn't it?
Although it's extremely easy to fly, also lame sure to understand all it's features, functions, and especially it's limitations of which all are listed in the manual.
And congratulations.
2017-3-14
Use props
David Hall
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-14 09:07
Pretty amazing little aircraft isn't it?
Although it's extremely easy to fly, also lame sure to understand all it's features, functions, and especially it's limitations of which all are listed in the manual.
And congratulations.

It is an amazing drone.  I haven't flown it yet and to tell you the truth I'm a little apprehensive.  I want to watch more videos and read more before the first flight.
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

David Hall Posted at 2017-3-14 09:31
It is an amazing drone.  I haven't flown it yet and to tell you the truth I'm a little apprehensive.  I want to watch more videos and read more before the first flight.

Let me make a suggestion, spend $50 and buy a Syma off Amazon to practice with.
If you are new to drones, it would really be a shame to stuff a $1,000 Mavic into something due to pilot error. I've seen so many crashed Mavics due to inexperience and could have been easily avoided by understanding the entire manual.
At least, purchase the Care Refresh.
Again, congratulations, and don't fly in your backyard or driveway until you are fully confident. Only fly in a large park and keep enough altitude so you cannot run into anything.
2017-3-14
Use props
David Hall
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-14 09:36
Let me make a suggestion, spend $50 and buy a Syma off Amazon to practice with.
If you are new to drones, it would really be a shame to stuff a $1,000 Mavic into something due to pilot error. I've seen so many crashed Mavics due to inexperience and could have been easily avoided by understanding the entire manual.
At least, purchase the Care Refresh.

Thanks for the advice.  I did buy the refresh.
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

David Hall Posted at 2017-3-14 09:40
Thanks for the advice.  I did buy the refresh.

Perfect, you're all set.
Enjoy and safe fun flying.
2017-3-14
Use props
fansc2962bbc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

Its an fantastic little high tech drone when it works as expected. Lets hope you got one of the healty ones  Ill pray for you.  
2017-3-14
Use props
M_str
lvl.1
Belgium

Wondering little thing !  
Good piece of advice : NEVER go back / reverse gear ... trees might seem far away but they are not ... and the alert detection system is only forward
I did it sunday : my drone is still stuck 20m high and I miss it so much !!!!!!!!!!
2017-3-14
Use props
Molar
lvl.1
Canada

M_str Posted at 2017-3-14 12:08
Wondering little thing !  
Good piece of advice : NEVER go back / reverse gear ... trees might seem far away but they are not ... and the alert detection system is only forward
I did it sunday : my drone is still stuck 20m high and I miss it so much !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice.  I read your post.  I hope you are successful in retrieving it.  I looked at the tree it is stuck in.  When I was a kid I climbed higher trees then that but I would never attempt it again at my age.  Good luck.
2017-3-14
Use props
Burmman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

I got mine last week and the weather has been so bad I haven't flown it yet. First day we had 40-60 mph winds. Lots of damage to the area and now it's a giant snow storm that is piling up lots of snow. I hoe to get some great snow video after it calms down.
2017-3-14
Use props
Molar
lvl.1
Canada

Burmman Posted at 2017-3-14 17:33
I got mine last week and the weather has been so bad I haven't flown it yet. First day we had 40-60 mph winds. Lots of damage to the area and now it's a giant snow storm that is piling up lots of snow. I hoe to get some great snow video after it calms down.

We're getting snow here as well.  I'm not too much in a hurry to fly, I'm waiting for a little warmer weather.  Good time to research and watch youtube videos.  Good luck with your first flight.
2017-3-14
Use props
M_str
lvl.1
Belgium

My second day of flight, I got a "wind alert".  Was a bit windy on the ground, and once it got higher I guess it became very windy...  
The return to home point function turned on !  I switched to manual and quickly went lower and back "home".  Impressive !
2017-3-15
Use props
Molar
lvl.1
Canada

M_str Posted at 2017-3-15 06:20
My second day of flight, I got a "wind alert".  Was a bit windy on the ground, and once it got higher I guess it became very windy...  
The return to home point function turned on !  I switched to manual and quickly went lower and back "home".  Impressive !

Hi M_str really glad you got your drone back.  How did you end up getting it out of the tree?
2017-3-15
Use props
fansad077c11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133455 ft
France

Hello,

I was like you few weeks agoo ; I spent some time on the simulator, and it does help.

Also, when you will start  flying in real life, try the beginner mode. You will slowly get used to it with limited speed and short allowed distance (30 meters max). choose an all around 50m free of obstacles area, put the settings correct (RTH, etc) and nothing bad can happen !
2017-3-15
Use props
Molar
lvl.1
Canada

fansad077c11 Posted at 2017-3-15 12:27
Hello,

I was like you few weeks agoo ; I spent some time on the simulator, and it does help.

Thank you fansad077c11.  I haven't tried the sim yet but I will before flying for sure.  There are so many settings on DJI GO 4 I want to make sure that I have them all set properly before flying.  If you or anyone else has fined tuned their settings and want to pass along any advice it would be appreciated.  I will take your advice and set it to beginner initially.  I'm also looking into getting an iPad I think my iPhone screen will be too small for my old eyes.  Thanks again.  Happy flying.
2017-3-15
Use props
GSPRODUCT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2677 ft
United States

M_str Posted at 2017-3-14 12:08
Wondering little thing !  

2017-3-15
Use props
M_str
lvl.1
Belgium

Molar Posted at 2017-3-15 13:11
Thank you fansad077c11.  I haven't tried the sim yet but I will before flying for sure.  There are so many settings on DJI GO 4 I want to make sure that I have them all set properly before flying.  If you or anyone else has fined tuned their settings and want to pass along any advice it would be appreciated.  I will take your advice and set it to beginner initially.  I'm also looking into getting an iPad I think my iPhone screen will be too small for my old eyes.  Thanks again.  Happy flying.

I use an ipad : greater screen.  But then you need a real bag to go out with your drone, land stripe, ipad, a place where you can sit (because you can't hold both ipad AND controller confortably) ...
Also, with such a nice screen I believe it makes me over confident ... and/or over caught by scenery !  So that I went into a tree ...  while actually, you should just have an idea of where you are and where you are going (4k or 3k is recorded on the micro SD for later).
I guess I ll start using my smartphone later and at least, from now on I ll focus on the flight first then the scenery ...
2017-3-16
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142615 ft
Singapore

Congrats on your new Mavic, have fun and fly safe
2017-3-16
Use props
greenwire
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38281 ft
United States

David Hall Posted at 2017-3-14 09:31

Great... looks like you are doing everything right, practice in open parks and post some pics/vids for everyone to enjoy.

Cheers
2017-3-16
Use props
Burmman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182142 ft
United States

Molar Posted at 2017-3-14 17:42
We're getting snow here as well.  I'm not too much in a hurry to fly, I'm waiting for a little warmer weather.  Good time to research and watch youtube videos.  Good luck with your first flight.

Thanks. I'm doing just that.Research and fun videos. YouTube has a lot of great Mavic videos and info.
2017-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules