Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic 395
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2128648 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Guys,
   I recently update to the new firmware on my Phantom 4 Pro Plus. Every time I turn on the remote and the controller connects to the Drone, a message in a white box appears in the middle of the screen saying "Data Update: Connect aircraft to update your data." I am then given two boxes under the text with a choice of Update or Ignore. When I hit the Update button it asks me to "Connect your device as indicated. 1. Turn your on your remote controller before firmware update. 2. Connect the aircraft with your mobile mobile device using the attached connection cable." It shows a picture of the drone being connected with the two supplied cables to a mobile phone. I have the Plus so I tried connecting the drone to the controller via Usb and and adapter cable. Neither one did anything and I am still getting the same pop up message everytime I turn on the Drone. Any suggestions as what to do.

Thanks.
2017-3-13
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

It is impossible to get rid of the dumb "Data Update" Nag that you are having by following your onscreen instructions since the P4P+ aircraft does not operate or update via a connected mobile device.

You have updated using an older version of DJI Assistant 2 that does not have updated NFZ Management.  Download the latest version that is currently DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.0. Connect your aircraft to PC and start Assistant 2 V1.1.0  Since you have already done the aircraft firmware update It will just do its "Updated No Fly Zone Management" thing - this takes only like 30 seconds so no big deal. Select yes to whatever it wants you to do. This WILL get rid of the "DataUpdate" nag but the downside may be that your current position is now in a NFZ so consider carefully if you prefer the nag or the possibility of being unable to fly. Probably only need to be concerned if close to existing aiport.
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Just as PhantomPhil mentioned, please install the latest DJI assistant version and refresh the firmware again.
Please let us know if this helps.
2017-3-15
Use props
iPhonedo
lvl.1

United States

Turn off your remote, connect your remote (not your phone), to phantom 4 pro, turn on your remote. Hit update when notification appears. Mine did a no-fly zone update and the notification is gone now.
2017-3-17
Use props
dt6839
New
Flight distance : 203074 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guys

I have the same problem but according to the DJI website version 1.0.9 which I have is the latest version - I can't find any mention of v 1.1.0.
2017-5-14
Use props
BenStein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066532 ft
United States

iPhonedo Posted at 2017-3-17 11:33
Turn off your remote, connect your remote (not your phone), to phantom 4 pro, turn on your remote. Hit update when notification appears. Mine did a no-fly zone update and the notification is gone now.

I can't get this message to go away for the life of me. IPhonedo, which port did you connect to the P4P? The full size USB or the micro USB?
2017-6-11
Use props
Property Pilots
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789836 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-15 03:14
Just as PhantomPhil mentioned, please install the latest DJI assistant version and refresh the firmware again.
Please let us know if this helps.

I've connected to the DJI assistant 2 and downloaded the NFZ update, but I've been waiting now over 30 minutes for the instal.
It seems to be stuck at "transmitting" and 0%
what can I do...
I've restarted my DJI assistant 2 app on the iMac. and that made no difference.
2017-8-22
Use props
Property Pilots
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789836 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

it also says , when. I restart the app, that its "waiting for the backend to boot".  what does this mean?
2017-8-22
Use props
kingstonphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160197 ft
United States

Still having this problem was there a fix>???
2017-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules