Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5 camera questions
640 3 2017-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ups_Jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

From
My understanding, and what I have read, this camera does not have true auto focus like the X-3? Also, is it possible to fly and use this camera effectively by yourself, or is it best to have a 2nd controller, and camera operator.
2017-3-13
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

kinda the opposite.  The X5 actually has an auto focus, where the X3 everything is already in focus because the camera has a much smaller sensor locked to infinity.  There is no touch to focus option.  With the X5, you will get much better results if you know how to use the camera.  If you're an amateur and happy with mediocre results and want a more simple point and shoot type camera, then buy the cheap X3.  I used the X5 very successfully as a single person operator for two years.
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to add on to what Scooter mentioned, whether you want to handle focusing yourself really depends on how good you are with multi tasking. Having tap focus on the X5 helps for quick focusing, while the C1 + gimbal wheel button function makes it easy to do a smooth focus transition or to make a few smooth tweaks.
2017-3-13
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

As a solo operator, here is what I do. If shooting stills, no problem. Compose the shot, hover, shoot.
Video is tougher. I set a waypoint course first, then when re-flying it, I can concentrate on operating the camera.
2017-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules